IGNORED

Your favorite video game music from atari 2600 to N64

What is YOUR favorite video game music from Atari 2600 to N64 ?

I loved the battletoads pause drum beat

do do do clap clap clap! do do do

the dungeon music from the original legend of Zelda

the music of the Tourian area from nes Metroid

anything from the nes mega man games, especially elecman (journey)from mega man 1 and woodman from mega man 2

anything from Super Metroid

anything from Mega Man X

The first dungeon in soulblazer, aka the sienfeld slap beat

• Like 1

Metal Squad - Lightening Force - Sega Genesis

Lightning Strikes Again - Lightening Force - Sega Genesis

Title Screen Opening - Gemfire - Super Nintendo

Intro - Streets of Rage 2 - Genesis

Dreamer - Streets of Rage 2 - Genesis

Too Deep - Streets of Rage 2 - Genesis

Wave 131 - Streets of Rage 2 - Genesis

Back to the Industry - Streets of Rage 2 - Genesis

Ending - Streets of Rage 2 - Genesis

Wilderness - Golden Axe - Genesis

Satukora, Sassa! - Golden Axe - Genesis

Vampire Killer - Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - PC Engine Super CD Rom

And maybe I'll list more later, because there are several still from the Castlevania series, and I haven't even gotten to Final Fantasy 6, 7, or Chrono Trigger. Then there's Soulstar....

Too many to name!!! :love:

Not that thrilled about the game really,but the first level music from Tiger Heli on NES reminds me a bit of Iron Maiden. That riff is something I can imagine them doing. Really love it.

I play alot of video game music on my radio show btw. I am the first DJ on the FM airwaves to play VCS sounds!!! :D

I think Metroid on NES is my all-time favorite video game soundtrack though . The main title theme from Double Dragon arcade is also a big fave of mine, and I love the heavy metal cover by The NESkimos...

• Like 1

Too many to name!!! :love:

Not that thrilled about the game really,but the first level music from Tiger Heli on NES reminds me a bit of Iron Maiden. That riff is something I can imagine them doing. Really love it.

I play alot of video game music on my radio show btw. I am the first DJ on the FM airwaves to play VCS sounds!!! :D

FM, nice. How can I tune in when up in SF?

Oooh, so many. Top of head says:

Journey to Silius (NES)

Rolling Thunder 2 (Genesis)

Phantasy Star III (Genesis -- it is tragic and awful sounding on the AtGames versions)

Rad Racer (NES)

Mario 64, especially Cool Cool Slide (N64)

Tempest 2000 (Jaguar)

Zelda Ocarina of Time (N64)

Wipeout XL (Playstation)

ToeJam and Earl (Genesis)

Super Mario World (SNES)

FM, nice. How can I tune in when up in SF?

I'm on the FM in Santa Cruz actually on Free Radio SC 101.3FM :D So if you're driving through that area on a Sunday afternoon you'll be able to hear my show on your car radio. Yea I play alot of NES music and from other consoles as well. Sometimes even play games on the air to add more extra sounds to the mix.

I was on the FM before also in SF and in Ontario,Canada,but now in Santa Cruz. You can also tune in online via the station site or use this streaming player... http://freeradiosc.radio.net/

Anyways I also love the music from Castlevania 2 on the NES. Again not too thrilled about the game lol,but the soundtrack to that really kicks ass.

Imo the NES really raised the bar as far as gaming music goes for home consoles then.

Funny I also think the more terrible the NES game is,the more likely the soundtrack will be good. Like Cheetahmen from Action 52 on NES. The game isn't that great,but the music is awesome...

• Like 1

I always loved this song as a kid. I actually wrote lyrics to it... I only remember one line now and its really bad. I read inthe youtube comments it reminds a few people of penny lane and I think that's sorta accurate... Even if you disagree you got to admit its a catchy melody.

My current "favorite" track goes to You Goddamned Bathead! from Akumajō Dracula on the X68000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBivx9iZY1A

The youtube link is to the stock FM version, then in my opinion the GS version is 2nd and the LA version is the worst-sounding to me - they're all alright though. I'm a sucker for a ton of the old japanese PCs, and a ton of them have good music on their games.

And for other mentions:

-The credits, and the Captain Mozzarella tracks from Splatterhouse - I think for Cap the Arcade/FM Towns version is referred to as the Requiem, while the TG16/PCE is referred to as the Ballad.

-Pretty much anything done by Ryu Umemoto

-The entire soundtrack to Ragnarøkkr, we threw this together in Band class and it was a lot of fun to play Oboe on our sheetmusic-ed version.

-The DOOM soundtrack. The PC one is classic, the 3DO one is just cool, and the 32X is silly little musical farts.

-The Tempest 2000 soundtrack. First soundtrack I owned on a disc, and still one of my favorites.

There's probably a lot more, but I don't want to dig through my memory all too much.

Edit - changed up a little bit of wording

Edited by BurritoBeans

One of the best tunes in any Nintendo game imo.

I love this track, though I think the Saturn version is a bit better. Sadly I can't find any good uploads of that one; they all seem to have too much twang and vibrato on the instruments but maybe I'm just mis-remembering how it sounded.

I'm on the FM in Santa Cruz actually on Free Radio SC 101.3FM :D So if you're driving through that area on a Sunday afternoon you'll be able to hear my show on your car radio. Yea I play alot of NES music and from other consoles as well. Sometimes even play games on the air to add more extra sounds to the mix.

I was on the FM before also in SF and in Ontario,Canada,but now in Santa Cruz. You can also tune in online via the station site or use this streaming player... http://freeradiosc.radio.net/

That's awesome. Thanks for the reply. I will check it out as I'm in SC from time to time.

• Like 1

That's awesome. Thanks for the reply. I will check it out as I'm in SC from time to time.

Right on :) I'm airing a rerun today but should be back for a new one next week.

Btw my David Crane interview was mentioned in Santa Cruz local news...

http://santacruzupdate.com/2015/09/30/beastie-boys-drummer-and-pitfall-game-programmer-to-guest-on-lava-lamps-8-track-theatre/

:love:

Anyways I also love the main theme for Gauntlet 2 arcade. Used it alot for station ID's lol.

• Like 1

My favorite game soundtrack of all time is unquestionably Batman for Genesis. I'm kind of surprised I rarely ever see it get mentioned in threads like this, but it probably has something to do with the fact that it's kind of a mediocre game if nostalgia is removed from the equation.

Honorable mentions:

Golden Axe - Arcade/Genesis

Altered Beast - Arcade/Gensis

Mega Man 2 - NES

SMB2 - NES

Super Mario Land - Game Boy

Right on :) I'm airing a rerun today but should be back for a new one next week.

Btw my David Crane interview was mentioned in Santa Cruz local news...

http://santacruzupdate.com/2015/09/30/beastie-boys-drummer-and-pitfall-game-programmer-to-guest-on-lava-lamps-8-track-theatre/

:love:

Anyways I also love the main theme for Gauntlet 2 arcade. Used it alot for station ID's lol.

I told my buddy about this. He'll tune in. Fun times.

• Like 1

My favorite game soundtrack of all time is unquestionably Batman for Genesis. I'm kind of surprised I rarely ever see it get mentioned in threads like this, but it probably has something to do with the fact that it's kind of a mediocre game if nostalgia is removed from the equation.

Honorable mentions:

Golden Axe - Arcade/Genesis

Altered Beast - Arcade/Gensis

Mega Man 2 - NES

SMB2 - NES

Can't go wrong with any of these honorable mentions