IGNORED

Super Nintendo Classic Edition - SNES Mini thread

Rev

Is that why people hate on Forbes? The Adblock thing? OK That I get...It is annoying, but in a general sense they are a flagship business publication. It'd be like talking News and mentioning 60 Minutes or talking Cars and mentioning Rolls Royce; Not some fly-by-night outfit would be my point. My father owned a small business (a Very mom and pop music store) as well as dabbling in the Market, and he wanted to make money so yeah, along with Wall Street Journal, I've just always seen Forbes around, since the 70's...

And that's part of the problem. People see Forbes.com and figure it's like the 100-year-old financial magazine, or Steve "Flat Tax" Forbes. Yes, that was a respectable media company, even if their motto was "The Capitalist Tool" (their words, not mine!).

Since then, they've become a clickbait mill. Their contributors (not employees) are paid by the click, so they have a lot of spammy headlines and poorly written content. Friends don't link to Forbes.com articles.

If you think a grand old name deserves your time and attention for what they've done many years ago, rather than what they can deliver today, I direct your attention to Coleco's eagerly awaited Rainbow Brite game, and Atari's fascinating new Speaker Hat.

Forbes.com, in my opinion, is more useless than either of those.

• Like 4

And that's part of the problem. People see Forbes.com and figure it's like the 100-year-old financial magazine, or Steve "Flat Tax" Forbes. Yes, that was a respectable media company, even if their motto was "The Capitalist Tool" (their words, not mine!).

Since then, they've become a clickbait mill. Their contributors (not employees) are paid by the click, so they have a lot of spammy headlines and poorly written content. Friends don't link to Forbes.com articles.

If you think a grand old name deserves your time and attention for what they've done many years ago, rather than what they can deliver today, I direct your attention to Coleco's eagerly awaited Rainbow Brite game, and Atari's fascinating new Speaker Hat.

Forbes.com, in my opinion, is more useless than either of those.

Well said. I guess that makes sense then. I stand corrected. I've only read a few things there as of late and never noticed any of that, and maybe their previous image was too ingrained in my psyche. I suppose it's like when I say ATARI or for that matter COLECO...I certainly DO NOT mean the modern day versions...I just didn't realize Forbes had sank so low... *sigh*

:sad:

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more!... Also there is still a big difference between some little no name site insisting on you turning off your Adblockplus (or what have you) and FORBES asking...It's not exactly some little clickbait site telling you the IQs of celebrities or what foods you shouldn't eat* haha...

*BTW they Never tell you what foods you shouldn't eat, they just force you to watch a video which then begs for money.

I would never presume to tell you what foods not to eat, but forbes.com is shit and no one should go there.

Here's just one other reason:

Forbes Site, After Begging You To Turn Off Adblocker, Serves Up A Steaming Pile Of Malware 'Ads'

Well said. I guess that makes sense then. I stand corrected. I've only read a few things there as of late and never noticed any of that, and maybe their previous image was too ingrained in my psyche. I suppose it's like when I say ATARI or for that matter COLECO...I certainly DO NOT mean the modern day versions...I just didn't realize Forbes had sank so low... *sigh*

:sad:

It took me a while to catch on, because they were FREQUENTLY popping up in my Google alerts for things that interest me. I am a sucker for articles about star wars video games, for example. I eventually blacklisted them, and feel a little defeated every time I accidentally link back to them.

Yeah, I didn't pick up on their absence on the original.

So I retract my earlier retraction, since they did modify their original design (Just not in the way I initially thought that they had, when I had this confused with the regular 4 button SFC Super Hori Commander). :)

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So... coming out tomorrow here in the states, and stock looks good! Brickseek is saying that local Targets will have 55 or so units available which is amazing. :lol:

Walmarts near here appear to have 20-30+ units or so.

post-31-0-08228600-1506616744_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Shame there's no way to discover the amounts BB or individual TRU's will get. TRU said 50+ in their flyer though. Walmart around here 17-30 with the avg being 22 for the 3 closest. I'm going to attempt that. I was thinking of Meijer, but it's confirmed that chain will get just 8 per store and I can't be there around 6 when they feel they may give out numbers so that's pointless. I called my local TRU a moment ago (why the edit) and they said they got 42. One per person, nothing being held or handed out, just run on in and grab it off the shelf, pay, leave. Guess it'll be up to people being civil and the store being sure not to allow family and friends to play the we all got one game. Woman said employees will be made to line up too, no exceptions.

Edited by Tanooki

I was planning to get up super early and go wait in line outside of Target 3 hours before they opened tomorrow, and then I woke up today with either food poisoning or some kind of intestinal bug. Now I don't think I'll be going anywhere other than the bathroom for the next day or two. >_<

Edited by Jin

In my experience, many Target's, and nearly all Best Buys in general have the way to manage "the line" down pretty good, even letting those who are 1 over, know they're out of luck so at least they don't wast time staying.

