IGNORED

Super Nintendo Classic Edition - SNES Mini thread

Rev

I grabbed mine at WalMart at 12:01 AM last night--that saved me from having to wake up extra early this morning. I got there around 10:15, and I expected to see hundreds of people, but I was #12 and had no problems. they had 24 of them and everyone in line got one, so that was nice. Some people even brought their kids, including an infant!! I haven't even gotten a chance to open it, yet, but I'm thrilled I got one. I hear that it is as hackable as the original (which I never managed to get a hold of), so I'm looking forward to that!

• Like 1

Ahh the arrogance of the scalper. He's deluded if they're at $200 for Christmas. If Nintendo keeps their promise to pump them out in quantities through the new year and well into the next. Sure some doofus may pay up if they can't get one a week before but $200 maybe pushing it. Right now it's just day one panic of those who couldn't play hookie or stay up late.

Maybe Osgeld can get his NES summer 2018 since they'll be back in better quantities.

Then what was the point?

Currently, it seems to be so that the 2 most vocal scalpers here can post holier-than-thou bullshit about how they, I dunno, are doing a public service somehow. Because hey man, it's only a shitty tactic if you make decent money at it.

I ended up with 4, got to TRU about 9:52 and was handed number 36 of 42. By 10:00 they were basically all accounted for. $160 already LMAO. This will be well over $200 by xmas, we all know damn well Nintendo will not release anymore before next year.

Told you so.

Yeah, keep masturbating yourself to the possibility of being correct about something utterly pointless in the long run.

(That's assuming you haven't had a little tantrum and placed me on your oh-so-special ignore list yet)

he-man-sings-disco-chef-o.gif

I put in an order at Best Buy, since I'll be fucked if I'm going to stand in the cold for a piece of plastic. Cool plastic, but plastic nonetheless.

• Like 4

Everyone near me sold out. Nintendo is a liar. Stock is not greater than last time.

I dunno man.. places had TONS.

Walmart near my house had like 25, but the Targets had OVER 60+ each(!). That's way more than the NES Classic.

Heck this is the Target I casually walked into at 8:12 or so.. there were about 3 other people, but look.. there was about 15 left still even after they finished the morning line.

post-31-0-04789000-1506724439_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Just a guess...that Nintendo is doing it much better this time around.

I'm sure they wanted some headlines right out of the gate, but I am hoping more roll in.

I've heard of Targets getting over 50 of them (not 12 like last time)...And our local WalMarts got in 24 each (I believe) as opposed to 6 like last time, and my buddy got one off the Amazon Treasure truck today so it would appear there's more out there...And I'm hoping they restock soon, even though I understand the skepticism.

As far as (most) scalpers, I've Never seen the issue, especially if you're just talking about someone doing the work to go get them and then making a little money...No big deal at all.

On the other hand if someone is using bots and snapping up pre-orders from good folks so they can build a pyramid to the retro-gods out of them in their living room and then putting Buy It Nows on Ebay with ridiculously high prices, ...Well That I consider a different matter...Those types can slide naked down a 20 foot razor blade into a pool of alcohol!

• Like 2

Target 1 this morning had 45 of them. I called Target 2 and they said they had got 70 of them. TRU had 42 of them. Walmart near me got 24, 30 minutes away that Wal-mart had 19.

The 2nd Target still had probably 15 or so when I left at 8:35. While I was inline at that Target a guy ahead of me grabbed a mini and came over and whispered in my ear "I seen you in Penfield" Which was the 1st Target I went to. People in line last night at Wal-Mart w/me was bummed they could only get 1 and was already seeking out where to get more.

Like I said a long time ago if you can't beat them join them! I'm not going to sit back and watch other people bank all the money. If you disagree that's fine but fact is if I didn't buy them to resell, someone else would have!

When Nintendo gives unlimited pre-orders and keeps their stuff stocked at all times, that is when people will not buy to resell. There was no way in hell this was not going to be under produced. Granted it was produced more than the nes one but even if people didn't buy to resell the demand would not have been met and prices would still be where they are.

I asked my buddy if he got one, he told me no. After I told him I got 4, all of the sudden he wanted one. I asked him why he didn't go get one. he told me he didn't feel like it. When people "don't feel like it" I feel no sorry for them. I didn't feel like spending 2 hrs getting one last night or getting up this morning on 5 hrs sleep and lugging my twin 4 year old boys w/me all around for half the day. I do however feel like getting paid now that I put forth the effort.

• Like 2

Some friend you are, if he changed his mind that's a fair argument. Maybe I could see you saying screw the random no name, but hosing a friend over into the same group that's low. And being up late or lugging 2 kids around so you can optionally get more stuff to overcharge for others is a choice, don't equate that to a job so you can validate it as so called 'work' to upsell it as that's just an excuse.

• Like 3

I didn't feel like spending 2 hrs getting one last night or getting up this morning on 5 hrs sleep and lugging my twin 4 year old boys w/me all around for half the day. I do however feel like getting paid now that I put forth the effort.

you had to put forth effort to potentially make,a tiny amount in the grand scheme of things, money, I am so sorry for that, do you need a hug and a backrub for all your hard work?
worlds-smallest-violin-gif-4.gif
Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 4

For what it's worth I am slightly envious of those who got a SNES Classic and kept theirs, because if I did I could be playing Star Fox right now. I guess I was just tempted by the prospect of putting a little cash in my pocket more than I was tempted by Star Fox... crikey, I feel like slapping myself just for saying that. I may have to keep the next one I come across. :P

• Like 1

Love that Mr Crabbs ani-gif that's a keeper.

