IGNORED

Been away for a little while what happened to the new 7800 homebrews?

kyle

They are very close. AA Subscribers have been offered a limited number of pre-orders. Al decided the original labels could be nicer so he found a new company to do the labels. He is building carts as fast as he can and just waiting for the final pieces (Labels) to get done for everything to fall into place.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Cat's out of the bag...

The secret is...

If you want to be in the know with access to all the latest info, early access to games, discount on store purchases, a plethora of other bonuses related to the site, and that 'minor' thing of contributing to and supporting one of the best sites in the entire internet...

You need to be an AtariAge Subscriber. :)

• Like 4

Cat's out of the bag...

The secret is...

If you want to be in the know with access to all the latest info, early access to games, discount on store purchases, a plethora of other bonuses related to the site, and that 'minor' thing of contributing to and supporting one of the best sites in the entire internet...

You need to be an AtariAge Subscriber. :)

Funny thing about that is if the latest info itself was made more public, there'd probably more people being attracted to becoming a subscriber. ;)

• Like 1

Funny thing about that is if the latest info itself was made more public, there'd probably more people being attracted to becoming a subscriber. ;)

Except that the preorder stuff isn't really the attraction, or the prime purpose, I don't think. Al appreciates the support for the site costs, and frankly, I subscribed recently after meaning to for a couple years, and I did it despite knowing ahead of time that I'd missed out on the preorder period for the games I really want. I can't justify buying all those homebrews at once anyway, but I can certainly throw a few bucks at Al to help keep the lights on here.

So why did I subscribe without any real immediate benefit? Because this is the premier internet source for over 15 years' worth of accumulated Atari and general retro knowledge and wisdom from users all over the world, all easily searchable and actively maintained by a vibrant community. That's worth preserving and supporting.

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Except that the preorder stuff isn't really the attraction, or the prime purpose, I don't think. Al appreciates the support for the site costs, and frankly, I subscribed recently after meaning to for a couple years, and I did it despite knowing ahead of time that I'd missed out on the preorder period for the games I really want. I can't justify buying all those homebrews at once anyway, but I can certainly throw a few bucks at Al to help keep the lights on here.

So why did I subscribe without any real immediate benefit? Because this is the premier internet source for over 15 years' worth of accumulated Atari and general retro knowledge and wisdom from users all over the world, all easily searchable and actively maintained by a vibrant community. That's worth preserving and supporting.

This thread made me realize that a subscription existed. In hindsight, I realize that I had seen "Subscriber" on many avatars, but I assumed that it had to do with amount of posting activity or something like that. I'm more of a lurker than a poster, so it may not seem like I am on here much, but I go through periods where I scour the forums once or twice a day. Easily worth the asking amount per year for the interesting conversations and worthwhile information I get from this site...

• Like 1

This thread made me realize that a subscription existed. In hindsight, I realize that I had seen "Subscriber" on many avatars, but I assumed that it had to do with amount of posting activity or something like that. I'm more of a lurker than a poster, so it may not seem like I am on here much, but I go through periods where I scour the forums once or twice a day. Easily worth the asking amount per year for the interesting conversations and worthwhile information I get from this site...

I think subscriptions is one of those things that Al really appreciates but doesn't want to be pushy about it. I have been a lurker for years as I can't really provide much insight into the history beyond that I played it when I was a kid. I try and follow some homebrew stuff and any new products coming out. Since I've started to try and buy more homebrews and that I've used the site for years I thought it was time I subscribed and actually just renewed it towards the end of June.

• Like 7

Not to derail the thread too much, but is there a difference between the Jr. Pac-Man you have here and the one currently available in the store? It's on my list for the next AtariAge order.

Should be the same one in the store. It's the two on the bottom that are new and haven't been listed for sale in the store yet.

• Like 2

Not to derail the thread too much, but is there a difference between the Jr. Pac-Man you have here and the one currently available in the store? It's on my list for the next AtariAge order.

Should be the same one in the store. It's the two on the bottom that are new and haven't been listed for sale in the store yet.

Ya it's the same one that is in the store. That is where it is from.

When we placed our Pre-Orders Al asked if there were any other things from the store that we were thinking about buying he could add them to our pre-orders to save us some shipping. The Jr. Pac-Man I had from Pac-ManPlus' personal original offering would no longer boot. So I added it and MM which is an AMAZING update of 2600 Warlords by Darrel Spice here. So I added those 2 older games to my order.

• Like 1

Ya it's the same one that is in the store. That is where it is from.

When we placed our Pre-Orders Al asked if there were any other things from the store that we were thinking about buying he could add them to our pre-orders to save us some shipping. The Jr. Pac-Man I had from Pac-ManPlus' personal original offering would no longer boot. So I added it and MM which is an AMAZING update of 2600 Warlords by Darrel Spice here. So I added those 2 older games to my order.

If you come across such a thing (e.g. an older PMP homebrew not working anymore), please let me know. Even if he hacked up a board that isn't mine. I'll try to get you a new board with the same game on it.

• Like 2

If you come across such a thing (e.g. an older PMP homebrew not working anymore), please let me know. Even if he hacked up a board that isn't mine. I'll try to get you a new board with the same game on it.

I appreciate the offer. My only issue is this cart has his autograph on it. The guts might be replaceable but the label would likely be messed up.

Ya I am weird like that. Technically the cart didn't cost me a dime. I bought from a member here. And when it didn't work he refunded my money even after finding out it was autographed.

• Like 1

I appreciate the offer. My only issue is this cart has his autograph on it. The guts might be replaceable but the label would likely be messed up.

Ya I am weird like that. Technically the cart didn't cost me a dime. I bought from a member here. And when it didn't work he refunded my money even after finding out it was autographed.

Totally understand.