IGNORED

What's in a Name?

mizapf = MIchael ZAPF is pretty straightforward and not really creative, I suppose.

It was back when I created my first web site outside of the university domain, and so I had to choose a suitable name. I first thought about "mzapf", but this was already in use, if I remember correctly, so I added another letter. Later, I found this choice quite good, because it looks more like a pronouncable* word and less like an abbreviation, and I decided to use it consistently on the Web.

(*although I guess only people with basic German skills will pronounce it in the same way as I do)

• Like 1

x24b was a second generation NASA X-Plane lifting-body type aircraft. The body shape is the wing. I'm a lifelong airplane nut. Here is a sampling of some of my old radio controlled airplanes... Das UGLYSTICK!

post-43938-0-71072700-1494176445.jpg

post-43938-0-42136700-1494176475.jpg

post-43938-0-30182200-1494176483.jpg

• Like 3

Karith was the name of a character in a story I wrote in the 8th grade. At some point I began using it online until I found it strangely taken on some site. As this was the age of e-everything and Apple had started doing iThings, I used iKarith to mock this trend. It stuck. :)