IGNORED

RamFAST Boot up

dj_sudo

My "new" IIgs has a RamFAST SCSI card installed with a lot of other goodies. I've never seen this card before. The system starts up and I'm greeted with these screens. Nothing I do seems to allow me to boot - open to suggestions at this point, it's been about 29 years since I last touched a II series computer.post-52033-0-01328400-1494632291_thumb.jpg

post-52033-0-26636200-1494632319_thumb.jpg

post-52033-0-75836600-1494632377_thumb.jpg

So the RAMFast doesn't seem to want to save its configuration. Every time I save and reboot the next boot I'm greeted with "Incompatible Configuration Data."

Worse, I tried to partition the Connor 40mb drive in the SCSI Expander. First shot got a Fatal Memory Error with no code. Shut down, reseated the chips on the board, tried again. This time it was an MLI Error 2F. I gather that could mean anything. Cabling, termination, bad drive, who knows. I'm going to try again with a known good external drive and see whether I see any improvement.

Edited by dj_sudo

Looks like it's a plain old dead drive. Shame, the old Conner 40mb laptop drives are getting pricey. Partitioned and installed to an external Fujitsu 230MB MO drive with absolutely no trouble. Got a disk stuck in the UniDisk and had to disassemble it to clean the eject mechanism. That part, at least, is the same as old Mac!