IGNORED

Fast Food 2600/VCS Remake

WAVE 1 GAMES

The most obscure game ever finally comes to the most obscure console ever!

Get ready to get fatter in 64 bit!

This thread will serve as the new thread for information on a side project that I am working on. I have no new information regarding the game nor a release date. It will be done whenever it's done. Frogz 64 is my main priority right now and it's nearly complete. Here are some screen shots and the animated backdrop that will be in game. as well as a video of the old Fast Food.

post-45896-0-08432200-1493863972.png

post-45896-0-08748500-1493863961.png

post-45896-0-63204300-1493864001.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X02AruRXQwo

I will update as soon as I have something worthy to show

Edited by Jeffrey_Bones
  • Like 5

Fast Food is the most obscure game ever?

The Jaguar is the most obscure console ever? More obscure than the PC-FX? More obscure than the Casio Loopy?

Originally you said this game would be done in a few days, what changed?

• Like 2

My daughter calls this game "Purple Pickles". It's one of her favorites. Yes I know they are actually eggplant but you tell me if it sounds as fun to identify them correctly instead of yelling out, "Don't eat the purple pickles!" "Ahhh you ate too many purple pickles."

• Like 5

My daughter calls this game "Purple Pickles". It's one of her favorites. Yes I know they are actually eggplant but you tell me if it sounds as fun to identify them correctly instead of yelling out, "Don't eat the purple pickles!" "Ahhh you ate too many purple pickles."

Actually they ARE purple pickles, and NOT eggplants! I was looking at the instruction manual/calorie card from my copy of the original game yesterday and the manual actually calls them purple pickles! I was surprised because I always thought they were eggplants.

Fast Food is the most obscure game ever?

The Jaguar is the most obscure console ever? More obscure than the PC-FX? More obscure than the Casio Loopy?

Originally you said this game would be done in a few days, what changed?

Im not sure if the Jaguar is the most obscure console ever, nor am I sure about the obscurity of Fast Food. I do know they are both very obscure and it was just something fun I wanted to say, no need to fact check that statement.

As far as the release goes I just dont want to disappoint you Madman if a few days turns into a couple of weeks due to whatever and I would rather not make promises. It is a VERY simple game though, and should be fairly easy to pull off even with my limited experience as everything the game requires I have already done in RB+ (its just random scrolling objects that get faster, a movable player and a score)

I have converted all of the sprites I need for the project over to Jaguar friendly .bmps including the floating mouth from my PC game Retropia, so I already have all of the games assets as well. (Minus some goofy sound effects I have yet to record)

So it should be relatively quick.

So thats that.

Edited by Jeffrey_Bones
  • Like 2

Actually they ARE purple pickles, and NOT eggplants! I was looking at the instruction manual/calorie card from my copy of the original game yesterday and the manual actually calls them purple pickles! I was surprised because I always thought they were eggplants.

You sir have blown my mind. I checked and you are absolutely right. I didn't just assume it was eggplant though. I got that from somewhere. So now I am on the search to find out where that came from.

• Like 1

OK Last video for tonight and then I'm done messing around. I changed the background blur effect so it's not so hard on the eyes to a more black and white style palette and added some more food items. I also got the movement of Mighty Mouth working a little better. I like the way this is turning out so far!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FclaSJzkp_s&feature=youtu.be

• Like 1

No really... if this takes forever and never sees the light of day - we're okay. Seriously! :rolling:

But never mind me… there's always going to be the spud or three, salivating at the chance to play something "new" on their Jaguar, at any given moment. At any given price. :)

No really... if this takes forever and never sees the light of day - we're okay. Seriously! :rolling:

But never mind me… there's always going to be the spud or three, salivating at the chance to play something "new" on their Jaguar, at any given moment. At any given price. :)

Im kind of confused. Do you not like Fast Food for the 2600 or do you just not like remakes? Or perhaps you dont like ports to Jaguar?

Im really not sure which aspect you are against or if in fact its all 3 of these things?

If you didn't like the original, may I ask why? I have had the original for some time now and I thought of it as one of the better 2600 games available. One of my personal favorites. (Nothing on 2600 is better than Demon Attack though that game is Atari euphoria!!)

Can you elaborate a little? Im just curious.

Edited by Jeffrey_Bones

(Nothing on 2600 is better than Demon Attack though that game is Atari euphoria!!)

I think that when it comes to Demon Attack, Imagic dropped the ball for the next gen Atari's they didn't update the graphics for the 400/800/XL/XE (it looks your playing a 2600 game on the 400/800/XL/XE) and Demon Attack didn't make to the 5200, :? come think of there are no Imagic games for the 5200. :? The Intellivision's Demon Attack that rocks when it come to the having updated graphics! :-o Now the Jag should have the Intellivision's Demon Attack version with updated graphics that would rock!

Edited by walter_J64bit
  • Like 2

Was just joshing last night... your game is coming along just fine. :P

Slightly enhanced (or not at all) 8-bit ports aren't always my thing on a system like this, but when done where the game takes good advantage of the hardware, can get interesting.

Oh and yes, I like the original VCS version a lot. Cute and fun game that reeks of 80's pop culture, what's not to love? :)

Looks interesting! The mouth movement seems to be a little slow. How about adding a button to double(or increase it some) the mouth movement speed, kinda like in Super Pacman?

I think you need a "poison" food item that effects your movement. Eat a bad piece of pizza and you get food poisoning for 5-8 seconds and your movement is reversed.

The pizza could be an "off" color so you know to avoid it. You could eat something else that slows ya down a little, and then you could eat a power up drink that give you a speed boost for a bit. Just another incredible idea for you! No charge when you use them! ;)

• Like 1

Since you've got great multimedia support on the Jag, how about some nice burp and fart samples? lol In between stages you hear a long and disgusting burp ala Booger from Revenge of the Nerds. haha

Can really have a lot of fun with this and truly "enhance" the original if you wanted. Too many taco's and the screen could turn a shitty translucent brown as you're "treated" to a juicy fart sample... something along the lines of Jeff Daniels' scene in Dumb and Dumber. :rolling:

Fast Food 2000 mode with all the obligatory special effects, complete with 3-D shit splatters that fly up at the screen when you accidentally hit a toilet bowl. Okay, now that's just gross. :lol:

Maybe have a couple of health bars that denote which of your digestive systems are being worked "too hard" and change up the animation and sound samples between stages accordingly. If the game ended up being somewhat of a gross tour de force instead of just a straight port with fancier graphics, think that would be a lot more "fun". In the most sophomoric of ways of course. :grin:

• Like 1

Could it be that they are both? I present to you...

Pickled Eggplant

9294776604_f7d572fef5_z.jpg

• Like 2

Could it be that they are both? I present to you...

Pickled Eggplant

9294776604_f7d572fef5_z.jpg

Wow maybe it is. ! Also I thought that perhaps since you and I both remember it being an eggplant and now looking back at the instruction manual it says purple pickl maybe this is a Mandela effect... Not trying to sell anyone on that notion, it just fits the description slightly of a M.E.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_B6qlmJp1E&lc=z13cet5qxuyfzbgvm230i1wwrkukcvrkw

I got the food to go away when being "eaten" I have also added a pretty cool HUD for the score and purple pickles and I have been experimenting with different color palettes for the background. ( I will show these changes in the next video) so when the level changes the color palette will change for the animated background making it look drastically different. I'm at the beach right now so I'm gonna hit up the local arcade with my wife and get a little inspiration for more work on the project!

post-45896-0-14942300-1494091002.jpg

• Like 3