IGNORED

Name that Game

Opry99er

ASTROMANIA by Moonbeam Software

Joe Macchiarulo and Moonbeam software really did release some amazing XB games.

I'd venture to say they're the best arcade-style games released on cassette for the TI.

Anyway, please continue the thread Mr Drummer...

• 2 weeks later...

OK, well how about the TI version of one of the greatest 8-bit era games ever released... also one of the most difficult to complete a level in the allotted time (and a must-have in any collection).

This one should be easy (but only the TI version name will be accepted)

post-40994-0-33614100-1503778137.jpg

The Mini Memory version of the game was indeed titled Boulder Dash, and released by the Legio Computer Centre in Holland. I mentioned that the game would probably sell very well in North America while talking to Eric at a TI Treff and put him in contact with Asgard. LCC had the Mini Memory rights, so the US version had to be modified to run through XB/EA for the US, and Asgard wanted it renamed to avoid copyright issues.

• Like 2

Ok here's one I haven't played before myself

Now that TurboForth is so easily accessible thanks to the FR99 and FG99 cards, if you have access to a disc drive (or modern alternative), you really should grab this one and give it a try.

It's easily one of the best puzzle games for the TI (or for any system really).

also VERY cool to have speech that doesn't pause gameplay!

Edited by PeBo

Good ol' Sierra On-Line! I remember when they (along with Epyx and Broderbund) distributed most of my favourite games.

I suck at Crossfire though.

Crossfire is kinda rough with the line shooting mechanic.

Epyx and Broderbund had SO MANY awesome games on the C64- Epyx if I remember correctly did C64's version of Shamus, Zaxxon, Blue Max, etc etc etc. Broderbund had the inimitable Lode Runner (that my dad and i spent many hours playing)

The Mini Memory version of the game was indeed titled Boulder Dash, and released by the Legio Computer Centre in Holland. I mentioned that the game would probably sell very well in North America while talking to Eric at a TI Treff and put him in contact with Asgard. LCC had the Mini Memory rights, so the US version had to be modified to run through XB/EA for the US, and Asgard wanted it renamed to avoid copyright issues.

I always wondered if something similar happened with Jumpman Jr (a more graphically accurate clone than Junkman Jr.)

Always assumed copyright issues played a part there too.