IGNORED

RARE Wii U games

Apparently some Wii U games are seeing prices spike already.

Surprisingly enough Wii U Sports Club is one of them (HD Version of Wii Sports with a few upgrades.)

Hello Kitty Kruisers is another, as is Super Luigi Bros U in the green case. Anyone know of anything else creeping up in price and why?

I know Devils Third was, but had a re-print and people stopped caring. That game sounded like a cool idea (beat em up) but apperently the execution wasn't good. Too bad...

Share your tales of Wii U rarities here. What do you think will be rare soon? The two disc Bayonetta comes to mind...

Bayonetta 2 with the remake of the original is getting pricey. Down the road I think Zelda and Xenoblade X will be expensive because they were two of the best RPGs for the system and the Wii U version of Zelda got completely overshadowed by the Switch launch (Xenoblade can still be found easily enough for now). If Darksiders Remastered ever gets released that one will also be a pricey one.

I still need to pick up Tokyo Mirage FE before that one disappears and becomes expensive.

• Like 2

I highly recommend Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. It's visually stunning with wonderful art design and color, and it's a damn fun JRPG. I haven't had a chance to get very far, but I really like it. I paid $40 for it new. It's funny that Hello Kitty Kruisers has gotten so expensive. I paid $10 for it at Gamestop, and got to embarrass my stepson while doing so lol. He still gives me crap for buying it, but I'll play just about any kart racer. He said we could "hateplay" it (a term I did not use around him which made me laugh - he must have picked it up on YouTube) which we did. And yes, it's pretty bad.

Other Wii U titles that seem to be creeping up in value:

The Croods: Prehistoric Party

Turbo: Super Stunt Squad

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

Funky Barn

Cabela's Big Game Hunter: Pro Hunts

Also I expect Shantae: Half-Genie Hero to skyrocket later, so pick it up it now!

Need for Speed Most Wanted U - Canned by EA after a single run. Was difficult to get hold of pretty much instantly.

Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water - Physical releases have always been silly money, even more so now.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions - Just been watching the price creep up on that for a while. Not hard to get, just getting expensive.

Fast Racing NEO - Another physical release that's been creeping up. Unlike the other Nintendo Select stuff.

Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero - Limited US only physical release (which annoys the crap out of me because it's region locked).

Yeah I do as well. I don't buy games just because they're going to be rare anymore, but this one actually looks like it could be fun.

It is fun! I know what you mean and maybe my wording was poor... I didn't mean to buy it because the value may increase, only that if you want it, now is the time to buy because it most likely will be more expensive when you try to buy it later. I just checked Amazon and it's still selling for normal retail price ($30).

Edit: @travistouchdown - I think Fatal Frame and Fast Racing Neo that juansolo mentioned got physical releases in EU but not NA.

Edited by glazball
  • Like 1

I'm wondering how rare Zelda Breath of Wild for Wii U will be eventually....I see piles of them at stores but you know they only did one run and they are going to dry up and disappear forever pretty soon I think.

They all disappeared by me. The only Wii U stuff I really see anymore is Super Smash Brothers, Mario Maker, and some of those cheapo titles like Just Dance.

• 3 weeks later...

I think there are still at least two Wii U games slated for release and I can bet you they have pretty small production runs and wind up being pretty rare in the long run..

Two? I only know of Darksiders Remastered Edition (assuming it still comes out). What is the other one?

There are three on the docket right now for North America. Cars 3, Axiom Verge, and Darksiders have all been recently announced or reconfirmed.

And I'd bet money on Just Dance 2018 this Fall, but we'll have to wait to get confirmation.

• Like 1

I've yet to play it, but it saw a lot of acclaim from press and gamers alike for providing a 2D Metroid style experience that Nintendo has failed to provide in many years.

Since Darksiders doesn't look like my type of game, it will all but certainly be the last new retail Wii U release that I buy, although I still have several older games left that I want to get.

Here's a video review about it from one of the better sources of these.

Edited by Atariboy

Two? I only know of Darksiders Remastered Edition (assuming it still comes out). What is the other one?

Darksiders is coming out. It has been confirmed and we have a date. Amazon finally updated to reflect the release date but we have known it for a couple of weeks. May 23. We are less than a week away. There is no reason to believe it will be cancelled at this point.

as is Super Luigi Bros U in the green case. Anyone know of anything else creeping up in price and why?

I bought a sealed Super Luigi U to complement my DLC download. Never opened.

EDIT: Come on, $60? That's not that rare at all...

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/wii-u/new-super-luigi-u

EDIT2: Actually very few items not console bundles or limited edition that fetch high value. Hello Kitty Cruisers seems to be pretty expensive sealed though. Not much stuff above $60 currently. Now would be an excellent time to stock on desirable games however.

Also I expect Shantae: Half-Genie Hero to skyrocket later, so pick it up it now!

Yes this. Also got mine (sealed), and did not open it since I kickstarted the original and already received my code and downloaded it before it even went live in the eShop.

I wouldn't bet on it, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see it arrive on all three.

I also wouldn't be shocked to see it end up a Switch exclusive in view of the age of the Wii, the lackluster performance of the Wii U which has quickly fallen by the wayside in a matter of a few weeks, and how well the Switch has done so far.

At least I'll almost certainly end up right, one way or another. ;)

Edited by Atariboy

• 3 months later...

There are some surprising late in life releases for the Wii U.... How big can the print runs be for these games 5-10k?

I am wondering for:

Rodea: The Sky Soldier

Darksiders Warmastered Edition

Axiom Verge

Sonic All Star Racing (Nintendo Selects Edition)

I'm going to be really curious to revisit this thread in 5-10 years and see what went ballistic....

• Like 1