IGNORED

burning your own ROMs

hloberg

I want to burn my own ROMs for my new game. I know Atariage and others will do it for you but I just want the experience and I like messing with hardware. I have created other carts for other systems so I have some experience.

I have found where I can get a board and burn up to 16k carts. What i want to know is if making a SC cart or a DPC+ cart is doable or desirable. can you get the chips, boards etc.. I haven't found a good answer due to me inexperience with 2600 carts. thx to all you 2600 hardware gurus out there.

I'd be glad to sell you anything you need in terms of boards and parts.

..Al

Thanks, that changes the whole dynamics. I have maintained three versions of my game; std., SC and DPC+, since I wasn't sure which direction I wanted to go. I'm leaning more and more to finishing it with SC but was unsure if I could get a board. I'm not there yet to burn the boards so I'll get more details from you later. Question, the SC board only adds a memory chip to the std. board?