IGNORED

NES classic mini discontinued

They probably want to release a new version that can't be hacked.

Why not just do so then? There's no sense in saying, "HEY ALL.. THIS THING WON'T BE AVAILABLE ANY LONGER", when they just plan on releasing a "fixed" version. The smart thing would be to simply release said-fixed version, but with the way they are handling this, my bet is that there will be no future version.

Why not just do so then? There's no sense in saying, "HEY ALL.. THIS THING WON'T BE AVAILABLE ANY LONGER", when they just plan on releasing a "fixed" version. The smart thing would be to simply release said-fixed version, but with the way they are handling this, my bet is that there will be no future version.

Quite right. The NES Mini made sense for Nintendo in 2016, but now that the Switch is out, they can just tell anyone who requests a Super-NES Mini to simply buy a Switch and wait for their favorite SNES games to be released on the Switch's Virtual Console.

I personally love the Nes mini. I managed to pre-order and receive 3 on launch day at regular retail price. I initially bought them as stocking fillers for friends/family for Christmas and one to keep for myself. When I noticed how they instantly became impossible to buy again, I kept them and got them other gifts!

I now use one for fun, I'm a gadget maniac, so for me it's just a fun gadget to have and a real talking point when people come over.

I have pi3's inside sega megadrive (USB hub) cases in separate rooms and one right next to the nes mini and the look on people's faces when they see them, they just want to play them.

For me it's a shame to discontinue it, seeing as there's still a huge demand for it.

If they come up with the snes classic and even an n64 classic, I will still get them, I just love gadgets. [emoji3]

• Like 1

#SwitchToSega

The Classic and the Switch are two different customer bases. I won't be buying a Switch, even if they add a virtual console to it. If I was a shareholder I'd be angry over the lost income. If it wasn't making enough money cost vs retail then raise the retail 5 or 10, but seriously, the people at Nintendo making these decisions are so out of touch with modern realities. If I was Amazon and Walmart I'd be mad also over the artificial scarcity. You can bet the buyers at Amazon, and the AI supporting their systems want more inventory and Walmarts (escpecially in Canada) waste 30 percent of their lock displays on empty placeholder space for nonexistent Nintendo merchandise, even current Switch and DS items. Months go by where the Nintendo area is basically empty.

#GameOverNintendo

• Like 2

Who is that smarmy whiny nerdy bitch of a kid in that video? What a troll. He's right, he can do what he wants with it, but he must realize he's public and if someone recognizes him he could get his ass kicked over it too and hopefully the record of that showed up online too as people like that deserve a little street justice. No reason to do that at all other than to be an arrogant prick on camera to set people off.

Anyway...! Good news.

I'm sure you'll hate this, but my wife just bought the last one in the county moments ago at a Target and reasonable driving distance beyond as far as brickseek and nowinstock can dig at least. It's for my little girl, if they want me to hack it I will, and if not, that's fine too. I'll be going in her room later on today, her first legit game console to go along with the teal GB Color I picked her up lat year. :D

You're probably right. Nintendo is saying that this was always supposed to be a limited time thing.

I guess they don't want money.

You're probably right. Nintendo is saying that this was always supposed to be a limited time thing.

I guess they don't want money.

I almost wonder if it was to jazz up interest in the VC again. Like, here's this awesome thing you can play old games on...oops now you can't have it! But you CAN play those old games here....

I'd like to believe there is some form of logic to it, because damned if it doesn't actually seem like they really DON'T Like money!!!

Very interesting thread; a lot of great thoughts here.

For me, and this is going to sound very, very silly, but I am worried now because I was only able to purchase one unit. What happens if that stops working? I know, stupid point, but it's the way I think.

I get capitalism, and I respect it, but it annoys me now that the resellers -- sorry for those here who engage this, no offense meant, and you have every right to do this -- will make out on this. Nintendo should continue to sell this unit, and as someone suggested, at a higher price.

I wonder if a retailer could step in and offer Nintendo some money to make the units again. Also, some retailers should just stockpile the next one and sit on them as an investment.

The unit actually is pretty cool -- I love playing Galaga on it and being able to save mid-game.