IGNORED

TIPI - TI-99/4A to Raspberry PI interface development

Hmmm,

Just updated to 031 and was using DM2K with a Myarc HFDC and was not able to copy files from TIPI path to physical floppy. I was using DM2K v2.6 03-05-2015.

Beery

Hi Beery,

I'm using a TI controller on CRU 1100 with the 80 track mod and the TIPI on CRU 1000.

post-62965-0-04843600-1550918480.jpg

I tested Format the physical Drive DSK2.

post-62965-0-81997500-1550918565.jpg

and I tested copy from the mapped tipi device DSK1.=TIPI.XB.STRATEGO to DSK2.

post-62965-0-57423500-1550919164.jpg

in my system all this works fine.

• Like 3

OK, I saw what part of my issue was. I had the CRU for the TIPI above the HFDC, rather than at >1000 because previously I had the Myarc 512K card in the system. It is not in the system now.

With the Myarc HFDC in the system, I tried with and without DSKx device mappings, with and without Auto Mapping, and TI/Myarc WDS settings. Trying to copy DSK1 attempted to go to WDS1.DSK1. and could never get a copy to real DSK1. Trying to copy to DSK2 (real) resulted in the drive light coming on, but an "Error 0:"

Separately, on an earlier attempt knowing I had three mapped DSKx. devices specified in the TIPI.CFG program, I attempted to copy files from DSK1. to DSK4. thinking/hoping the files would copy to the HFDC floppy drive 1. Surprisingly, those files instead copy to the TIPI root path.

I do not know if there is something unique about the Myarc HFDC versus the TI controller, but I am not able to copy files as Matt indicated earlier.

For Matt's information, copying from DSK1 to DSK4 as noted above, I thought I recalled Matt adding the extra DSK4 mapping??? Maybe there is another CFG program I need to update to map it????

Beery

With TIPI, "DSK4." is always equivalent to "TIPI." if found first in your system...

DM2K ver 2.6 doesn't work for me the way Wolhess describes... I would NOT expect it to work for anyone... None of the fixes I've released had anything to do with copying off of TIPI to other devices.

The tool I posted on the previous page allows you to be explicit about what CRUBASE and device name you are trying to manage files in. The DSRLNK I use in that tool does not search at all...

A 'drives' command will list all DSR entries that look like drives grouped by crubase if you are not already fully aware of them.

There is code in there that may work with WDS_, IDE_, SCS_, TIPI, DSK_, HDX_, but I don't have any way to test anything but TIPI and DSK_.

there is even a checksum command so you can verify after copying.

-M@

Super-Beta-Monkey-Team-Hyperforce-Go!

This attached software does not know anything about SCSI's or IDE's or WSD's or HRD's... it knows about TIPI, and DSK#.

It is a simplistic command line interface.

Type help to see a list of commands.

type help <command> to see arguments to command...

With this you can copy from DSK1 to DSK1 where they are 2 separate devices...

1000.DSK1. is different than 1100.DSK1.

When entering a folder path you can specify the leading crubase address to disambiguate. If not specified it will find the first device with the given name.

It does not support wildcarding, or copying multiple files at once, or scripting, or file redirection, or variables, or any of the things you might expect out of an MS-DOS like environment.

There is no concept of drive letters, or current directory on a different drive...

I will not be patching this code... it is where I was at back in December. It exists as the tipifm branch on github under the clients folder.

Instead I'm working from a different source base to build a richer cartridge based, implementation. However I've had to take several steps backwards there.

Anyway... It can copy to floppies. Or at least I recall it doing so last December.

attachicon.gifTIPIFM_1_2.zip

-M@

I was wrong when I said this software doesn't know about other device types. The code is there, I've just never tested it. (cannot test it)

-M@

If i attach a keyboard to the pi via usb, is there anyway to use it as input for the ti?

I am aware the ti already has external keyboard / keyboard replacement solutions, but i just wondered if a solution could be made that works through pi's usb via tipi.

Edited by jrhodes

If i attach a keyboard to the pi via usb, is there anyway to use it as input for the ti?

I am aware the ti already has external keyboard / keyboard replacement solutions, but i just wondered if a solution could be made that works through pi's usb via tipi.

not yet.. you haven't written the driver or assemblylanguage program on the ti to read it yet. let us know how that goes it's certianly possible, but it won't work AS the TI keyboard, just as A keyboard you read via the pipes

Greg

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Jedimatt42,

today I updated my TIPIPEB to the current version 1.0beta034

In this version you changed the PI.CLOCK access, this I could see on GitHub.

After the Update my XB Menu Programm shows me an I/O ERROR 02, the same I get if I try the "clock.bat" example form GitHub.

I did some tries and changed the clock.bat. Now I can access the TIPI Clock again.

See the attached basic example program NEWCLOCK

NEWCLOCK.zip

Hi Jedimatt42,

today I updated my TIPIPEB to the current version 1.0beta034

In this version you changed the PI.CLOCK access, this I could see on GitHub.

After the Update my XB Menu Programm shows me an I/O ERROR 02, the same I get if I try the "clock.bat" example form GitHub.

I did some tries and changed the clock.bat. Now I can access the TIPI Clock again.

See the attached basic example program NEWCLOCK

attachicon.gifNEWCLOCK.zip

Oops, sorry, there have been posts where people questioned that the clock could even be read... so I made a breaking change assuming no-one was using it...