Oh and I looked today the SNES Classic is topping out at $180 shipped, low end is $150 shipped. Pre-ebay fees, shipping fees, paypal fees, and cost of supplies and mailing you can get $70-100 out of it, after those expenses it's a $45-75 profit. Pretty pathetic if that's motivation enough. Happy to see them not going for $300+ like the NES scam.

Amazon is running very late tonight, waiting on their truck still to show up with my hardcover SNES book.

• Like 1

There was a 140 on ebay this morning with free shipping. But its gone now. 155 is the cheapest now. And the boxes are finally showing up too now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/snes-classic-edition-BOX-ONLY-NO-SYSTEM-/132345448294?hash=item1ed0674766:g:aTIAAOSwzilZznq~

What is idiot is going to pay 65 dollars for a box only with no system. What a ripoff.

• Like 1

All joking aside my point was not that it was extremely hard to obtain these, because it wasn't. I was simply saying I like everyone would like to just sit home on my computer and click buy, but that was not an option. Now we have people blaming scalpers and such because they did not feel like staying up late or getting up early.

Granted there may be a few people who sadly had to work a double or something, however I do not see many people who could not make a 12 midnight Wal-Mart release, an 8-9 Target release or a 10 TRU release or all the other stores in between. I think most anybody who wanted one if they put forth any half assed attempt should have been bale to get one. I did not go out of my way at all. I just drove to 3 stores today and got 1 at each store. Last night I waited at wal-mart but I left that store w/them still having 7 on hand. No wait was even required.

People had many choices, stay up late, get up early, take vacation, call in, ask a friend or relative to get one. It is not like these were out of reach. There was no need to camp out. Stores limited 1 to customer and had enough that people like me were able to drive 20 minutes between stores to get more than one and all those stores had stock when I left except TRU. However the fact people are paying DOUBLE while these still retailed in stores is what I find most ridiculous.

Blame scalpers, blame Nintendo, Blame people who pay too much. You can still get one.... next year. Does it really matter that you get an emulator full of games you most likely already own right now?

I do not see many people who could not make a 12 midnight Wal-Mart release, an 8-9 Target release or a 10 TRU release or all the other stores in between.

outside of the 12 am release most of us work, and most of us cant blow off at random in the middle of the morning for no good reason, I will grant you that this day was well known in advance and there are vacation days

I have never understood this mentality of game releases, OH ITS AVAILABLE AT 1:45 on a tuesday ... why? kids are in school, responsible adults are at work, leaving the (fill in the blank)'s

I had a roommate back in the day that would do that, and I never understood why standing in line in the middle of the day to get the collectors edition of something that was just the thing plus some shitty trinket was more important than paying the water bill, which would always result in car trouble

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 1

My coworker asked for a day off.. and stood in line at 6am so I've was giving him crap :lol: Especially in light I got 2 snes minis easily even after crawling out of bed at 7:30

Why do you keep saying next year?

Because he believes Nintendo will go back to old habits and leak a piddly amount of snes minis throughout the holiday season making them a hot commodity.

If that truly happens or not is anyone's guess of course. I can't say I care one way or the other. :)

Edited by NE146

Why do you keep saying next year?

I have read in many articles that they will continue to sell the snes mini next year as well as bring back the nes mini.

Here is one article.

"In addition to extending the availability of the console, Nintendo will also ship more units of the SNES Classic Edition on its September 29th launch day than were shipped of the NES Classic Edition all of 2016. SNES Classic shipments will then continue to arrive in stores “regularly” in the weeks and months following launch as well, so perhaps it won’t be quite as impossible to get one as it was to find a NES Classic."

http://bgr.com/2017/09/13/snes-classic-edition-preorders-release-date-2018-shipments/

Here is one Video on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yGKGspgHU4

I got done finally putting a bit more time on mine. Knocked off Starfox with an almost perfect run up the center. 100% clear except in the last part of the last stage where it dropped me to 99%. Redid another start with SMW and did all of World 1 and then run on Starfox this time Fox+Falco (instead of Miyu) and came away with a right in the middle C rank with a nicer score and no damage on Corneria this time. Rolled over to SF2 Turbo and surprised myself opening up with a couple of perfects of Dhalsim, had a few close calls, few more perfects, eventually screwed up a round on the last regular Zangief (since when does he do 3 spinning piledrivers in a round, let alone 2 in a row?!) and sadly got wasted by Bison at the end and he seems far harder there than on the original SF2 cart I have. Then finally decided to try Kirby and cleared spring breeze and did the 2 mini games a little.

I'm really digging this one more than the NES, better variety and more compelling stuff, but not so much of it is quite pick up and fast play as the arcade feeling pile on the NES system so it's a nice compliment. I kind of want to start an RPG on there but at a loss which to go with and not with FF3 (or as a stretch SOM) but thinking probably SMRPG as it has been a very very long time and not so long with Earthbound as I played that when I recovered a copy of it around 7 years ago now.

Shame they still won't stuff the manuals on the system, but they did post those beautiful PDFs today including the big earthbound nintendo players guide manual too and a custom made one with some cool art for star fox 2 too.

Super Nintendo Entertainment System™ Super NES Classic Edition Manuals | Nintendo

• Like 4