I know the best buy does here, but the Target did something just reprehensible to some people outside for the NES last year. Some dude ran from there to the BB to get one my wife was at. They let people hold spots in line for 'friends' and then let people just have one for each person in a party and even let friends so called hold space for other friends showing up (not like a legit piss break or food run.) He was like suddenly 10th in line then over 20 and he was out of the running which was bs. TRU did the same thing too not being careful, but this time they're claiming one per customer and managed probably since they caught hell over it. The BB here the manager came out hours before they opened (like 6 ish) and gave out numbers for units, then sent everyone packing until opening and gave them a 2hr window to buy or lose. I'll have to decide which I care to use as a fall back of the midnight run fails.

So... coming out tomorrow here in the states, and stock looks good! Brickseek is saying that local Targets will have 55 or so units available which is amazing. :lol:

Walmarts near here appear to have 20-30+ units or so.

attachicon.gifwalmart.jpg

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-29-7001

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=741659089

None of my local Targets are showing stock yet. The nearest one with updated inventory is 150 miles away.

Last year my local Target got freaking two minis and the crowd of people waiting there flocked over to Best Buy where they had already passed out 25 vouchers to the30+ standing in line. I was number 9 iirc. I was in the Best Buy line from the start (which opened one hour later than Target) and grabbed my ticket and had breakfast before they opened, then passed by the vultures outside to claim my prize... :cool:

This year I have a full time job that starts at 8am so it's a bit more complicated.

I plan on hanging outside the Target store in the early morning shortly before daybreak. Around 730, I'll call in to tell my supervisor I had car trouble and am running late. I should be able to clock in by 820 or so, 830 at the latest, and I haven't been late to work once since I started there in late July. Not the best strategy on the planet but sure beats eBay scalpers, and I think I can afford one "point" and be okay. :roll:

so in my po-dunk suburb I have a 1 in 1000 chance of getting one if my one and only local target gets some... better odds than the lottery I guess

None of my local Targets are showing stock yet. The nearest one with updated inventory is 150 miles away.

Last year my local Target got freaking two minis and the crowd of people waiting there flocked over to Best Buy where they had already passed out 25 vouchers to the30+ standing in line. I was number 9 iirc. I was in the Best Buy line from the start (which opened one hour later than Target) and grabbed my ticket and had breakfast before they opened, then passed by the vultures outside to claim my prize... :cool:

This year I have a full time job that starts at 8am so it's a bit more complicated.

I plan on hanging outside the Target store in the early morning shortly before daybreak. Around 730, I'll call in to tell my supervisor I had car trouble and am running late. I should be able to clock in by 820 or so, 830 at the latest, and I haven't been late to work once since I started there in late July. Not the best strategy on the planet but sure beats eBay scalpers, and I think I can afford one "point" and be okay. :roll:

Thanks for the link to Brickseek! I just called my local WalMart, and they will be selling them at midnight. My wife convinced me to go to WalMart tonight instead of Best Buy or Gamestop early tomorrow morning. I took off yesterday just for this damn thing!

According to Brickseek, looks like my WalMart has just about 50 in stock. I plan to head out in two hours and get there around 11 PM. Hopefully that is not too late for any line that develops back at the electronics department.

Well, guys, just got back from my local WalMart and I was able to snag one at the midnight sale! They had 45 of them and gave out tickets. I showed up around 10:30 and there were only 9 tickets left...so got a little lucky. Good conversations with my fellow gamers while we waited. I hope all of you who want one can get one!

I went to my local wal-mart at 10:50 and they already had 24 people in line and gave out numbers. I was a little annoyed as I was told they were not giving out numbers... not that it mattered anyhow. People had been there since 6pm. I called another wal-mart about 30 minutes away way out in the boonies. They told me only 4-5 people were in line, so I took my chances and got there at 10:25. I was like the 8th person in line. They were only letting people buy one which is good. One person had been waiting since noon, f-that LOL.

I am still going to target and TRU to try and grab a few more of these in the morning. Target opens at 8 and TRU at 10. I don't care if I get any more but I'll try.

post-25078-0-44184200-1506660141_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Well, it's 3:00 AM and I'm awake and gearing up to take the bus out to the closest Target. It's a risky venture since I'm not quite over this bout of food poisoning yet, but I think this is what Western fans call "true grit". True grit is knowing that your mission may result in you s***ting your pants and still having the determination to do it anyway.

• Like 2

Made it to Target a little before 5:00 AM and there are 13 people in line ahead of me, one of which is smoking a glass bong and playing rap music on a boom box. I kid you not. :lol: Anyway, fingers crossed. With this many people ahead of me it's kind of a crap shoot whether the trip will be worthwhile. BrickSeek says they have 16 but we'll see...

Edited by Jin