IGNORED

TWIST'R-SHARK Limited Edition Atari 2600

neotokeo2001

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

How is the game anyway? I was never able to get my hands on a copy or rom. Is there a review or impressions from anyone?

Developer here. Me and Neotokeo2001 collaborated on this one. There are several videos on YouTube.

It's basically a boss rush shooter. Top down like Astrosmash. Various sharks swim downward and keep you from sitting in one place. Shoot the chickens for bonus. The gimmick here is the big baddie towards the top of the screen varies between play sessions. You never quite get the same bosses each playthrough.

As with many VCS games there is no finite end: bosses get more attributes and things get faster. The real enemy is losing grit and panic moving into the huge laser beams. :P

Nice! Thank you for the info! It always looked really cool, interesting and unlike any other VCS game. I am very bummed not to be able to get a hold of one, life got in the way whilst the release was happening. Please do let me know if you will run another batch, or if there is anyway to get a cart, or even the rom.

Thanks again!

Mitch