IGNORED

Program Recorder suddenly not working

digdugnate

I feel your pain brother! I think we've all been there and I can empathize with the frustration of having something that was just working suddenly not work.

At least the cable is pretty easy to find and isn't gonna cost you an arm and a leg...I'd try replacing it first, as far as the datasette, any cassette deck with a remote jack will work, or the PC Audio trick is an alternative.

Did you just say that you also hooked up a PEB?? Has it got a floppy in it? If so, PM me and I'll fire you off a couple disks filled with ToD games. They're DS, but you can just flip 'em over to access side two. Sure makes it faster to load them (and save) too!

• Like 1

If you do not get audio without the interface cable plugged in, that leads me to believe the cable is not the problem.

It seems intermittent- sometimes it works now, sometimes it doesn't. I agree with you there. :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me puzzle through this- I really appreciate the community here for sure. Certainly patient, too, given the amount I post goofy stuff lol

I feel your pain brother! I think we've all been there and I can empathize with the frustration of having something that was just working suddenly not work.

At least the cable is pretty easy to find and isn't gonna cost you an arm and a leg...I'd try replacing it first, as far as the datasette, any cassette deck with a remote jack will work, or the PC Audio trick is an alternative.

Did you just say that you also hooked up a PEB?? Has it got a floppy in it? If so, PM me and I'll fire you off a couple disks filled with ToD games. They're DS, but you can just flip 'em over to access side two. Sure makes it faster to load them (and save) too!

PM sent! though weirdly it freaking sent it like three times, lol.

It seems intermittent- sometimes it works now, sometimes it doesn't. I agree with you there. :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me puzzle through this- I really appreciate the community here for sure. Certainly patient, too, given the amount I post goofy stuff lol

Sure bud!

It sounds mechanical. Do me a favor... take the tape out and press play. Check that the read/write heads engage all the way up. Press stop, rinse and repeat. Make sure the heads always raise the same distance each time.

• Like 1

Is that tape playback site still working correctly? I don't hear any playback sounds on my laptop, either speaker or headphones. I have not tried it on a TI yet, was just curious to hear it.

Should be. I remember it was a bit buggy when I was doing my transfers... would just not play audio every once in a while. Play around with it, see if refreshing the browser window helps.