IGNORED

Fast Food 2600/VCS Remake

WAVE 1 GAMES

@ LianneJaguar64 Looks like CJ's videos are from a real hardware playtest, so there can be no blaming any 'VJ incompatibility'.

Hmmm ok... I have absolutely no problem with my purchase as I understand it is a homebrew and fantsatic effort on the part of Jeffrey, but of course I would like it to work correctly most of the time...

They all happened within the <5 minutes I spent with the game on real h/w.

Maybe it's a PAL thing? :ponder: Jeffrey_Bones is living in the US and most likely using a "NTSC" Jag, he might not be testing in "PAL" considering he's quick to push the Fast Food game out the door.

Edited by walter_J64bit

Maybe it's a PAL thing? :ponder: Jeffrey_Bones is living in the US and most likely using a "NTSC" Jag, he might not be testing in "PAL" considering he's quick to push the Fast Food game out the door.

The last test was the only one done in PAL. All the others were NTSC.

As someone who is looking from the outside in, I can't really comment on the OP's integrity as a person, seller or programmer. But I can (and will) say the following: your Fast Food project showed a lot of promise in the beginning. You also had some of the best people in the community giving you advice and assisting with the game's development. As someone who is trying to expand his programming knowledge beyond C64 Basic, I personaly would have listened to the advice that was given and took my time polishing the final product, regardless of any personal, financial issues that I may have had (If I did have any to begin with).

Releasing a buggy, unplayable mess - and then selling it for $60 - was not the way to handle this. Just my two cents worth on the subject.

• Like 2

As someone who is looking from the outside in, I can't really comment on the OP's integrity as a person, seller or programmer. But I can (and will) say the following: your Fast Food project showed a lot of promise in the beginning. You also had some of the best people in the community giving you advice and assisting with the game's development. As someone who is trying to expand his programming knowledge beyond C64 Basic, I personaly would have listened to the advice that was given and took my time polishing the final product, regardless of any personal, financial issues that I may have had (If I did have any to begin with).

Releasing a buggy, unplayable mess - and then selling it for $60 - was not the way to handle this. Just my two cents worth on the subject.

To be fair, it's selling for $40 (£33), and I bought mine for $20 (£16), and for what it is, I'd say that was alright :) and whilst I'm yet to confirm, it doesn't seem like a completely unplayable mess

Edited by LianneJaguar64
  • Like 1

To be fair, it's selling for $40 (£33), and I bought mine for $20 (£16), and for what it is, I'd say that was alright :) and whilst I'm yet to confirm, it doesn't seem like a completely unplayable mess

Well then, that is really good to hear. It sounds like the OP may have fixed most of the bugs. Can you post an update when you find the time to play the game? I'll buy a copy if its playable.

Can copies still be purchased from the OP's Facebook page? I also wouldn't mind paying $20 for a copy, if an option for that exists.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by ColecoGamer

Well then, that is really good to hear. It sounds like the OP may have fixed most of the bugs. Can you post an update when you find the time to play the game? I'll buy a copy if its playable.

Can copies still be purchased from the OP's Facebook page? I also wouldn't mind paying $20 for a copy, if an option for that exists.

Edited for spelling.

An unplayable mess is an inaccurate description of my game.

• Like 1

The CD version is £15 on eBay at this point in time, I preferred to own this version as I have few games for my Jaguar CD that warrant my ownership of it, but I reallyyyy want to enjoy it a lot, and this seems like a great addition to the library... I assume the cheque's in the post, Jeffrey? :P

Edited by LianneJaguar64

An unplayable mess is an inaccurate description of my game.

That's good to hear. I did read the entire thread from start to finish. There were some things that were left hanging in the conversation (i.e. certain bugs not being addressed, etc.), so it read like certain issues may or may not have been addressed before the game launched. I appreciate the response.

• Like 1

This thread is so long, and a lot of bickering so I don't want to read through it alll. Can someone tell me how/where I can get a cib cart? Preferably the least buggy version?

These 14 carts are all sold. And yes they come with boxes and inserts and instructions. There is another run of 10 on the way next week. I can add you to the preorder list if you want. (5 people already on that list as of today)

This is the least buggy version of the game btw

Behold, Fast Food 64 on Cartridge..... also known by madman and friends as the toxic poison specially concocted to destroy the homebrew Jag scene. No shortage of imagination around here folks. Lol. :)

This kind of passive-aggressive behavior isn't doing you any favors.

• Like 3