Super Castlevania IV™

Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts®

Super Mario Kart™

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars™

Super Mario World™

Super Metroid™

Super Punch-Out!! ™

Yoshi’s Island™

The good news is that Nintendo is planning a release of a SNES Classic Mini.

The bad news is that Nintendo is planning a limited release of a SNES Classic Mini, so it'll be sold out in 15 minutes from the few stores that get one.

So I wonder how many of these will show up elsewhere? We haven't seen StarFox, Super Mario RPG, or Yoshi's Island anywhere else, and a bunch of these have yet to appear on the 3DS eShop.

Contra III: The Alien Wars™

Donkey Kong Country™
EarthBound™
Final Fantasy III
F-ZERO™
Kirby™ Super Star
Kirby’s Dream Course™
The Legend of Zelda™: A Link to the Past™
Mega Man® X
Secret of Mana
Star Fox™
Star Fox™ 2
Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Castlevania IV™
Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts®
Super Mario Kart™
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars™
Super Mario World™
Super Metroid™
Super Punch-Out!! ™
Yoshi’s Island™

My personal reaction to this is a little odd ... I'm like, "ugh, I like those games, but yet another dedicated thing with its own power supply and HDMI input?" I might just need to buy a nice wireless SNES controller or two for my Pi instead of this, save my eighty bucks. Of course the same could be said of the Sega and Atari thingies coming this fall. I'll probably just buy them all, like the chump that I am.

• Like 2

Say, didn't the NES Classic have around thirty games? Surely they could have squeezed a couple more in.

Nintendo sells SNES games for $8 each, and NES games for $5 each on their eShops. I suspect they want to keep the perceived value of their games high.

21 x $8 = $168 (SNES classic is $80)

30 x $5 = $150 (NES classic is $70, if you can find one)

• Like 2

All the Super FX rumor nonsense to explain their absence on the Virtual Console can finally be silenced. Amazing how people refuse to look up some basic facts about patents.

Not surprised to see this announced. Eurogamer isn't an outlet I much respect, but one thing that can be said for them is that they don't just post any old rumor. If they said they have reliable sources, I tend to believe it. Still glad to see it be made official though. :)

I'm pleased with the game list and I'm especially thrilled to see Star Fox 2 finally escape the vault, but sort of sad that the Donkey Kong Country trilogy isn't present in its entirety. I've yet to ever officially buy any of the three, so it would've been nice to finally add them to my collection with this purchase (My Super Everdrive will have to suffice for the last two).

Are the Super Nintendo controllers again Classic Controller equivalents? I sure hope so since they're again wired, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they're USB and are Switch compatible. Edit: Good, they are Classic Controllers. So this should hopefully not only work with existing Wii accessories, but also vice versa with the Wii and Wii U.

Edited by Atariboy

I'd pay double for a machine that did both.

Yeah, they're asking me to choose between my two favorite systems. I hate to be greedy, but a box that combined the libraries of the SNES and NES Minis, while still being a legit product, would be amazing.

Greg, this is compatible with Classic Controllers. So either those are just for looks, or we'll be supplied with some sort of adapter to convert Classic Controller plugs to this different design.

I'm sort of surprised that Axelay isn't here to represent one of the biggest videogame genres of the early 1990's.

Greg, this is compatible with Classic Controllers. So either those are just for looks, or we'll be supplied with some sort of adapter to convert Classic Controller plugs to this different design.

Also worth noting is that, with both controllers included, you don't need to hunt down a second one, which for the NES classic was even harder than finding the system.

• Like 1

They're sort of cheapened out on us, it seems. Despite being $20 more than last year's model, you have to provide your own AC adapter here. You do get a second controller, but Nintendo was selling those last year for just $10, on the off chance you could even find one.

Small problem and many of us already have what we need anyways or will be plugging it into USB port for power, but they should've spent the 10 cents on each unit and included one.

Edited by Atariboy

Funny thing is after years and years I finally broke down and snagged a repro Starfox 2 on Ebay just back in March. Still though it would be great to see what is officially considered the "final" version, and on a hi-def tv at that. :)

• Like 1

Strike that, NOA is providing the power adapter. It's Europe that doesn't get one, which I think was also the case a year ago.

Included with the Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition are one HDMI cable, one USB charging cable with AC adapter and two wired Super NES Classic Controllers

Edited by Atariboy