IGNORED

NES classic mini discontinued

Good riddance, I say. It sounded like a great idea, but thanks to Nintendo's mismanagement, most of the news about it had to do with how impossible it was to get one because of the limited supply and because resellers and scalpers were scooping them all up first. I eventually decided to get a RetroUSB AVS instead, and it's a much better value overall, especially when coupled with an EverDrive.

• Like 5

Maybe it was all just a dream ... I never saw one in stores with my own eyes.

Someone in the comments section from The Verge:

"Because theres probably a NES Classic II on its way this Holiday season that will feature wireless controllers (with a menu button) and the ability to access an online store."

A do-over with wireless controls, more games, and BETTER DISTRIBUTION (how about one console per mailing address, not sold in stores?) would be a smart move.

• Like 2

Yeah it would be smart with a v2, but also why? They'd have to raise the price to where less people would want it. They'd never keep that $60 price tag with a wireless net connection and wireless controller in the box with the ability there to update the system. $100+ easy.

I wonder if it's truly one and done, will the price ever drop on second hand units if people are just like totally over caring about it. Eventually people will back off it, collectors mainly will ignore it, and collectards into real hardware wouldn't want it either. It's hardly some badge of honor system to own.

Hopefully they're improving the product. It's neat but far from perfect. The CRT effect was overdone (IMO), the controller cords were ridiculously short, and the sound lag was off-putting. Also, the more I played it, the more I detected slight input lag as well that shows up when you're fighting Soda Popinski and later boxers. Overall it's a cool package but feels like it could've cooked a little longer.

how was it disgusting?

How was it not? Retail employees laughing as they told you to come back the next day and wait out in the cold if you want one. Not telling you how many came in, so no guarantees you'd even get one. Managers lying about shipments, deliveries and quantities. Places like LameStop refusing to take a deposit, name or phone number to set one aside for you when they trickled in. Unorthodox for them as they typically allow reserves, but they went out of their way to not take them for the Mini. Etc., etc., etc.

Already wrote about my experiences in the other 'Mini' threads if you want to look them up. An employee AND manager at Toys 'R Us were particularly offensive. The way retailers handled the Mini and Nintendo's own supply farce was a one-two punch to the balls regarding this product. And you know some employees at some of these places were purchasing them up as they came in as well, just to scalp on eBay. Entire scenario from top to bottom is grossly disgusting when you think about it. One of the greatest retail blunders I've witnessed in years, if not *the* greatest. And now Nintendo, knowing full well that there's still great demand, decides to pull the plug as a final FU to anyone and everyone that never got one. Letting scalpers with their hoards, reap the profits instead.

• Like 6