IGNORED

What is your least favorite non atari game?

Intellivision Donkey Kong by Coleco was a poor conversion but the Intellivision cartridge that bothers me most is "Sharp Shot". The Intellivision was suppose to be about games with depth. The games in Sharp Shot were meant for a TV call in show, played over the telephone with voice activation. They were not meant to be sold to the public. Second would be Astrosmash.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_Powww

• Like 1

Today I will say the remake of Defender for the PS2. It takes everything about the original classic and shits on it.

The original had colorful graphics. The remake just has everything be brown.

The original was incredibly fast paced. The remake has no sense of speed whatsoever.

The original has incredibly tense gameplay with enemies out for your blood. The remake is about as exciting as a drive through a featureless desert with only the occasional object to rarely break up the tedium. (The enemies can't even hit you)

So, yeah, the remake is awful. It adds nothing and only manages to be insulting. One of the worst games I've ever played. Even Ravenloft Iron & Blood was head and shoulders above it.

This is a tough choice for me, since I've played a pretty fair amount of terrible games on a wide variety of systems over the years, but if I had to pick just one it would have to be a game that actually isn't generally considered terrible at all: Super Mario World for the Super Nintendo. I know this game is widely regarded as one of, if not the, greatest 2D platformer of all time and I think that's part of why I despise it so much. I've never been particularly good at 2D platformers that require intense amounts of precision so every time I've ever played Super Mario World it just felt like a floaty impossible to control mess that was way more frustrating than it ever was fun. No game has ever made me want to snap my controller in half quite like this one.

My second and third place picks would go to Ninja Gaiden on the NES and Revenge of Shinobi on the Sega Genesis, with honorable mentions to every Mega Man game ever. Noticing a trend here? I freakin' hate precision platformers, no matter how good anyone says they're supposed to be. :razz:

• Like 1

Hmmm, is there any way to downvote Jin's post? You've lost your damn mind!! "Floaty impossible to control mess"... are you playing with your feet?

For some reason I'm drawing a blank on really crappy games - I try to find the good in even the worst turds - but the first thing that comes to mind is [PROTOTYPE] on PS3. I remember being frustrated through the entire game and just hating it. It really was a sloppy mess to control, besides the fact that words were misspelled in some menus ("maxmimum") which pisses me off since the developers speak English. Screw that game.

This is a tough choice for me, since I've played a pretty fair amount of terrible games on a wide variety of systems over the years, but if I had to pick just one it would have to be a game that actually isn't generally considered terrible at all: Super Mario World for the Super Nintendo. I know this game is widely regarded as one of, if not the, greatest 2D platformer of all time and I think that's part of why I despise it so much. I've never been particularly good at 2D platformers that require intense amounts of precision so every time I've ever played Super Mario World it just felt like a floaty impossible to control mess that was way more frustrating than it ever was fun. No game has ever made me want to snap my controller in half quite like this one.

My second and third place picks would go to Ninja Gaiden on the NES and Revenge of Shinobi on the Sega Genesis, with honorable mentions to every Mega Man game ever. Noticing a trend here? I freakin' hate precision platformers, no matter how good anyone says they're supposed to be. :razz:

This is a tough choice for me, since I've played a pretty fair amount of terrible games on a wide variety of systems over the years, but if I had to pick just one it would have to be a game that actually isn't generally considered terrible at all: Super Mario World for the Super Nintendo. I know this game is widely regarded as one of, if not the, greatest 2D platformer of all time

According to Game Over, SMW was more of the same like SM3, and customers felt ripped off, so I can understand that..

Edited by high voltage

According to Game Over, SMW was more of the same like SM3, and customers felt ripped off, so I can understand that..

Except do you know what Game Over's source is for that assertion? The head of Sega of America's marketing department. That's literally his source on that assertion. It's based on Sega doing a very limited testing of late beta of Sonic 1 vs SMW using a Super Famicom they picked up from Japan and then carefully selected what levels to compare. This ignores the fact that Sega's own marketing department was eventually proven wrong as sales of SMW vs Sonic 1 and 2 prove.

Edited by empsolo

Oh rub it in why dontcha! :lol:

I hope no one felt offended by the fact that I dislike Super Mario World, Ninja Gaiden, Mega Man, and all those other tough platformers. I know most people really like those games so I accept that they're good games, I just don't like them because I'm terrible at them and they frustrate me. I do like all the 2D Sonic games on the Genesis and the two Super Mario Land games on the Game Boy though, so I'm not completely adverse to platformers. :)