IGNORED

Stupidly EXPENSIVE & Rare PlayStation 1 (PS1) Games

Radical Reggie shows us the most rare and expensive games for the PS1. Reggie owns an impressive collection of North American and Import Playstation 1 games.

Games Shown:

Suikoden II
Tales of Destiny I & II
Brigandine
Tail Concerto
R-Type Delta
The Misadventures of Tron Bonne
Psychic Detective
Starblade Alpha
Harmful Park
Gaia Seed: Project Seed Trap
The Adventure of Little Ralph
Kyuin
PlayStation 1 collecting is all over the chart when it comes to prices. Most games are still $5-$10...but you have those few that are insanely priced!

Add a few more to the list like.

Lunar Boxed Set

Einhander

Klonoa

Jojo's

It does seem odd since its not like most of these were not mass produced but its almost just no one cared about them so they fell on the way side until later.

I am so glad I picked up Einhander a few years ago for a reasonable price (i.e. $40)

I am so glad I picked up Einhander a few years ago for a reasonable price (i.e. $40)

I had it but when I was choosing what to keep I got rid of it. Instead I kept my Saturn stuff ie. Panzer Dragoon Saga, Magic Knight Rayearth. Those are more painful than PS1 games to try to get again so at the end of the day its sad but good to know a better choice was made. I can honestly say I think we all made bad choices back in the day.

Good video BTW but isn't hanging out with Reggie like emptying your wallet?

I was at a thrift store a few years ago and they got a bunch of ps1 games that day and even a few sealed games. I looked over them and for some reason had the impression that ps1 games weren't worth anything so I left. When I got home I checked prices online... holy shit I have never got in my car and drove so fast the 30 minutes back to the thrift store.

For $15 each got Valkery Profile and Strider 2 CIBs, and sealed MGS, Tales of Destiny II, Mega Man x4?, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Parasite Eve II and some others. There's no greater sin in the collecting world then not recognizing a great deal. Got lucky I didn't lose it or I would of kicked myself for the rest of my days.

I holy shit I have never got in my car and drove so fast the 30 minutes back to the thrift store.

I'm still kicking myself for passing on Rule of Rose for PS2 at Gamestop a few years ago.. I knew nothing about the game, but I had a feeling it might be collectable... But did I move on that impulse!? No...

Watched the vid yesterday; as always, great stuff! It also hit me right in the feels, because some of PS1 collection ended up underwater in a flood about 7 years ago. I saved all of the games, but the labels and instruction manuals got wet. :(

Among the ones that DIDN'T get wet were some ones mentioned above, like Starblade Alpha, Klonoa, and Einhander, so not all was lost!

• Like 2

The spyro games in reasonable condition sure are high. I need new ones since all my psx stuff got stolen a few months back. Its one of the few I still played regularly but for what it would cost to replace them I don't know if I will :(

And their not rare...I didn't think.

Edited by Video

I really need to go through my PS1 collection and see what I still have. I know I have a few expensive ones like Lunar 1 & 2 complete in the large box (although missing a few pieces) and some other desirable like SOTN, Castlevania Chronicles, and Metal Slug X. Since I have a modded PSX I don't need the originals so now may be the time to sell.

Diablo is in that middle range of $40-$50 PS1 games... not super expensive...but also sought after because it's so unusual for a console port.

I remember my ex kept asking me to find that game, despite me buying her the diablo box set that she can easily run on her laptop for weekend grind sessions.

Back when the Game Crazy chain was doing its 3 for $15 Classic Plastic sale to get rid of all pre-ps2 games, me and my sister had plans to go to a slightly out of town location & see what they had. First she overslept. Then she had to pick up her boyfriend from work. Then the car blew a tire. It was late afternoon by the time everything was taken care of. She asked me, "you still wanna go?" and I said YES. And boy am I glad I did. I got:

Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (currently around $25-30)

Vagrant Story (about the same)

and Suikoden 2. :)

I distinctly remember not actually setting that one on the counter, just kind of holding it out by the counter, for fear of the clerk going "oh, that's not actually for sale". I was not giving that up!

I also got my Tail Concerto during that sale too- but that was back before anyone really cared.

Edited by HoshiChiri

I was thinking of my PS1 collection after my last post, and how it was the first console I collected for with conscious thought that games would actually be rare and desirable down the road. Aside from Einhander and Starblade, I bought quite a few games with that in mind. Some of them I hit on, and some were misses. Some examples:

Space Griffon VF-9: It was one of the close-to-launch titles being hyped in magazines, and it looked super cool. Cross between a first person dungeon crawler RPG and a mech shooter, and looked great at the time. Picked it up for dirt cheap (along with Starblade, Viewpoint, and Descent long box games) at K-B Toys on clearance. It's an Atlus game and rare, so I figured it would be worth a ton. Hanging right around $40 now.

Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete: I bought my copy at Walmart for $39. I played it for a bit and put it back in the box and on the shelf. I never opened the other stuff, like the figure standees and that stuff. I'd imagine that will be worth something now.

Klonoa: Bought it when it was listed as a "Hidden Gem" by some publications, and paid $20 at GameStop. I actually bought the 2nd one before the first. Great games, and both of them have held their value.

Driver: I picked up a sealed copy, a Greatest Hits copy at that, for $2.97 at Sears back in the day. Thinking that since it was such a revolutionary game, I left it on the shelf, never to open it. It's probably worth $2.97 now. :lolblue: Price Charting has it at about $25 sealed, but I find that hard to believe.

• Like 1

Driver: I picked up a sealed copy, a Greatest Hits copy at that, for $2.97 at Sears back in the day. Thinking that since it was such a revolutionary game, I left it on the shelf, never to open it. It's probably worth $2.97 now. :lolblue: Price Charting has it at about $25 sealed, but I find that hard to believe.

If you look at sold listings on Ebay, there were three recently: $16.99, $19.99 and $32.85... all Greatest Hits version sealed. So... Price Charting may be right.

** Wait. Nevermind...that was Driver 2 Greatest Hits sealed. Need more coffee ;)

Edited by Metal Jesus

I bought a few rare (if not especially desirable) PlayStation games because they looked interesting and the price was reasonable -- these included Team Buddies and Tail of the Sun.

Somewhere I have a sealed copy of Tempest X3. Oddly, the sealed game is further packaged inside of a Zellers' store blister pack -- I have never see this type of extra packaging on a PlayStation game before.

I have utterly no idea what it's worth; I am more a fan of RPGs than action games, so I am in no hurry to open it.