It satisfies the examples for reading from the CorComp clocks now through the DSR. No write support, no direct register reading.

-M@

Hi Matt,

I'm still using 1.0beta012 (24 character PI.CLOCK)

1)If I upgrade to the current...I believe it's "1.0beta034"(19 character PI.CLOCK)... can I downgrade back to 1.0beta012, should I feel compelled?

2)Is there any easy way to switch to 12 hour AM/PM?

In the GitHub PI.CLOCK example:

"For example, Wednesday January 2nd 2019 at 3:30pm (and 5 seconds):

0,03/03/19,15:30:05"

Seems like you neglected to update the Jan. 2nd part.

...also I thought the commas as delimiters are not to be counted in the REC length yielding: FIXED 17.

...also I'm now using DSR Build: 2018-06-23T12:04:45-07:00.

The spec for the Corcomp clock is that you open with record length of 0. This instructs the controller to figure it out.

I'll have to fix the example docs tomorrow... Thanks for pointing that out.

I do not have any support mechanism for downgrading. It is hobby craft, I'd have to support 35 versions of a thing. I can't do that. In fact, officially U can't support this at all. I just do for fun.

The comma delimeter is a part of the record. And so is part of the record length. I believe BASIC is just kind enough to parse it for you.

I have magic powers.. so I could actually implement the old format if you open with record length if whatever the one was...

I'll get back to you all on that. I didn't imagine a clock was so interesting already...

-M@

• Like 3

For my daily TI hobby I use the TIPI Clock in my XB menu program.

From here I start all programs and games. That was the first thing I added in my TIPI system.

The MAIN menu

post-62965-0-47103500-1554473969.jpg

TIPI Tools

post-62965-0-44184600-1554473982.jpg

Games in EA5 format

post-62965-0-93751900-1554473994.jpg

So the Clock is one of the most used service from tipi after Storage and Interneticon_smile.gif

• Like 6

For my daily TI hobby I use the TIPI Clock in my XB menu program.

From here I start all programs and games. That was the first thing I added in my TIPI system.

So the Clock is one of the most used service from tipi after Storage and Interneticon_smile.gif

:idea: I gave some thought... to porting a little code from my ALC scheduler and making it BASIC/TIPI CLOCK compatible. I thought I'll need to use the KISS system since my plate is full. I wrote the first 7 lines last night...

The Idea being... the user enters(sets) an alarm-time string(s) or subset thereof Ex. 00303191530(no seconds) using asterisks as "dont-care" wildcards... then the user enters an associated string to be displayed and or announced at the designated time(s)-date(s).

The program will poll the time repeatedly... checking for "minute advanced=true" than start searching for matching user entered strings while assuming wildcards to be "true", after a match is found the event# is saved to an execution list... all remaining matches(for that minute) populate the execution list. Once all events are parsed the execution list is processed.

I thought it would be nice to integrate this into a Menu type program launcher. Like 4a/DOS... but that would move the idea's development potential away from BASIC. Perhaps I could usurp your XB Menu for such exploitation! :grin:

From the above displayed screenshots... I imagine it's a compact and lean program?

Feelings/Reservations??? :ponder:

I can imagine starting a program in a timely manner via my menu program, for example to indicate an appointment.

The purpose of the menu program is for me an overview of time and date, the XB version used and the drives / directories mapped in the Tipisystem. Furthermore, I can easily start my saved programs and games.

The program can be configured as desired, for example any submenus can be configured by itself.

I plan to publish the program as a beta test at the weekend.

It is not finished yet, currently It needs a FG99,RXB and the Tipi sytem and it is in German language.

I plan to make it multi language, to support standard XB, compiling with XB256 and Support for classic99.

I do Not know your ALC scheduler, so I‘m Not aware what it does.

What is a KISS system?

• Like 1

Sounds like your Menu program has more to it than met my eye at first! :cool:

My ALC scheduler is like a multi-event alarm clock that can control most of my control system's functions. Maybe I,ll just present a minimal stand-alone version in BASIC: TIPI Alarm Clock ...TIPIAC! ...If you like, feel encouraged to integrate my idea... It's Great! according to moi... but hardly unique by all observations.

P.S. I've had some luck testing this today! :cool:

I am not going to provide USB drive support because on a Linux system, you can't just be yanking the disk out. And I don't want to be responsible for your drives corrupting constantly.

But this is prime opportunity to for someone to write a howto.

-M@

• Like 1

OK, I will be soon putting two TIPI's onto my network at home. I already connect to the first TIPI with a login from my Windows computer. What do I need to do to differentiate the existing TIPI, to a second TIPI? What/where/how do I rename the second TIPI to something like TIPI2, etc.

Thanks.

Beery

OK, I will be soon putting two TIPI's onto my network at home. I already connect to the first TIPI with a login from my Windows computer. What do I need to do to differentiate the existing TIPI, to a second TIPI? What/where/how do I rename the second TIPI to something like TIPI2, etc.

Thanks.

Beery

you change the hostname this is stored in /etc/hostname on the pi change that file then reboot the pi is the simplest.. I changed my tipipeb to be tipipeb as i have a sidecar tipi thats just tipi.. note, when dealing with the tipi in shell TIPI will always equal localhost.. the way its programmed in the tipi sw..

• Like 1