IGNORED

Summer Games

And here's 2 cart versions, one is just the events and the other has the intro etc

Actually, what you have here is the Atari XEGS cart version, and the other one is a special Atarimax cart version of the original Epyx disk version.

There are some differences, title screen, and a few others that I forget about right now. But both have the intro and events.

Edited by MrFish

Are you being picky :-D

Absolutely! :D

Mind you the bits I posted are most likely of no use as the guy is usng real hardware (I'd guess)..

I didn't hear him mention real hardware, but maybe that's the case. Well, even on real hardware these images can be used with the right devices (Atarimax cart, Ultimate cart, The!Cart, MyIDE II).

There is a "small" difference in disk vs. cart version (besides loading time):

- disk version: 8 events, max. 8 players (all events or one event)

- cart version: 8 events, max. 3 players (all events or one event)

So, it is not that hard to win a medal in the cart version... 3 players = Gold, Silver, Bronze, thus everyone will get a medal in the cart version.

• Like 1

Many years ago I asked if it was possible to have a disk version of Summer Games without records.

I've found versions with hi-scores too high to beat or unbeatable because they have strange letters saved in it.

Someone has a clean version?

I would like to save my world records!

Try these out Philsan:

Summer Games (no world records).zip

Summer Games (no world records)ATX.zip

• Like 2

Thank you Paul.

ATR version saves hi-scores but has swimming graphic glitch:

attachicon.gifSwimming.png

ATX version saves hi-scores and doesn't have swimming graphic glitch.

OK. I just grabbed a version from the Holmes archive and one from Farb. I wanted to see if I could just zero out the data in a hex editor. Apparently, it works.

I've got another ATR version here. I'll see if it has the swimming glitch or not. If not, I'll fix that one and post it up.

Try these.

The !-version is a crack of Farb's ATX, the a-version is a modified version of Atarimania's.

I would also like to know the difference between these two versions except that you have to push the button at the copyright screen of the a-version.

Summer Games (1984)(Epyx)(US)(Side A)!m.atr

Summer Games (1984)(Epyx)(US)(Side B)!.atr

Summer Games (1984)(Epyx)(US)(Side A)ap.atr

Summer Games (1984)(Epyx)(US)(Side B)a.atr

• Like 4

Interesting. Yesterday I used a8cas-convert with my old tapes (pirates).

I found a hacked version by Iljor.

Thanks. I thought I made a tape adaptation, but I didn't remember for sure. Getting too old, LOL.

I need to find all my tape masters ... should be my MULE version among others there ...

I also saw one version that had 'Number of joysticks' in the list at position 4 which on all the other versions I have is 'See World Records'...Beta? Hack?

There are two disk versions. On the earlier one you indeed can't select the number of joysticks and there is another minor difference that I don't remember right now.

Many years ago I asked if it was possible to have a disk version of Summer Games without records.

I've found versions with hi-scores too high to beat or unbeatable because they have strange letters saved in it.

Someone has a clean version?

I think I have seen the older disk versions clean, with the original high score (it is not blank from factory). I'm not sure I've seen an unmodified dump of the newer version.

• Like 1

Try these.

The !-version is a crack of Farb's ATX, the a-version is a modified version of Atarimania's.

I would also like to know the difference between these two versions except that you have to push the button at the copyright screen of the a-version.

Thanks, yeah, it looks fine (no swimming glitches). Here's one with the records wiped.

Summer Games (no world records) cracked ATX .zip

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 7

I remember the game well..... There was no cracked version back in the day, you needed a ha[[y drive to be able to copy it. Sector 20 was not readable, and a happy was the only thing that would touched it. I walked 1 1/2 miles EACH way in a severe blizzard, and freezing cold temps to get this game from a friend who had a happy drive. That is how bad I wanted it. The crazy things we do when we are kids.

• Like 3

Thanks, yeah, it looks fine (no swimming glitches). Here's one with the records wiped.

attachicon.gifSummer Games (no world records) cracked ATX .zip

This version is great! Have played it, and it works.

There is still an issue though...

It does not want to write High Scores to disk from the parts 4x400M Relay, 100M Dash, Freestyle Relay and 100M Freestyle.

the other parts (Pole Vault, Platform Diving, Gymnastics and Skeet Shooting) are saved though.

Any suggestions how to fix this before I 'dive' into this...?

Thanks

Marius

• Like 1

Ok

Fixed it.

Well not really.

Some games do not allow the score to be reset. Unfortunately we do not know yet (is this actually true?) what the original scores where when the disk was sent out by the software company.

(Does the cart give this insight information?)

I did reset all the scores now to an almost impossible low (points) or high (time) with a general name John Doe.

I guess it is possible and fun to get your own score now. Well it must be in reach to master all the games now and get a better result than the score in the current high score list :D

I'll write a little tool to reset any score you want (so you will not have to reset all scores at the same time), but that will take some time. It's not hard, but I lack any free time ;)

Greetz

Marius

Summer Games cracked ATX - with reset scores John Doe.zip

Edited by ProWizard
  • Like 6