IGNORED

New Demo released - Elements by Desire

Heaven/TQA

today we have released a new demo for Atari Lynx here at Revision 2017 - worlds largest demo scene event:

You can grab the rom:

http://www.evilshirt.com/_ataristuff/dsr_elements_revision2017.zip

this rom is optimised for Mednafen but not Handy emulator nor real hw (thou it runs of course on real HW but timings are wrong).

I will release as soon as I can the "real HW" edition. (sad that mednafen differs to Handy differes to real hw).

post-528-0-59694900-1492304066.png

post-528-0-82716000-1492304080.png

post-528-0-08074100-1492304092.png

post-528-0-13717300-1492304108.png

post-528-0-64789400-1492304124.png

post-528-0-44276100-1492304142.png

• Like 16

May I ask you what kind of technic you use to do bitmap rotation? (just the overall idea, not the details ;))

are familiar with so called "warp" or "twirl" or "tunnel" effects?

if so... all 3 fx are the same principle...

beware "spoiler" alarm...

http://jsfiddle.net/popmilo/1L23xh20/

;)

actually thanks to Lynx hardware you simply calculate 1 sprite while the other 3 are flipped copies of that...

so standard demo coding techniques used...

unroll code for complete texture processing... rendering not on screen but directly into an unpacked sprite structure so the blitter can do his job... or Suzy ;)

Edited by Heaven/TQA

you shouldnt use suzy in interrupts, because you can not be sure that you intercept some other action. Read the docs for more details.

(actually, I do not see any reason to do that ... switching buffers in VBL and checking the corresponding VSYNC bits or a flag should be a more appropiate way to do it)

Edited by sage

you shouldnt use suzy in interrupts, because you can not be sure that you intercept some other action. Read the docs for more details.

(actually, I do not see any reason to do that ... switching buffers in VBL and checking the corresponding VSYNC bits or a flag should be a more appropiate way to do it)

yeah. I was using "check for raster position" waitloop but somehow it's slower on real hw than in mednafen...

I guess it's because of the suzy timings. I assume the blitting operation of the witch take longer in handy and real hw so I miss the right spot to catch the VBL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...