While I sent Yurkie a PM, I realize he is probably busy. Now that I have done a little more reading, I take it the F-18A mod is a straight up VGA connection. Is one better than the other (RGB). I do not have the skills (or time) to install something myself.

If they both work with the SGM, that is great.... but I assume neither works the 2600 expansion module.

I am holding off a bit to hear back from Yurkie regarding options before I pre-order the SGM. My CV is in very bad shape... and it may be worth seeing if I can get something from him outright rather than trying to work with mine.

The F18a is a VGA connection although I also have an option to have a VGA to HDMI scalar built into the system so that the system outputs HDMI. The SGM is fully compatible with the F18a upgrade. The 2600 module does require a separate video connection either through the RF output or a separate composite mod.

Yurkie has a VGA modded console on hand, so I went with that. I might gone with RGB having done more reading, but our sets all have VGA in, so okay with that.

Opcode... I have pre-ordered for the fourth run. Sounds like you may need to do a little rebranding... sheesh. The saga with the Coleco name from the Chameleon debacle never ends.....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the update! I can't wait to get my hands on Pac-Man DX and Donkey Kong. Quick question: will there be a second run of Gradius? I was lucky enough to buy Penguin Adventure before the AA store sold out, but I missed out on Gradius. I really want a copy for my collection!

Edited for spelling.

Edited by ColecoGamer

Thank you for the update! I can't wait to get my hands on Pac-Man DX and Donkey Kong. Quick question: will there be a second run of Gradius? I was lucky enough to buy Penguin Adventure before the AA store sold out, but I missed out on Gradius. I really want a copy for my collection!

Edited for spelling.

Sure, we will have both Penguin and Gradius back. Also working on the Penguin glitch we had last years to have that fixed.

• Like 1

Ed my man with all the Bizzaro universe stuff going on hows things looking for the 4th run SGM, Pac-Man DX and Donkey Kong arcade? Everything still on track?

I know this must have taken its toll on you, but I hope you stay vigilant. Staying the course and staying on track is the ultimate way to shove it in the face of he who shall not be named.

Stay thirsty, my friend.

Ed my man with all the Bizzaro universe stuff going on hows things looking for the 4th run SGM, Pac-Man DX and Donkey Kong arcade? Everything still on track?

I know this must have taken its toll on you, but I hope you stay vigilant. Staying the course and staying on track is the ultimate way to shove it in the face of he who shall not be named.

Stay thirsty, my friend.

Hey, thanks man!

The worst is behind us now, I hope.

So for an update:

- SGM: Dale is working on the new logo, we should be able to present the new packaging next week or so. It is surprisingly similar, you will see. That delays the SGM by just a couple of weeks of its planned manufacturing start, but I will try to compensate and get it out on schedule.

- Pac-Man DX: was supposed to start beta this week, but I am also replacing the logo, so next week.

- DK: once Pac-Man is in beta, I will concentrate on DK for the rest of the year. This is the 35th anniversary of the ColecoVision, so will do my best to get the out before the end of the year to celebrate.

• Like 4

- DK: once Pac-Man is in beta, I will concentrate on DK for the rest of the year. This is the 35th anniversary of the ColecoVision, so will do my best to get the out before the end of the year to celebrate.

So would that be the "35th Anniversary Donkey Kong Arcade Special Edition" then?

(In my best Goldie Wilson impression) I like the sound of that!

tumblr_mf8i77BQqN1rvjt2vo4_250.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• First such game is Mouser, a port of a little known arcade game created by UPL in 1983. Mouser is a platform game similar to Donkey Kong in many ways, where you must rescue your cat girlfriend that has been kidnaped by pesky mice. The game has 3 different screens. Only 10 copies will be made available, each copy will be numbered and come in cartridge format with a nicely designed color label by Grazi. Please contact us if you would like to purchase a copy and help us (info@opcodegames.com).

Hey guys,

Mouser was a success and his successor Bokosuka Wars has only ONE copy left, so if you have interest please send an email for info@opcodegames.com . BTW, the next game will be Dorodon, a game by UPL very similar to Lady Bug. ;)

(top = Bokosuka) / (bottom = Dorodon)

post-42011-0-40300800-1497922784_thumb.jpg

post-42011-0-56676700-1497922794.jpg

Edited by GraziGamer
  • Like 1