IGNORED

VIC-20 Multicart?

There are a couple. A pretty popular one on here is the Behr-Bonz cart. It has 127 games on it. I paid $46 shipped from the creator. You will need an empty shell to put it in. You also have the option of a floppy drive emulator. They are around $65 and they let you put floppy images on a sd card and run them on your Vic. I got mine over the pond in the UK from the tfw8b.com. They also have the penultimate cart which is a multicast with memory expansion built in. I suggest taking a look at their site. Welcome to the Vic family!

Edited by bpatte02

Those 3 are great, and you also have the Ultimate Expansion Cart, which is a memory expansion, multicart and floppy drive all al the same time. SkiDivingGirl just made a couple of batches of this one, I believe she might make another one, see here: http://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=63134

Corei64 makes 3D printed cases for this cart, they are awesome.

One of those carts is in a thread right here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/264415-another-run-of-vic-20-final-expansion-possible/

You should check out Lemon 64 too:

http://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62339&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

A chap named Mongooseman has some very interesting ideas for a VIC 20 and C-64 cartridge. Look towards the end of that thread.

There are a couple. A pretty popular one on here is the Behr-Bonz cart. It has 127 games on it. I paid $46 shipped from the creator. You will need an empty shell to put it in. You also have the option of a floppy drive emulator. They are around $65 and they let you put floppy images on a sd card and run them on your Vic. I got mine over the pond in the UK from the tfw8b.com. They also have the penultimate cart which is a multicast with memory expansion built in. I suggest taking a look at their site. Welcome to the Vic family!

I have both of these. I HIGHLY recommend the Behr-Bonz cart if you are just looking for quick fun. It is every game on cart that you would want to play. Make sure to specify your region (NTSC or PAL) when ordering. The Penultimate is great too, but does not have as many games (and some are in PAL and not playable on NTSC machines unfortunately) but what it does have with the small selection of games is the additional RAM (up to 35k) to use SD2IEC and play stuff like Vic Doom and use a more ram intensive FB browser for navigating and playing disk images. Also highly recommended!

Hello Everyone!

I just got a Vic-20. I only have one game and all the games that I am after seem to never show up online for good prices. Is there a multicart or flash cart that I could buy? I have seen them before, but as of now, they are all sold out or they are not for sale anymore. :?

What games are you looking for? I still have a ton of doubles and am known for offering good deals :)

Have you tried said games in emulation? Atarisoft Pac-Man is kind of OK but nothing spectacular (I prefer the partly unlicensed Jelly Monsters). Donkey Kong is not one of the strongest games on the VIC-20. Q*Bert is positively ugly. If you want arcade ports for any other reason than you collect these series for all kinds of formats, I honestly think you're better off playing them on another format and focus on some of the lesser famous titles that are better fits to the VIC-20 capacity.

Have you tried said games in emulation? Atarisoft Pac-Man is kind of OK but nothing spectacular (I prefer the partly unlicensed Jelly Monsters). Donkey Kong is not one of the strongest games on the VIC-20. Q*Bert is positively ugly. If you want arcade ports for any other reason than you collect these series for all kinds of formats, I honestly think you're better off playing them on another format and focus on some of the lesser famous titles that are better fits to the VIC-20 capacity.

I have tried these games in emulation. I know they are all not that good, but that's the whole point of using your imagination. Plus, at this time, the VIC-20 is the only commodore computer I can get my hands on. I just haven't been able to come across a C64 for a good price. I want to be able to have a use for it. Thus, I am trying to get all my favorite games. The VIC-20 is unlike any other computer I've seen from the early 80s.

Those were just a few games that I wanted first.

Edited by Atari PAC-MAN Fan

• 2 weeks later...