IGNORED

issues with CC Triple Tech

Shift838

Chris,

I'm not near mine for testing at the moment, but I remember Gazoo telling me that when the printer buffer chip goes bad the cards start acting funny. He said when the 64K chip is pulled, the cards start acting normally. If you have an IC extractor, you might want to try that... assuming you do not use the printer buffer.

• Like 1

Chris,

I'm not near mine for testing at the moment, but I remember Gazoo telling me that when the printer buffer chip goes bad the cards start acting funny. He said when the 64K chip is pulled, the cards start acting normally. If you have an IC extractor, you might want to try that... assuming you do not use the printer buffer.

good suggestion. If i recall correctly Gazoo recommended pulling the Z80 chip a couple of years ago or so. i'll try that.

Edited by Shift838

i pulled the Z80 chip.

Ran my XB program to set the clock and provided the below variables

Day = 0

Date = 04/16/17

Time = 19:21:00

Ran a program to pull the Day, Date and Time and it returned:

Day = 0

Date = 00/12/13

Time = 11:21:00

So something is off with the card some how.

as far as out of ordinary. I have a few, but all were running with it before. WHT SCSI, 3MB HRD, SAMS 1024mb.

Not a big deal for now. I pulled the tripletech for now. I only had it to put my speech in the PEB and if I decided to run my BBS from the 99/4A, but I decided not to do that. I still have my speech in the new All In One case.

i pulled the Z80 chip.

Ran my XB program to set the clock and provided the below variables

Day = 0

Date = 04/16/17

Time = 19:21:00

Ran a program to pull the Day, Date and Time and it returned:

Day = 0

Date = 00/12/13

Time = 11:21:00

So something is off with the card some how.

IIRC, each digit is converted from BCD to ASCII. It would appear you have a stuck bit based on how the date values are being masked.

Try re-seating the clock chip and check for any broken resistors or resistor networks. The time is off by a different bit, however, this could be the result of the program not getting a proper response to whether you are in 24 or 12 hour mode. Try setting the time to "04:21:00" and "05:21:00" and see what happens.

• 1 year later...

Ever get anywhere with this? Also anybody have a photo of one? I picked up one untested and it has empty sockets.. Assume something's supposed to be there

I have not revisited this since I have been back in the house..(yet). Been more than a year. I need to look at it again.

Here are a front and back pick of mine.

post-35187-0-76173200-1524706196_thumb.jpg

post-35187-0-57617700-1524706207_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 11 months later...