IGNORED

What's in a Name?

The PeB part of PeBo is simply the initials of my real name...the "o" at the end was added in the 80's so that my BBS nick wouldn't sound like the Peripheral Expansion Box (a concern only a 4A person would have had back then). "o" Is also the second letter in my last name, so it worked.

In the late 90's I worked in marketing for Finnish software developer MadOnion.com (aka Futuremark Corporation) and since I needed an online persona for the gig, I resurrected "PeBo" and it has stuck ever since.

The only exception is on Google sites...I wanted something different for GMail (before Google took over a gazillion online services), so while my Cylon avatar remains the same across most sites, on YouTube or any other Google service, My Nick is "Shitabarnak" (or simply S Tabarnak - since Google likes to create a first and last name). No story behind that - it's just a uniquely Québécois portmanteau-blending of common English and French profanities that somehow made it past the Google thought-police)

• Like 1

Ω is for the last online username I ever plan to use.

I was also the last TI holdout in my local area back in the day.

It will also be my last resting place. I have a spare P-Box waiting to hold my ashes when the time comes.

Why by a special box when the P-Box is built like a tank?

• Like 3

@arcadeshopper: That is awesome! I started going down that road for a while, I think I peaked at 20 games or so. But I found that I like fixing games more than playing them, so I sold them. It takes a lot of room to have that kind of hobby, something that is in short supply in SoCal.

• Like 1

gallery_34177_1100_350.jpg

This is a Carl Goldberg models "Senior Falcon" radio controlled model airplane. I had one of these in the early '70s. It was my favorite plane from that time of my life. You might say it is my "Rosebud". (For those of you who know the movie "Citizen Kane") I even liked vintage stuff back then. My control system was a Controlaire 10 channel reed outfit which used toggle switches to move the control surfaces. By then virtually everyone was using a proportional system. One time I was really wringing the plane out. My dad was watching and overheard a fellow say, "Boy he sure knows how to fly that plane", to which his buddy said, "yeah, and he's using a reed outfit to do it." The guy went over to where I was flying, took a look and came back shaking his head. He said "My gosh, I can't even do that well with my proportional outfit!"

• Like 3

Any idea what artist that is? Reminds me of Bill Plympton

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I had removed that page from a magazine long, long ago. I used that name to play online games in the late 90s so it must be at least that old. I should have the original somewhere, though I'll need to let my subconscious filing system work it out...

Edit: Kevin Pope ;)

Edited by InsaneMultitasker
  • Like 1

hi

if you come to Germany you must visit the Drums Museum in Ludwigsburg near Stuttgart

This is supervised by a good Friend, it is the only one Drums Museum in Germany !

There were already great drummers here (Carl Palmer, Carmin Appice, Ian Paice,Terry Bozzio, Chad Smith, Nicko McBrain and many more !)

Here is a drum set that once played legendary Led Zeppelin Drummer John Bonham, he gave it to Keith Moon :)

Ian Paice of Deep Purple is the Patron from this Drum Museum, I've already met him there

here the Side on Facebook

https://de-de.facebook.com/Schlagzeugmuseum/

467386_416441551725597_697679423_o.jpg?o

we wait for Ringo Starr and his Son Zak (The WHO) and the great Charlie Watts :-D

Edited by Flottmann1
  • Like 3