IGNORED

Polybius!

Man, I just DLd the new Llamasoft game, Polybius. Goddamn. I was a huge fan of T2K, T3K, and Defender 2000, but the later stuff (Space Giraffe in particular) didn't do much for me. This game is killer. It takes me back to those first few times playing T2K and just being blown away by all the stuff going on. I haven't figured it out yet but got to level three and am loving it. It reminds me of a mix of Stun Runner, Race the Sun, and T2K. Well worth checking out. I don't have a VR set up, so can't speak to that, but it sounds delightful. Anyone else try it out and have any thoughts or tips?

I grabbed it last night. No VR here so I was happy they made it work on a plain PS4 (they had originally planned it as VR only).

There are several low res screens warning about the trippy graphics, which is funny. Are you sure? Are you really really sure?

Gameplay is very fast, and unlike Space Giraffe, very obvious and intuitive. There's a "tutorial" pop up that says something to the effect of "do what feels right."

I'll be interested to see a mainstream review, because the graphics, while fast and busy, are VERY blocky and Atari-like. That's something I adore, but it's not for everyone, especially at almost sixteen dollars.

I hope it does well and I recommend a purchase if you like this kind of thing. I'm still stinging from Llamasoft walking away from mobile games, where I thought they shone especially brightly, but didn't make any money.

yeah, it looks like stun runner, mixed with blaster and a little bit of star wars arcade.

actually the graphics aren't as psychedelic as i thought they would be. rez and children of eden were trippier.

i think he could have done a lot more with them, however he deliberately kept them lo-fi retro looking.

the worst part is the music isn't that great. i still listen to the tempest 2k soundtrack to this day.

later