IGNORED

AvP 2: Annihalation

LianneJaguar64

The only thing that exist in that regard is a design document by Beyond Games who interestingly where contracted to do the game instead of Rebellion. Can't remember if the docs have been released(I remember seeing a picture of the artwork of the titlepage) or not as a lot of that stuff vanished with JS2. If yes, chances are that Saturn saved it as he archieved a lot of stuff. As for code or screenshots you have seen the comments above...

• Like 2

This wasn't intended to be an April Fools :( I didn't know much about this game and wanted to know more, now I see it's not as real as it may seem

It's ok - we forgive you :)

He's fooled many people. You can tell the ones that have 'outed' him for the hypocritical bullshit artist he is by the people he openly attacks at every opportunity. Such a sad waste of a life.

• Like 8

In Retrogamer Collection n°9 edited in France last week ( http://retrogamercollection.blogspot.fr/ )

page 62 > 67 : Beyond Games file

Simple translation : "After the release of Ultra Vortek, Atari ask us if we were interested to dev AvP 2 for JaguarCD"..." We stopped all our others projects to start it"

"sadly the commercial fail of the Jaguar push Atari to stop all" ...

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have any information on this game? I'm looking for as much as possible, currently I only have one screenshot from Laird's Lair's 'Unreleased Jaguar Games' video, but I'm looking for links to sites or other information.

Thanks! <3

Not sure if your still looking for more credible info on this (The screen used in that individuals video is from Rebellion's PC AVP so totally different format and developer than anything planned for the Jaguar), but here's a P.R statement from Beyond Games in Autumn 1995:

First, I'm sorry to report, there are no immediate plans to do

BattleWheels for the Jag. However, a fully networked version of

BattleWheels for the PC _is_ in the early stages of development. I

wouldn't be surprised to see it ported to the Jag after it's released, but the PC version will come first.

Second, No final deal on AvPII has been struck. That doesn't mean we're not going to be doing it, but that it won't get out of the planning stages until contracts are signed, etc.

Final contracts were never signed as Atari merged with JTS.

• Like 2

Not sure if your still looking for more credible info on this (The screen used in that individuals video is from Rebellion's PC AVP so totally different format and developer than anything planned for the Jaguar), but here's a P.R statement from Beyond Games in Autumn 1995:

First, I'm sorry to report, there are no immediate plans to do

BattleWheels for the Jag. However, a fully networked version of

BattleWheels for the PC _is_ in the early stages of development. I

wouldn't be surprised to see it ported to the Jag after it's released, but the PC version will come first.

Second, No final deal on AvPII has been struck. That doesn't mean we're not going to be doing it, but that it won't get out of the planning stages until contracts are signed, etc.

Final contracts were never signed as Atari merged with JTS.

Well damn, Battle Wheels on the Jaguar could have been pretty dope! I have my original Jag I bought at Kaybee Toys in 1995 and on the back there was that screenshot of Battle Wheels to be a future released game and the screen pic was so cool! I like Battle Wheels on the Lynx but it is so damn pixilated, it would be nicer to play it on the Jag on a much larger screen with better graphics if possible. That's too bad there are no plans for it per your post above.

• Like 2