IGNORED

Launch-era Sega Genesis box pictures and dimensions

Leonardo Biagi

Hello everybody. I've been around the other forums asking people for some high quality pictures/ scans from console system boxes so I can store my systems properly, since I have them since I was a child and had no regards for keeping them. Now it's hard to find empty boxes to sell them in Brazil and when I do they charge prives that are almost or even higher than the consoles themselves.

And some people seemed to enjoy the idea and started meking requests. And I got a request for a box for the Sega Genesis (launch-era he called it). Would anyone that have the box be kind enough to take some pics and measure the box?

I always keep updating the topic with the progress and share the final archive with whoever asks for it.

Someone even suggested that I made mini replica boxes for display and they turned out really cool boxes.

I'll post some pictures of them.

Anyway, thanks for your time, and hope to get the help I need to help our friend.

Sorry for the sideway pictures, but the forum isnn't handling well my pictures...

post-50438-0-30116200-1491456140_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-21079700-1491456146_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-54421100-1491456150_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-11470900-1491456155_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-24607200-1491456162_thumb.jpg

That would have been the launch box with Altered Beast packed in and prominently featured. I see plenty of front shots, but a cursory search didn't turn up any pics of the sides or back.

I love what you're doing here.

Yes, that's what I thought, at least that's the first one that came out in Brazil. I found a picture of the back of the box, but the sides is turning out to be very hard. But the main thing I need, the most important, are the dimensions of the box. If I can get that, I think I can manage to make the box with internet pictures.

So, I'm still begging for a nice soul to provide the pics and dimensions.

Thanks Flojomojo and everybody.

From a current eBay auction ... they're rough, but you could probably fake them. I wish I had a box to measure for you.

attachicon.gifs-l1600.jpgattachicon.gifs-l1600-2.jpgattachicon.gifs-l1600-3.jpgattachicon.gifs-l1600-4.jpgattachicon.gifs-l1600-5.jpg

That is great already!! I can make the structure and then, when someone send the dimensons, it will be easy to adapt.

But still, for the pictures of the console, the hands playing and the master system adaptor, if someone could send these pictures from the box from up close (and the measurements, cant stress that enough), it would help a lot. The rest I can manage from Flojomojo's help.

Thanks a lot for the help. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From a current eBay auction ... they're rough, but you could probably fake them. I wish I had a box to measure for you.

attachicon.gifs-l1600.jpgattachicon.gifs-l1600-2.jpgattachicon.gifs-l1600-3.jpgattachicon.gifs-l1600-4.jpgattachicon.gifs-l1600-5.jpg

Hi Flojomojo, I finally got the dimensions to the box and started the project. I'm using the pictures you provided since I couldn't get anyone to send me hd pics. Here's the main side.

post-50438-0-08397900-1496973806_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-50805600-1496973819_thumb.jpg

I'm always leery of folks asking for high quality scans of packaging in this manner.

All my art is available online for whoever wants to use it. leonardobiagi.imgur.com . That's the meaning of community, right? But I get your reaction, there's been some discussion on the 3do forum as well. Now I'm writing that it's a repro box, but that won't stop people from using it to the dark side.

Come on guys, only Flojomojo is helping here? Could someone at least take the measurements?

Anyway, I finished another project for the same guy who asked me the Genesis box.

That looks really really good. But my OCD is kicking in on the slight tilt that the Kung Fu screenshot has on it. It doesn't quite match up with the other screen shots.

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

That looks really really good. But my OCD is kicking in on the slight tilt that the Kung Fu screenshot has on it. It doesn't quite match up with the other screen shots.

Hahaha, then you can't check my Vectrex box where I had to take an image of the console and invert it so I could replace the one from the picture which was really bad. The place where we insert the cartridge is on the wrong side and I didn't clean it... (not mentioning the fact that the controller is in a different position as well.)

I could fix it but, pleople've been asking to disclaim somewhere in the boxes that they are replicas, and these diferences make a pretty good disclaimer. (I agree with the disclaimer, but even doind so, people can erase and change whatever they want to)..

And thank you for your comment.

post-50438-0-86508500-1497018201_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody!!!

All this Genesis box project talk gave me the idea to revive my Genesis collection and so I started digging my stuff and found my Genesis Game Genie and Game Shark among them. I found the Game Genie manual and found out that it's missing about 30 pages from the beggining, I don't remeber exactly how it was supposed to be built, but all tha codes are there so I'm guessing it were some disclaimers and presentations of the game and maybe isnstructions. So my question is, does anybody have one that could send me pictures of those missing pages, or even point me to a direction where I can find it (I found some but it seems different from my version, which is European I suppose), or even to buy a new one. Again, this is a project for myself to restore it an keep it with all things Genesis at home. Again, I appreciate all the help, and hope to give back to the community with whichever I can.

The box project is goind steady, the part that is difficult is still the hd pictures, but I'm managing to get everything separately and soon I post more results.

And should I start another topic about the game genie or are people tired of me asking for stuff??

Thanks as always

post-50438-0-11858800-1498157011_thumb.jpeg

post-50438-0-87906100-1498157012_thumb.jpeg

post-50438-0-18581600-1498157015_thumb.jpeg

post-50438-0-18101900-1498157018_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Leonardo Biagi

Were you interested in the Sega CD model 1 box and 32 X one as well? I could snap pictures of the ones I have for that. Just buiding on the concept and all.

Hello Professor!!!

Thank you! Thank you! I'm very interested on those as well. If you could take the time to take the pictures and measure it wolud be awesome and I would be forever grateful!

Now the back part of the box is done. Once again I had to improvise a lot, because of the lack of hd pictures, but the pictures that Flojomojo provided turned out really useful. I had to change the screenshots and the consoles pictures for a better quality, but I think it turned out nice anyway. Now to the sides...

Thanks again for your time.

post-50438-0-45417000-1498445457_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-57539700-1498445471_thumb.jpg

• 4 years later...