IGNORED

Batman Atari 2600 team

TheCheeseLover

Sorry...who is "we" in the "We are going to make an Atari Batman game"? Are you looking for a coder, or do you have one? I'd really like to see this become reality.

I think the "we" is anyone who knows how to make Atari 2600 games and wants to make a Batman game based on Spuffres idea of what an Atari 2600 Batman game should be, which apparently has changed from last year when it was going to be a Spiderman hack....

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/260270-batman-2600-cover-art/

Sorry...who is "we" in the "We are going to make an Atari Batman game"? Are you looking for a coder, or do you have one? I'd really like to see this become reality.

We first need the guy who ports the commodore 64 batman the caped crusader code to batari basic code.

And the. we need the tweaker, which is me, with a little help.

We first need the guy who ports the commodore 64 batman the caped crusader code to batari basic code.

And the. we need the tweaker, which is me, with a little help.

So you need someone to do all the work. It's not going to be "porting code." It's going to be creating a game from scratch based on the C64 game.

• Like 3

The good thing about this thread is that it will bring a lot of attention to the batari Basic forum. How many pages will it go up to? Will people still be posting in this thread many years later? Will any panties become bunched? Will there be any twisted knickers?

• Like 1

It's not going to be porting code, It's going to be creating a game from scratch based on the C64 game.

Whoops. I thought you you could port it. ? If that's the case, I'll make an original batman game. Any ideas on what it should be? I'll be the main coder, and the sprites can be extracted from the commodore game, and yours too! ? Edited by Spuffure

I'll be the main coder, and the sprites can be extracted from the commodore game, and yours too!

This sounds awesome. Can I put my pre-order in now for the finished product?! Hopefully it'll include a nice box with some awesome Batman artwork.

Also kind of off topic but does anyone know when Knight Rider 2600 will be shipping?

• Like 3

Whoops. I thought you you could port it. If that's the case, I'll make an original batman game. Any ideas on what it should be? I'll be the main coder, and the sprites can be extracted from the commodore game, and yours too!

Yeah, you're going to have to create the sprites from scratch too.

If you have no programming experience, and I'm assuming you don't, start with something simple. Not even a game. Just play around with getting objects on screen and moving them around. Maybe a game will come from that, maybe not, but you'll be building up an understanding of how to do things.

Lastly, don't stay married to this whole "Batman" thing. Big companies like Warner Bros. don't like it when you use their properties without permission.

Dou you think it will work?

It's worked for other people. For example, if you wanted to "port" a Super Mario game, you could call it something like "The Adventures of Princess Nipple Stain" and there's a good chance that no one would sue you.

• Like 1

It's worked for other people. For example, if you wanted to "port" a Super Mario game, you could call it something like "The Adventures of Princess Nipple Stain" and there's a good chance that no one would sue you.

Please don't say "nipple" in a Batman thread. It brings back bad memories.

post-5573-0-40858300-1492616777_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

It's worked for other people. For example, if you wanted to "port" a Super Mario game, you could call it something like "Princess Rescue" and there's a good chance that no one would sue you.

FTFY

Anyways the seems like a pretty good plan. Can we rename Joker to The Smiler?

FTFY

Anyways the seems like a pretty good plan. Can we rename Joker to The Smiler?

Actually, the Big N sent a cease & desist and Princess Rescue had to be removed from the store. As I understand it, the ROM can be distributed, but no one can make and sell carts.