IGNORED

Where did chat option go?

I remember seeing about a week ago or less an option up top for Chat and now it is gone. Anyone know what happened to it. At the time it said I couldn't use it because not enough posts but now that I have over 100 it is gone. Not a huge deal to me was just wondering though.

• Like 3

The company that makes the forum software (Invision) dropped support for the Chat application, and heir chat servers went offline on May 1st. I had forgotten about this until they went down. This means I would need to implement a third-party chat solution to add any type of chat back to AtariAge. This is made more difficult by the fact that we aren't running the current version of the forum software yet, and third-party support is naturally covering the newer version of the software. On top of that, I'm pretty busy at the moment with several other projects, so I don't have much time to devote to setting up another chat solution right now.

So, chat will be gone for the short-term, but I do plan on bringing it back at some point. And it should be much better than the feature-poor chat we were using.

..Al

• Like 13

I missed Mania TV's chat when it went. It was a really fast and populated video chat forum that followed the Mania TV crew that were really creative actor types. Tom Green eventually jumped in from his home in the U.S. and they worked in the chatters while live.

Anyway. A chat room where we could video chat with each other would be extra dope.

One of the first things I did then was play with lightsabers which look like real ones on low res webcams.

They were creative then and would say things like "I'mma eat me a Chinny Mcnugget" to this girl named Chinny who was really cute and bright and talk about phallic book slamming masochism. I think they dumped the video chat because it became an interrelated community that didn't need Mania TV to function, so was expendable. Maybe their guys stopped supported chat.

yea that's what I want, considering dick pic's already been passed around in normal java chat, is a dope video chat with 19 links on every message and a dumbass emoji, it's the shiznat

its not needed and not used by the vast majority of people here, need proof, see this thread where 8, which one is the admin, so 7 out of how many thousand people even noticed it was gone

ps i am pretty sure the village bbs people love refugees as it's intended as a southern Florida microgroup of arcade nerds, they sure as shit didnt like it when 4 of us was on there 2 years ago

besides I am sure billy can find an outlet how obama ruined his entire life over 100 watt light bulbs and how SSG is just in absolute HELL cause his teacher makes him learn something, somewhere where its appropriate

fact is the majority of the time the chat room is just non choherent ranting by morons who spend all their time and money on vidia games and blame everyone else for their issues, its a cest pit

~osgeld

chatroom user darn near daily since 2013

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 1

Come to irc, we would love to have you ;)

http://urql.com/atari@irc

yea that's what I want, considering dick pic's already been passed around in normal java chat, is a dope video chat with 19 links on every message and a dumbass emoji, it's the shiznat

its not needed and not used by the vast majority of people here, need proof, see this thread where 8, which one is the admin, so 7 out of how many thousand people even noticed it was gone

ps i am pretty sure the village bbs people love refugees as it's intended as a southern Florida microgroup of arcade nerds, they sure as shit didnt like it when 4 of us was on there 2 years ago

besides I am sure billy can find an outlet how obama ruined his entire life over 100 watt light bulbs and how SSG is just in absolute HELL cause his teacher makes him learn something, somewhere where its appropriate

fact is the majority of the time the chat room is just non choherent ranting by morons who spend all their time and money on vidia games and blame everyone else for their issues, its a cest pit

~osgeld

~osgeld

actually the chatroom here was really good IMO

• Like 3

Oh hey, guess I'm going to irc then. I'm already there 24/7 anyway (other servers, of course), another server won't hurt.

Anyway. A chat room where we could video chat with each other would be extra dope.

Google hangout. You're literally describing a google hangout.

(Not sure if discord does that? Maybe it does...)

I've expressed multiple times my interest to create an Atari server on Discord (it's like Skype but offers multiple text and voice channels so you can organize the Atari server into different sub-channels dedicated to Atari 2600, 5200, etc, and have multiple voice channels on-call at the same time) but I have not heard any interest.

• Like 1

I've expressed multiple times my interest to create an Atari server on Discord (it's like Skype but offers multiple text and voice channels so you can organize the Atari server into different sub-channels dedicated to Atari 2600, 5200, etc, and have multiple voice channels on-call at the same time) but I have not heard any interest.

Great idea!

Sent from my phrenologists waiting room.

• Like 1

OK I made it. Please come join us (though it's just me at the moment).

https://discord.gg/vahEzfK

Currently have channels for anything Atari, the 3 Atari home systems, the 8-bit computers, the Lynx and Jaguar, a highscore competition channel, a retrogaming general channel, off topic, programming an ideas channel, and one for the Flashback series.

• Like 4

I would sometimes hop into the chat room if I saw more than 2 or 3 people in it because whenever I joined with 1 person or so, those people were always AFK. Some of the time there were nice conversations related to games. Sometimes there weren't. It really depended on who entered into the chat room. A chat room is a nice feature to still have later on down the road, although it'd be nice if more than 4-6 regulars were in there at a higher frequency. Not a lot of people seem to use the chat system, which was too bad, but when the right people were on in the chat lobby, it was good conversation. Evenings and nights were better as far as US times went to see more activity. When concerning video chat, it's not a good idea since things always get far more abused with that form of communication and it also requires much more bandwidth. Voice might be the next best acceptable thing to text, text being the best form, providing no one is playing awful music 24/7 over their mic.

Damn ! I wanted to ask a question. I'll just ask here. Maybe someone can help me. I was looking for this updated Rampage project I heard about for the Atari 7800 but Cannot locate any roms of the work in progress. I would like to get some footage if it exists for my new video, Let's Compare ( Rampage ) on my youtube channel. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Damn ! I wanted to ask a question. I'll just ask here. Maybe someone can help me. I was looking for this updated Rampage project I heard about for the Atari 7800 but Cannot locate any roms of the work in progress. I would like to get some footage if it exists for my new video, Let's Compare ( Rampage ) on my youtube channel. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

7800 Rampage Graphics Hack

Or all of the 7800 Home Brews or Hacks can be found right here.