IGNORED

The Three Different Atari 7800 Power Supplies

sixersfan105

Looks like I have another variant (see the second one below). I'm not sure if one is more reliable than another, however my first 7800 was purchased in 2008 and it's power supply is still running.

This power supply is part of a CIB 7800 (S/N A3 9B1 5287646). The console was mfg. in China and does not have an expansion interface.

attachicon.gifA3 9B1 5287646_Box.JPG attachicon.gifA3 9B1 5287646 Mfg China .JPG

Interesting stuff! It looks like this one is identical in form factor and label text to the one I posted above but has a silver label instead of black. Maybe they ran out of one color? Haha

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Here's my tiny collection of 7800 PSU's. Bumping this post since it's been a year. I am more inclined to know WHICH Adaptor came with which 7800 consoles.

I have a few 7800's but only one in the box and it is used and don't want to assume the power supply that came with it is the correct one. Don't mind the green painters tape, I always label them with notes such as the Volts DC, cord condition, etc

post-39247-0-72609200-1532545866_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know what the maximum the power regulator can handle on the 7800? With off brand Power Supplies for .50 to $1.00 at local thrift stores, I always grab them to repurpose them for anything within similar specs.

IE: Atari 2600 off brand power supplies are quite common and I never exceed 14 VDC and 1 amp max

Edited by Bodyshots

I myself have only ever seen the wedge shaped ones like yours in the upper right of your pic. I know the other models like yours in the bottom row exist, but I've honestly never seen one or ran across one of those.

Im hoarding them :D

Makes sense to me!

BTW you are missing the new ones that are offered by Best now. I've not ordered one myself as I too am sitting on 1 or 2 extras just in case, but have thought about ordering them before those too can't be got.

• 1 year later...

Hi Everyone

This is the Very first power adapters used on the EP units. Mine being serial number 000517 EP 264

Here is the power adapter with it. You will notice the very early date code of 2284 also look on the back

side of the SA 0002 along also with the date code

Thanks

Atari 7800 power supply pic 1.jpg

atari 7800 power supply pic 2.jpg

• Like 1