IGNORED

FS: Barebone Firebee, from first production run

goev_no05

Nice! You have been a member here since August, this is your third post ever, you are in another country, there are no pictures or credentials posted and you are asking for $425USD. I'll take it!

And instead of asking for pictures and credentials, you are doing what?? Posting that? You're not getting my Firebee whatever you would pay.

I happened to be a member of the Firebee "software team". I did get mine long before it was publicly released. Didn't get around doing much more than making the official background images for the Firebee desktop though.

http://firebee.org/fb-bin/page?label=look_and_feel&lng=EN

G.Vaelidalo, that's me. Search for it, if you are able.

Thanks for ruining my thread with acid reflux. Good work.

BTW, the Firebee is reserved by another foreign gentleman at the moment, but I'll post here if he changes his mind.

Geir

Just be straight, post pics of what you are selling (why the hell should *i* ask for them, you are posting your sale, right?) and tell us who you are and where you came from (credentials, common chat, etc). That's how you sell stuff and make friends. That is all I'm saying. You may not even want to make friends or communicate in that fashion and that is cool too. But you better be SURE you are legit with the sales in this forum at the very least.

I searched you as suggested, and found you contributed wallpapers to the project (software team member?) and created a right wing Duplo block on Thingverse. Very NOT the kind of credentials that would make be feel very comfortable with paypaling $500 to you. Just being completely honest here.

A three post user trying to sell a half a grand item with no pictures. Whew. Takes my breath away literally how many times I have seen this (as a scam) so you have to understand (if you are not a scammer) how tiresome it is. I see this all of the time with scammers abroad and I have to wonder if they think US citizens like me (or other users countries) are stupid enough to go for it? You are probably legit (maybe) but we have been in a war with legitimacy in these marketplace forums and protect each others backs.

I am not trying to crap on your sale, but see where I (and others) are coming from viewing it. Modify it with the proper criteria and tone down the attitude and maybe you can sell some stuff.

And sorry about the acid reflux. Just took omeprazole so we should be good there :)

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 2

Eighbit, thanks for the advice, but this isn't a one push-sale. I wrote I was considering selling my FireBee. People who might be interested can then contact me and get whatever info they feel necessary.

I understand your concern with fake posting, but leave out the sarcasm and huge animated gifs and just ask for pics or whatever. What you did is just counterproductive and helps nobody.

I've posted the same item for sale in several other marketplaces, and this is the only forum where I got this kind of feedback.

Geir