IGNORED

S.E.U.C.K. STE Version

• 1 month later...

Have you tried the version on Automation CD 242? ftp://ftp.cs.tu-berlin.de/pub/atari/games/Automation/A_242.ST

There are also 3 versions in TOSEC (search in the page for "Shoot'Em Up Construction Kit") http://ia801904.us.archive.org/zipview.php?zip=/34/items/Atari_ST_TOSEC_2012_04_23/Atari_ST_TOSEC_2012_04_23.zip

You could try those on an emulator first to see if they work and then transfer them to disk if they do.

• 11 months later...
Hi everybody!

I have an original and functioning S.E.U.C.K from GBH

It would be a pleasure to preserve it and share it so that the community can use it, but I would need help or instructions on how to do it.

On the other hand, I would love to collaborate on a game made with this tool for Atari St, so if someone wants to team up, I would be happy to work on it.

I have some experience as a game designer and pixel artist, so it would be great to find a programmer to make a game together.

Regards!

Hi everybody!
I have an original and functioning S.E.U.C.K from GBH
It would be a pleasure to preserve it and share it so that the community can use it, but I would need help or instructions on how to do it.
On the other hand, I would love to collaborate on a game made with this tool for Atari St, so if someone wants to team up, I would be happy to work on it.
I have some experience as a game designer and pixel artist, so it would be great to find a programmer to make a game together.
Regards!

To preserve it you need as best solution: working Atari with good floppy drive. Then can make Pasti STX images - important if there is copy protection.

So, first tell us what you have at hand: what Atari, what floppy drive, is there some hard disk attached ? Do you have PC with internal floppy drive ?

I have an Atari 1040STe with working floppy drive, but I don't know the floppy drive model.
There's no hard disk attached and I don't have my PC with internal floppy here, although maybe I can get one. I'm out of my place during this year and I didn't bring my old PC with me.

:grin: :grin: :grin: I brought my laptop with windows 10 too, but unfortunately it doesn't work with the external floppy... it can't read 720kb disks.

Are you sure? I have a little USB external floppy and Windows won't FORMAT a 720K disk, but if I format it on my Atari, the USB drive will READ and WRITE to it just fine. Make sure you give that a shot.

This is approx. 1000th time that I read same talk related with Atari floppy preservation. The key problem here is how to transfer Atari SW floppy images to Internet - which btw. must be not 720KB format. 800KB was more used, for instance. USB external floppy solutions are just limited, made for usual formats used with PCs. Some can handle only 1.44 MB disks,

First step: determine exact format of floppies: use Desktop Disk Info for that .

Making images on Atari self: if not copy protected probably not necessary - may be enough to just copy files, keeping track on which floppy what files are.

Transfer to PC is possible with PARCP - parallel cable . Of course, today parallel port on PC is problem, but there is solution with USB on PC side. In any case, it needs some investment.

What is free is to find some PC with internal drive and use this SW: http://atari.8bitchip.info/floimgd.php

Just to add that there must be lot if it around, most probably not used anymore. For instance, I have in my home 3 fixed little older PCs - with 2,6 GHz P4, 1.8 GHz Semprons (approx same speed), 1GB RAM, which run well Win 7. Good for Internet too . I can not sell them - nobody wants those slow single core machines, while I asking less than what hard disks self in them cost by resellers. (20 Euros) . So, I will rather keep them instead to give for free - as some reseller expects. They can be of use in some situations. Like floppy imaging - all 3 have internal floppy port, and there are parallel and serial ports too.

I can ship one of them to US if someone willing to pay shipping costs :-D

Edited by ParanoidLittleMan

Like ParanoidLittleMan wrote, I think USB floppy drives may not work with FloImg software to copy your disk (if the disk format is not standard).

To format the disk in 720kb in Windows 7 and up you need to use the CMD: format a: /f:720 or format a: /t:80 /n:9

I'm not sure which Windows version removed the ability to format 720kb disks from GUI, may work from command line.

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, noclafirata said:

Thanks, for the seuck ste file, I found out it crashes on the background edit screen if your STE has 4 megs of ram. I had to use a program to reduce ram to 1 MB. It was on the 8bitchip site.

I don't remember to have any crash in my 4mb STE. Maybe that crash has more to do with the TOS you use than with the amount of memory?

Anyway I'll try it again asap to double check.