IGNORED

Falcon and TT owners needed for testing

Hey People,

Yesterday evening I was doing a harddisk adaption of "Indiana Jones - And The Last Crusade", the point and click adventure game.

I've been doing some testing on an emulator, emulating different atari systems (1040STfm with TOS 1.04, Ste 8Mhz with 4MB ram and tos 2.06, Mega Ste @ 16Mhz with 4MB ram and TOS 2.06) and they were all working.

In fact, on the Mega Ste @ 16Mhz the loading time and scrolling was a little faster!

I also tried running it on an emulated Falcon030 and an AtariTT and alll seem to be working.

Now I was wondering, are there any TT and Falcon owners that are willing to try this game from harddisk on real hardware?

Technically the copy protection is still there.

Copy protection comes in the form of before actually starting the game, you have to enter a code from the translation table book that was delivered with the original game.

If you fail to give the correct code, the game will run in "DEMO-MODE" which means you can not save or load.

See the little youtube video of an impression how it works:

Sure... I'd be game. My Falcons are a bit disassembled at the moment (one was dead the other flakey, so I'm trying to get one working now and fix the other later). But I also have a TT030 up and running on the same desk as my main, so I can try with that for now.

Just let me know what I need to do.

Sure... I'd be game. My Falcons are a bit disassembled at the moment (one was dead the other flakey, so I'm trying to get one working now and fix the other later). But I also have a TT030 up and running on the same desk as my main, so I can try with that for now.

Just let me know what I need to do.

PM send

I can do testing on Falcon.

Some notes: people doing hard disk adaptation removes such "copy protections" - called usually manual protection.

If possible, please don't use term "HAGA" - because it is my hard disk gaming system name, established in begin of year 2012 - to avoid confusion.

http://atari.8bitchip.info/fromhd.php - there is even guide for people interested in doing it: http://atari.8bitchip.info/hagaguide.php

I can do testing on Falcon.

Some notes: people doing hard disk adaptation removes such "copy protections" - called usually manual protection.

If possible, please don't use term "HAGA" - because it is my hard disk gaming system name, established in begin of year 2012 - to avoid confusion.

http://atari.8bitchip.info/fromhd.php - there is even guide for people interested in doing it: http://atari.8bitchip.info/hagaguide.php

Ok so I'll remove the HAGA, but still this game is running from harddisk ;)

So I ended up getting home a bit later and had a few things to do once I got here....... So didn't get around to any videos (though it's not really any more impressive than the one we already have) ;)

At any rate, I tested it on my TT030 with CaTTamaran card. I also have a Cyrel Sunrise but unless I disabled that, the game would run, but give two bombs when you got to the part where you'd enter in the code (Indy's notebook).

So on ST Low, it seemed to run fine from the C Drive. When I tried TT low, it loaded, but ran in monochrome.

I also tried running it from the E partition (after deleting it off my C partition) and it worked just fine there as well.

I obviously didn't play all the way to the end, so I can't vouch for 100% of the game, but it looks very promising. Great work!

If there is anything specific anyone wants me to test, I'd be happy to do so.