IGNORED

Super Nintendo Classic Edition - SNES Mini thread

Rev

SFA2 was decompressed. It was hosted all over the place a good decade ago but you can't find it really anymore. Maybe a year ago I took another stab at locating it and somehow on some no name weird site I was glad wasn't a virus dumpster had it. The file is SFA2_gfx2.zip and I found a a year and a half ago now looking at the date on the zip and the dump was made back on 11/10/2001 (sdd1gfx.dat and sdd1gfx.idx.) I could stuff it up somewhere if it's wanted.

SFA2 was decompressed. It was hosted all over the place a good decade ago but you can't find it really anymore. Maybe a year ago I took another stab at locating it and somehow on some no name weird site I was glad wasn't a virus dumpster had it. The file is SFA2_gfx2.zip and I found a a year and a half ago now looking at the date on the zip and the dump was made back on 11/10/2001 (sdd1gfx.dat and sdd1gfx.idx.) I could stuff it up somewhere if it's wanted.

This guy saved you the trouble : http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=6712.msg52198#msg52198

Dang, I just thought of a strategy I could use. Does anyone know what the cases they are shipped in look like?

I have a friend that drives for FedEx, and does all the stops at a local strip mall with a Gamestop. Just have to ask him if he has them on the truck in the morning.

Can't believe I didn't think of this before!

Dang, I just thought of a strategy I could use. Does anyone know what the cases they are shipped in look like?

I have a friend that drives for FedEx, and does all the stops at a local strip mall with a Gamestop. Just have to ask him if he has them on the truck in the morning.

Can't believe I didn't think of this before!

SNES Classic Edition Original Bulk Shipping Box

https://columbia.craigslist.org/ele/d/snes-classic-edition-original/6325725983.html

Yeah.. everyone's opinion will vary, but as far as SD2SNES incompatibilities there's really only 10 or so "must haves" for myself.. i.e.:

Tetris 2+ Bombliss

Could you explain exactly why this cart is incompatible? As far as I'm aware, it's an ordinary Super Famicom cart without enhancement chips.

Unfortunately both of those have the big orange sticker saying "do not sell before 9/29". The eBay auction has a better view, but probably not good enough to show my friend.

And wow, who the hell wants an empty box from that?

Some people are just collectards who will buy anything. Never thought I'd have to use that term on a collecting forum. :roll:

In other news, for some of us actively enjoying our classic mini consoles, earlier tonight I found the hard to reach top secret item box in Peach's castle in SMRPG, that I somehow missed on my first playthrough on SNES [RIP my old battery save].

What secrets lie inside Peach's chest, and why is it so hard to reach? (Okay that double entendre was lame I'll admit)

post-33189-0-98464000-1507688472_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Wouldn't it have been awesome if the SFII reissue had used the deflated ROM for Alpha instead of the lame-o cut-n-paste hyper fighting for the limited release? ROM space is cheap so they could have pulled it off.

I like & enjoy my SNES classic, it's neat and I'm really thankful I got my hands on one.

But that said, I can't recommend the Wii Virtual Console strongly enough to those who didn't get one / can't wait. Especially after playing the SNES classic some; I find the Wii VC experience to be superior in many ways.

Most SNES games are $8, and you can get Chrono Trigger, Wild Guns, Final Fight 3, and many others that are both a) a million $ in cartridge form currently and b) not on the SNES classic. The Wii VC games have Save State function, work with a huge variety of controllers (including arcade joysticks that came out for the Wii, as well as some Pro controllers), and IMO look great even without HDMI. Not to mention the other games you can get on the VC for other systems (I play a lot of Devil Crush (Dragon's Fury), Lords of Thunder, Streets of Rage 2/3, Gunstar Heroes, R-Type, Mario Tennis, Sin and Punishment...many others). Just throwing it out there as I think the Wii / VC is not talked about enough as a great retrogaming setup.

I like & enjoy my SNES classic, it's neat and I'm really thankful I got my hands on one.

But that said, I can't recommend the Wii Virtual Console strongly enough to those who didn't get one / can't wait. Especially after playing the SNES classic some; I find the Wii VC experience to be superior in many ways.

Most SNES games are $8, and you can get Chrono Trigger, Wild Guns, Final Fight 3, and many others that are both a) a million $ in cartridge form currently and b) not on the SNES classic. The Wii VC games have Save State function, work with a huge variety of controllers (including arcade joysticks that came out for the Wii, as well as some Pro controllers), and IMO look great even without HDMI. Not to mention the other games you can get on the VC for other systems (I play a lot of Devil Crush (Dragon's Fury), Lords of Thunder, Streets of Rage 2/3, Gunstar Heroes, R-Type, Mario Tennis, Sin and Punishment...many others). Just throwing it out there as I think the Wii / VC is not talked about enough as a great retrogaming setup.

Okay, but there's just one slight problem... :)

Wouldn't it have been awesome if the SFII reissue had used the deflated ROM for Alpha instead of the lame-o cut-n-paste hyper fighting for the limited release? ROM space is cheap so they could have pulled it off.

If you are talking about this : https://store.iam8bit.com/products/street-fighter-ii-30th-anniversary-edition, it is World Warrior so you don't even get Hyper fighting.

Because they are out of stock everywhere. :sad:

Looks like places are getting stock this week. Be vigilant if you want one. :)

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/snes-classic-edition-back-in-stock-at-gamestop-and/1100-6453942/

Could you explain exactly why this cart is incompatible? As far as I'm aware, it's an ordinary Super Famicom cart without enhancement chips.

Yeah.. my bad. It just happened to be there on the incompatibility list, and I threw it in there after a quick review of it. Turns out it's the planned Sufami Turbo portion of it that's (obviously) incompatible. It was released as a normal cart and is playable, but I can't edit old posts. :P

• Like 1