IGNORED

MOSAIC Memory manual?

KLund1

I got a 800 that has a MOSAIC memory card installed. It is working, But I need the manual to be able to use it properly. I quick search in here and in google did not give any good results. I did a couple of POKE's and got it up to a bit over 50K. But a manual/instructions would be much more helpful.

Anyone have a soft copy?

Thanks

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/177885-atari-800-ram-selection/page-2

find info scattered all over this thread

some further info

http://www.atariarchives.org/creativeatari/The_Mosaic_64K_RAM_Card.php

What cards do you have....

there were many.....

One of my stations had ram cards with interconnecting cables in between but that was years ago..

Fiberwire here on AA might have what you need

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

I think it is 64K select card. But I do not know for sure. The board says Mosaic "64K .4 1983"

I saw those pages/links but no manual.

It was just the one card installed very professionally an 800 I recently picked up.

The Atari OS ROM board, I noticed, had all version B roms, and it was not in a case. The 2 16K Rams were cases.

I would really like a manual to better understand this board.

I find it amazing that it is not easily available.

I find it amazing that it is not easily available.

Yeah, I understand. Considering how much obscure stuff is so well documented, it still surprises me when something turns up that no one has good information about. One of my 800's has a single Atari 16K board and an obscure aftermarket 32K board by MPC Peripherals called the AT-32. All my Googling leads to almost nothing except a thread here at AA a couple of years ago when one came up for auction on eBay ... I can find a few fleeting references to the company's products on old Atari magazines but that's it.

not that this helps but this is half the memory I had way back when and I think it's pretty cool to see

http://www.bobhays.com/atari512k.html

The links I posted earlier should get you an understanding and make it possible for you to use your cards in any event. I sent a pm to see if the scans can be re uploaded

mpc at-32 should be a clone 32k ram card

Mosaic produced 32k and 64k boards. The three slots could be 64k boards and combined for 192k

Axlon chose different select methods for their different products which I think was due to their ramdisk card

using $CFFF as a control register. Banked memory appears from $4000 to $7FFF where as I think the ramcram cards used $C000 so I'd wander through the links I posted for some further specifics.

Magna Systems did the 512k and 1meg cards and that's one of the configurations I used as it was Axlon compatible in bank selection.

cremenco and compupro systems had internal 800 system cards in them for developement, and rom simulator cards allowed for direct memory manipulation in the cartridge space on actual 800's... that's about all I can remember but hey I probably posted all this elsewhere anyway.. sorry If I repeated anything....

that atari archives link has some sample program and such as well as a decent explanation.

Edited by _The Doctor__

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 11:34 PM, hunmanik said:

Here we have:

• Mosaic 64K RAM Select Owner's Manual (with two inserts)
  • Mosaic 64K Cable Connectors Package #1 card
    SuperDrive, which came with this version of Cable Package #1, is already at AtariMania.)

Mosaic 64K RAM Select Owner's Manual.pdf 15.73 MB · 18 downloads Mosaic 64K Cable Connectors Package #1 card.pdf 506.57 kB · 14 downloads

Just EXCELLENT set of manuals.

This is VERY valuable, and a HUGE thanks !!!

????

Just curious, as I have a mosiac board in my 800 for 64k total.

Can this board address memory like the XL? I was never able to run games that required 64k, (Eidelon etc).

I downloaded some files eons ago but at best I was able to create a ramdisk.

Is there an executable for the above?

Edited by griff3125

14 hours ago, kheller2 said:

Hahhaha.. page 12: "It is very doubtful weather or not any useful Atari 1200 software will be released."

Watch the old 800 boss run in circles around the 1200XL with a Mosaic/64... ?

...Boy, even compatible with Slot-3 cards like Bit3 FullView 80-col (!!) 

The guys at Mosaic really knew the 800 architecture. What a well-designed, well-rounded memory upgrade!