IGNORED

Official Intelligentvision boxes Pre Order: Mystic Castle, Baseball, Hockey

Rev

I always thought Hatman was going to make these boxes.

I was never involved in the design of any form of Fight For The Cup boxes. The last ones I was able to create were Mystic Castle and Super Pro Baseball before losing my job at the printer where I made and printed these designs. I have since moved home with family to semi-retire while looking for work on the side.

He doesn't seem to want to, I have asked him a couple of times, he never really replies.

He never actually designed one for Hockey yet anyway.

The design will be the easy part, fairly routine photoshop job, printing seems trickier.

Honestly "Want to" had noting to do with it and I did reply to you over a week ago stating that I was not involved with the Hockey box.

I understand everyone's desire for items like this and no one wants "incomplete" things in their collection. But real life kind of holds sway for those of us that make these kind of things and we can't always produce stuff on demand the way a major corporation can. Even when we do there is little to no money in it for us so it's not like all our hard work pays off for much other than making the community a little happier.

The vast majority of you have been great to work/trade with and create for but these endeavors will never be high supply meets high demand kind of projects. I'll do what I can in my now diminished creative capacity but please understand I have much larger concerns in life to address right now.

• Like 2

oh that's better than the scan of the manual I used, I will put it in, thanks.

I don't have a pdf, I just used that front cover pic you had online, if you want to give me a pdf I think it will improve the resolution of the box design.

Ugh, don't scan the manual. I'll get you what you need to get make a high quality print. The box image I posted isn't high enough quality to make a good physical box.

Ugh, don't scan the manual. I'll get you what you need to get make a high quality print. The box image I posted isn't high enough quality to make a good physical box.

If you have a higher resolution one I can add it to this mock-up...

NHL01_AA.jpg

Depends on if we want to keep the look of the original Slap Shot or update it some. This template is a mash-up of the one I created for Dave for Super Pro Baseball, my Slap Shot reproduction file and some of the stuff you posted here for use. It is by no means complete but does keep the look of the SP series and ties in nicely with previous update roms from Intelligentvision.

Steve Jones, if you want I can send this to you in higher resolution once we have it complete if you'd like to have it printed.

Thoughts anyone?

I was just doing this as I thought Hitman wasn't doing one, if he wants to go ahead I will bow out.

My only comment is the pucks on the spines embedded into the "ice" kind of look like flies.

I'd much rather you stay involved since I have no longer have any way of printing these.

The puck graphics will look better on a full size box printed with higher resolution. It also matches the cart label Mark created for his kits last year. I also removed the shadow from the pucks to avoid them looking like fly wings and to better match the cart label so it will look even more clear once everything is printed in full res.

Edited by the1hatman
  • Like 1

Ok, Im thinking even if I can print them satisfactorily, its still very time consuming scoring, cutting, folding assembling etc, so if people want these at a nominal cost just sent them flat and they can do the work, my research so far has found a scoring tool and board for $28 on amazon so they can do their own, its just not financially worth the time involved for what people would pay for these. If they really want boxes they can assemble their own.

• Like 1

Ok, Im thinking even if I can print them satisfactorily, its still very time consuming scoring, cutting, folding assembling etc, so if people want these at a nominal cost just sent them flat and they can do the work, my research so far has found a scoring tool and board for $28 on amazon so they can do their own, its just not financially worth the time involved for what people would pay for these. If they really want boxes they can assemble their own.

Oh I agree. They way I had to print these required me to send them fully constructed. If they go to a professional printer and are made the way recent CIB homebrew boxes are then everyone is better off receiving them flat and putting them together themselves. A pro site would already have them scored at the folds but folks could use either glue or double sided tape to finish construction.

Would or Could someone supply a PDF template for the box to the community.

Im sure it would help a lot of us out here that want to try to make/produce there own boxes.

Thanks

You can save any of the ones posted here for that. The trick is that they will have to be sized to fit the format of the program and/or print method you are using. A template is just an outline of a box but if you don't know how to size it properly (physical, scale and dpi) it will not do you much good.

When it comes down to it, if you don't know how to create a template you likely will not be able to make a printable box graphic anyway. My suggestion to anyone wanting to try it is to grab any outline example posted here or from any other box thread and play around with it, including some test prints, until you have something of high enough quality to use as a finished box. Even just making some panels that fit inside the clear box protectors would make a nice way to store your games and materials. I taught myself how to do it using an ancient version of Photoshop someone gave me so I'm sure anyone here could pull it off as well.

Finding access to printers and cardstock large enough and of high enough quality to do trial and error with is the hard part though.

I am just throwing out a random number. but is $30. dollars a box plus shipping for what we would order the right price? Maybe too much for some,affordable for me.

If it were to happen, I would need two of each for my friend and I Steve for Mystic Castle, SP Baseball and fight for the cup no problem.

Ballpark figure just so to speak at this point. :)

I am just throwing out a random number. but is $30. dollars a box plus shipping for what we would order the right price? Maybe too much for some,affordable for me.

If it were to happen, I would need two of each for my friend and I Steve for Mystic Castle, SP Baseball and fight for the cup no problem.

Ballpark figure just so to speak at this point. :)

Hey wolfy at that price , I have lots of empty boxes that I can sell you... ;)

• Like 1

I recall (Rev... maybe ColecoVision) stating that with the printing orders it is easier to print four different boxes together as the minimum print order divided by 4 is about the demand for these boxes. If Rev or ColecoVision can share their printer, maybe someone else can produce them? I dont mind pitching in to help with the order...

• Like 1