IGNORED

RCL 139 Error

gargoyle

I have some personal disks from way back in Spartados 1.1 format and i wanted to try Respeqt (normally use Aspeqt). When i tried to load RCL.COM (client software for the Atari), it stops with error 139 and does not load. I've also tried ASPECL.COM (from atari8warez) and this one loads and displays something like: "only spartdos 2.x and above supported". So i can't use the client with older spartados but I don't know what the issue is with RCL.COM.

https://youtu.be/qxpcLCKfoLk

Edited by gargoyle

Did RespeQt log anything meaningful in the log window? I suspect rcl doesn't work on Spartados 1.1 either, but isn't displaying a convenient error message for whatever reason. I think the 139 is probably coming from RCL itself rather than DOS, so it's running, it's just not working.

.byte 'SpartaDOS v.2.5 or higher required!',155,0

I'll ping FJC, but keep in mind RCL is in beta, so these kind of issues are to be expected.

The other possibility is that something is wrong with folder images, if you're using them. Are you trying RCL from an ATR or a folder image? If it's from a folder image, can you try copying to an ATR and then try?

Edited by Joey Z

I didn't check Respeqt log, but I am loading the client from an .ATR formatted in Spartados disk format, not from a folder image

EDIT: Tested again, and this is what i get from the log window (Seems like it's looking for a strange sector number on a 90K .atr)

Serial port speed set to 19200.
[Disk 2] Speed poll.
Serial port speed set to 57600.
[Disk 2] Read sector 1 (128 bytes).
[Disk 2] Read sector 5 (128 bytes).
[Disk 2] Read sector 6 (128 bytes).
[Disk 2] Read sector 51 (128 bytes).
[Disk 2] Read sector 52 (128 bytes).
[Disk 2] Read sector 53 (128 bytes).
[Disk 2] Read sector 54 (128 bytes).
[Disk 2] Read sector 1712 NAKed. [x52]
Edited by gargoyle

I didn't check Respeqt log, but I am loading the client from an .ATR formatted in Spartados disk format, not from a folder image

EDIT: Tested again, and this is what i get from the log window (Seems like it's looking for a strange sector number on a 90K .atr)

Serial port speed set to 19200.
[Disk 2] Speed poll.
Serial port speed set to 57600.
[Disk 2] Read sector 1 (128 bytes).
[Disk 2] Read sector 5 (128 bytes).
[Disk 2] Read sector 6 (128 bytes).
[Disk 2] Read sector 51 (128 bytes).
[Disk 2] Read sector 52 (128 bytes).
[Disk 2] Read sector 53 (128 bytes).
[Disk 2] Read sector 54 (128 bytes).
[Disk 2] Read sector 1712 NAKed. [x52]

that is indeed strange, so it's (so far) not an issue with RCL.

Edited by Joey Z

A relocatable version for SDX would take about twenty minutes to produce, although it seems unnecessary. One may simply change the origin to $4000 if the objective is to use the tool with peculiar configurations where MEMLO is high enough to prevent most applications from running (the lowest safe recommended load address being $2000).

• Like 2

A relocatable version for SDX would take about twenty minutes to produce, although it seems unnecessary. One may simply change the origin to $4000 if the objective is to use the tool with peculiar configurations where MEMLO is high enough to prevent most applications from running (the lowest safe recommended load address being $2000).

To change the origin, which assembler should one use?