IGNORED

Collector's Box Edition of RAIN OF TERROR... with Joystick Support!

*** NOW AVAILABLE !!! ***

Special Collector's Box Edition of Rain of Terror... with Joystick support !! :-D :-D :-D

By popular request, Rain of Terror now includes Joystick support !!

(also still supports the original Paddle experience as well of course)

Rob and I have also made some other minor enhancements to the game.

This updated version with Joystick support is available now as a physically-packaged Collector's Box Edition including:

- Custom full-color Collector's Box (illustrated front+back and inside)

- Illustrated User’s manual

- Program disk with printed label and disk sleeve:

• Side 1: Rain of Terror (New Joystick + Paddle version)
  • Side 2: Bonus material

- Each limited box and disk is printed with a unique serial number

- Some additional surprise items will be included in the box, just for fun

post-38281-0-16993800-1494222381_thumb.jpgpost-38281-0-95113200-1494222428_thumb.jpg

post-38281-0-90144300-1494222421_thumb.jpg

For a limited time: While supplies last, the Collector's Box Edition will feature a very cool BLUE floppy disk!

$28 USD plus shipping from the USA.

To order or get a shipping quote: PM me on AtariAge, or you can email me at erichennekeATgmailDOTcom

Thanks!!!

-Eric

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

The table wobbling with all that Atari goodness on it scared the crap out of me... and then seeing how close disks and drives are to television and speakers, like that marshal amp scared more!

Nice video though!

Ha ! That's funny.

Actually, I crammed everything together temporarily to get that angle to show the game being played with the joystick in the foreground. That's not my "normal" set-up! That little IKEA table was starting to make me nervous too. :-o

As for the TV and the amplifier, those are actually quite a bit further back/away but it doesn't look that way in the video I guess. It's a 20 inch TV and a big Marshall amp, so the perspective is just playing tricks. Now that I watch it again, you are right, it looks like it is closer than it really is.

-Eric

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

looks great....but the customs in germany make always

problems....so i do not order one....

What kind of trouble is that ?

No offense but in _some_ regards things haven't changed much in about 70 years time in Germany.........I've read about extremely strict customs problems in Germany more often.

Over here in The Netherlands you will not get charged or have customs even interfere if: the item is worth less than 22 euro's because you are allowed to import something of this value without any charges.

However, if someone sends the item without any bill or indicates it as a GIFT on the shipping form, there's is NO trouble here, even with higher values indicated. The reason is customs can't prove you actually bought the item.

The only times I had to pay customs taxes and charges when I bought from companies who insisted on putting the correct amount on the form AND did not ship it as a gift AND put a huge bill on the outside of the package. But from what's I've read there is always a customs charge for anything you receive from outside the EU in Germany, is that correct ?

If you want to order it, have it shipped to me in The Netherlands and I can forward it to you. Shipments within the EU are no problem AFAIK. It's also just a few euros to ship it from The Netherlands to Germany.

• Like 3

Now THIS is how you release a new game for an ancient computer platform in these times.

Make the game available for download for those who just want to play the game and on the side release a boxed version with a professional looking box, professionally printed manual and a nice physical format for those who love to collect and all of this for a reasonable amount of money. The label on the floppy.....the "joystick support "star" stickers....and it looks like there's even more included ?) it's all amazing and totally captures the look and feel of how games were packed and promoted BITD.

This looks a lot more tempting than those cartridge only releases by some other developers, who threaten you to not try to copy their game, put it in a used cartridge shell with a shabby ink-jet printed label on it (which is printed with either low ink tank level or in the "save ink" mode), include a single Xeroxed A4 (oh no, letter format) sheet of paper with only some black printed text on it and throw it in a plastic bag as a "packing" AND ask 50 bucks for it.

You have added value to the game with a great looking box and manual, a very nice looking label on the floppy ......and how on earth did you find those cool blue floppies in 2017 ? :):)

Any well done, I really really like it. Oh and the game is "simple" but a LOT. Of fun quick paced action especially with the paddle controller.

Too bad I've been spending most of my A8 budget on hardware stuff this X-mas season....I'm VERY tempted to order it.

Secretly I also love that you release it on floppy only too. Those who ask for cartridge versions should buy a real floppy disk drive.....to get that original classic COMPUTER feeling,

You also score points for that awesome rack of floppy drives and CRT monitor/TV.

I wouldn't worry too much. My floppy drives have been sitting right next to CRT devices for the last three decades. I've head floppies scattered about everywhere and even on the monitor/TVs. The Marshall might be a bit more of a risk especesially whrn turned on ;)

Edited by Level42
  • Like 2

Thanks for the question "IndusGT", and for the nice feedback "Level42";

Currently all of the copies of the Rain of Terror Collector's Box Edition physical packaging have been sold out.

However, if there is enough interest (and some patience) we can start another production run.

To make sense to do another production batch we'd need to know there is demand for at least 8 more copies.

Also, (and this is the more "touchy" part of the news I must deliver here)... the price will need to go up. :(

This was a lesson learned from the previous production runs, and it is just a fact. It costs more to produce each of these than originally expected! We are not looking to make money on these, but it doesn't make sense to lose money on each copy sold either!

So for the next production batch it would need to be $40 USD per copy, plus shipping.

For international shipping from the US, it is quite expensive (another unfortunate fact). However, I have found that 3 or 4 copies can be shipped together (probably even more) at the same rate as compared to one copy. So that is something to keep in mind if you want multiple copies to give away or sell, or if you want to team up with some other Atarians in your local area to make a combined purchase to reduce the shipping cost per unit.

Anyway, that's the current status. We can definitely produce more if there is enough interest at the $40 price.

You can post your interest here, or send me a personal message if you are more comfortable doing that.

Thanks for playing our games!

-Eric and Rob

• Like 2

Thanks for the question "IndusGT", and for the nice feedback "Level42";

Currently all of the copies of the Rain of Terror Collector's Box Edition physical packaging have been sold out.

However, if there is enough interest (and some patience) we can start another production run.

To make sense to do another production batch we'd need to know there is demand for at least 8 more copies.

Also, (and this is the more "touchy" part of the news I must deliver here)... the price will need to go up. :(

This was a lesson learned from the previous production runs, and it is just a fact. It costs more to produce each of these than originally expected! We are not looking to make money on these, but it doesn't make sense to lose money on each copy sold either!

So for the next production batch it would need to be $40 USD per copy, plus shipping.

For international shipping from the US, it is quite expensive (another unfortunate fact). However, I have found that 3 or 4 copies can be shipped together (probably even more) at the same rate as compared to one copy. So that is something to keep in mind if you want multiple copies to give away or sell, or if you want to team up with some other Atarians in your local area to make a combined purchase to reduce the shipping cost per unit.

Anyway, that's the current status. We can definitely produce more if there is enough interest at the $40 price.

You can post your interest here, or send me a personal message if you are more comfortable doing that.

Thanks for playing our games!

-Eric and Rob

I like other people , i'm sure, like physical copies, you can put me down for 1 copy towards the next batch, should it come to fruition.

• Like 1

Looks great! What about a native Trak-Ball support option? It looks like the game play experience could be enhanced by it...

Edited:

Come to think of it, if the game was ported to the 5200, the native mode would be the [analog] "paddle" mode which could be used with the CX52 joystick whether it was kept as a joystick or modded into a 5200 paddle controller, and the "joystick" mode would be for those hooking up digital joysticks to the Mighty 52. Trak-Ball mode would be highly sought after for use with the awesome CX53 Trak-Ball. And AtariAge could make the cartridges, if you wanted... :)

Edited by Lynxpro