xxl

WiFi Prime

Atari 8bit SIO2WiFi interface

• Like 28

How does this work? Is it a Lantronix style telnet server?

It's my personal DREAM!

I've tried something like this with bad HW thus unsuccessfully.

The most important thing is that ATARI with ALL it's HW take too much place and WiFi connection can eliminate distances and sizes problems. :)

Best wishes, xxl

won't work without ESP8266 interface...

now I get it.

1. interface emulate D1 & D8. D1 works as is. D8 (temporary) as flash 4MB ESP. you can "copy" from "wifi" to D8 (means download) and then "open" mean mount as eg. atr to D1 (any data ESP serve as file save on virtual eg. atr). yes, you can list (directory) what you get in 4MB esp flash memory.

or:

2. any data via http you could load without buffering by ESP - eg. boot via http:

• Like 7

Inspirational! Great work. Do you have an approximate breakdown of how much flash is left over, free RAM on the ESP, ???, with your program running? I still like to have a hard copy print out of my programs. WiFi to printer or networked printer would be nice. I am still trying to digest this. I was thinking originally the SPI on the ESP would be good for a uSD interface, then it stuck me it would be unnecessary/redundant with a WiFi file server.

of course. The server may also be another atari with wifi prime. There is still a bit more to write, but we will also show such an example

• Like 4

Multiplayer Dune2 or warcraff rts or I can imagine competitive Eagle Nest like fps game too! 8bit esports...So there will be gaming parties too not only demoscene...

Edited by Matej

with a slim keyboard and a lcd screen , and of course with wifi support , I would like to see new atari 800xl laptops.

Would this work on a bog stock NodeMCU dev board and will you be offering the firmware .BIN when the project is completed.?

Edited by a8isa1

client-server demo

wifi + ultra speed demo

yes, why not.

Edited by xxl
  • Like 4

Could you find a smaller monitor? :)

I wish 4:3 aspect monitors, roughly that size, complete with stands (no self-fabricated kits), were readily available.