IGNORED

Anyone here emulating Wii U on their PC?

toptenmaterial

Supposedly the next version, launching to the public soon, runs Zelda Breath of the Wild very well....if you have a monster PC.

I've played Wii(not Wii U) games in Dolphin, they're very nice, especially when you dial up the resolution.

I have a 7700k and a 1080, and BotW still stutters and drops down to the 10-20fps range at times. The game is very playable, but the slowdowns are annoying. I've tweaked Cemu several different ways and the problem persists. Mario Kart 8 plays very smooth, as do a few other games.

I have a 7700k and a 1080, and BotW still stutters and drops down to the 10-20fps range at times. The game is very playable, but the slowdowns are annoying. I've tweaked Cemu several different ways and the problem persists. Mario Kart 8 plays very smooth, as do a few other games.

Latest version came out today, is that the one you tried?

http://cemu.info/

Latest version came out today, is that the one you tried?

http://cemu.info/

Yes. 1.7.4d

Like I said, the game is playable, but in certain spots the frame rate drops...usually just for a second or two. It's not a huge issue, but I'd like it to be a lot smoother. I'm sure that in another version or two of the emulator, the game will be 100%.

To be fair.... Breath of the Wild doesn't always run smoothly on the consoles they are on now. I have experienced a few moments on the WiiU version of slowdown. Generally it's short lived and "acceptable", but it's kinda sad that it's even an issue of you ask me.

THUS... I'm not surprised the emulator for it has slowdown.