IGNORED

Name that Game

Opry99er

didugnate, I finally got to play a working copy of it when I got my FR99, and it was one of the first games I moved over to the FG99. I had several disc based copies (with Star Wars music replacing the original theme), but they would all lock up before I ever got to a "planet"

Not 100% smooth scrolling in the space-battle sequences, but still a very capable clone of the game you posted a picture of. In fact I checked out the "Compare" you tube video, and while it isn't included, it certainly holds it's own among the other same-era ports that came out.

Just sad it never had a wider distribution when it was originally released (I had never even heard of it until I got back into the TI 3 years ago). Someday I hope to have one of the few original carts in existence (but that might just be dreaming in technicolor).

-----

mizapf, have no idea on that one (that hasn't happened often since this thread started!) but looks like a fun game...waiting to find out what it is is with great antici...

...pation.

Edited by PeBo
  • Like 1

Just a hint: The ships are going left/right, firing at the base. When your base fires, the shield is inactive, and the shots destroy you. Also, these blue crystalline structures start to buildm so you better shoot them. The white cell is the seed. When they reach your base, it destroys the base.

It's from 1992 and was written by Timothy C Bodenmiller, It's written in XB , and disc distributed. (it was Published by "RamCharged Software" if that means anything to anyone)

Ron Markus, RAMCharged Computers, sold various software and hardware (including the ProStick). He attended the Lima,OH TI Faires in the 90s, along with other venues.

• Like 1

Arcturus

Which brings up a question... WHY has Arcturus not been made into .BIN image for the FlashROM or FinalGROM yet? :-o Or did I miss it in one of the compilation files on WHTECH?

***EDIT *** Well that is embarrassing, I did overlook it! :dunce:

Edited by --- Ω ---
  • Like 1

Sparkdrummer, it took me most of the day to figure out your comment, but I had an epiphany a few minutes ago while doing something completely unrelated. Anyway, must have looked like an idiot suddenly smiling for no reason.

I was going to suggest that digdugnate will likely never get this one, as he tends not to repeat himself.