IGNORED

Massive Apple lot with Demo software

rapoza609

So I recently found a lot on craigslist. I've been looking for an apple II to add to my collection and this lot had that and more. After coming to an agreement on price I met with the woman to pick up everything. When I did I was blown away by how much was actually in the lot. She explained to me that she used to work at Apple and, without giving her name and actual title, I will say that she was high up in the education division at apple. She also had a big hand in the EWorld network that apple tried to get off the ground to compete with AOL.

So I'm not quite sure if I've got something really good in this lot. Here is just a small list of some of the things in the lot:

• Apple II+ with monitor and disk drive (all work fine)
  • Apple II GS complete setup with 3.5" and 5.25" disk drives (boots up but have not tested the drives
  • Mac SE setup in an official apple Mac carrying bag (boots up)
  • Hundreds of boxed software titles from games to Office programs to educational tiles.
  • tons of sealed titles
  • Lots of sealed titles labeled DEMO, NOT FOR RESALE, and EVALUATION COPY ONLY (games, educational titles, and office software - inlucded a sealed "Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?" labled as a Review Copy)
  • Apple promotional items like pins, bumper stickers, water bottles, mugs still sealed in the packaging
  • Apple computer club shirts
  • Apple eworld shirts
  • Apple Employee convention lanyards
  • Apple Employee Christmas cards and gifts
  • Mission Impossible/Apple cross promotional posters (huge posters)
  • Disks sealed in envelope withe "REVIEW ONLY" stickers on it (Apple system update disks for employees I believe)

There were a lot of items labeled as DEMO and such because companies would send her software for her to review for Apple to give the Ok. Much of the copies here are not opened and still sealed. What's really cool to me is that I grew up using an apple II and IIGS at school. Because of her position, the computers she gave me were the ones she personally used to for work. So to think that the computers I just got had a hand in the development and review of the software I used as a kid is just really great. I paid $200 for everything.

I'm just not sure if all the demo sealed items (also some not sealed) are anything special or if they are common enough. And I don't know much about the promotional items, whether they are particularly collectible or not.

I will upload pictures as well bit by bit. (my computer is giving me issues with this)

post-40089-0-05973700-1491345847_thumb.jpg

post-40089-0-36454400-1491345880_thumb.jpg

post-40089-0-73088000-1491345899_thumb.jpg

post-40089-0-86265700-1491345921_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It's Apple stuff and I see dollahz!

Some of the items are worthless crap. Some will bring you good ROI.

That's the problem. There's so much stuff. I've got a basement full of educational stuff, and teaching aids for software that I'm not sure what to make of it all.

If you sell/price things in bulk there's probably going to be a lot of slippage. On the other hand, individually pricing things will take time and effort and will likely net the higher price.

The II+, from the pic, I would say is around $150 - $200. That price will change and solidify as the unit is opened up and scrutinized on the inside.

The external 3.5 drive, that may be worth $50 or $180, depending on the model number.

A nice working IIgs system could range from around $200 to $1000 depending on what cards are in there. More if there are original boxes and paperwork.

Some of the doo-dads like buttons. I see big range of $5 to nearly $50 or $60, more if there are rare ones buried in there.

Why not search ebay's "ended" list. Get the price from there. Try taking an average of 3 or 4 sales (or just use the highest price trade) and add an arbitrary 4% for good measure? That is if you're looking to flip this stuff.

Edited by Keatah