IGNORED

The shape of my collection to come..

Keatah

Currently my Apple II stuff sits at about 2 garages worth of stuff. My goal, before this decade is out, is to have returned to the roots of the collection. To enjoy the essence of II computing, curation, nostalgia, and sentimentality.

Shortly summarized, the final result will be the original stuff I bought myself when I was a kid:

1- My original //e, Platinum //e, II+, and IIgs

2- Original Disk II drives, Micromodem, AppleCat II, Grappler+, Epson MX 80

3- Original controllers, clock, Mountain Music System, Videx boards, Microbuffer

4- Original RamCard, 64k/80column card, Sider 10MB HDD, monitors, books

5- All the original manuals and store-bought software, koala pad, carrying cases

6- A big box of spare parts, cables, fittings, and catch-all

The precise list of keeper stuff will be based on date, how often it "shows up" in nostalgia attacks, whether it is useful today, and whether it brings backs good vibes of the day. Nothing was more exciting than to make a trip in gramma's car to a computer show, Compu-Shop, Data-Domain, or Northbrook Computers, to discover a new interface card or piece of software from Sirius or Br0derbund. Play games and run the BBS.

I finally cut the amount of Apple /// stuff down to size. The rest is going soon. And I find that nearly all my "Apple II" activities revolve around the material listed above. Material I had when I was a kid.

It's a long time coming.

One day I will do something similar with my Commodores. But I am actually taking a break from Commodore anyway and exploring other brands. It is fascinating to learn a new 8-bit system at my age. I have one toe in the Apple waters with an Apple IIc+ and have a IIgs waiting to be hooked up. I look forward to exploring them.

• Like 1

Currently my Apple II stuff sits at about 2 garages worth of stuff. My goal, before this decade is out, is to have returned to the roots of the collection. To enjoy the essence of II computing, curation, nostalgia, and sentimentality.

Shortly summarized, the final result will be the original stuff I bought myself when I was a kid:

1- My original //e, Platinum //e, II+, and IIgs

2- Original Disk II drives, Micromodem, AppleCat II, Grappler+, Epson MX 80

3- Original controllers, clock, Mountain Music System, Videx boards, Microbuffer

4- Original RamCard, 64k/80column card, Sider 10MB HDD, monitors, books

5- All the original manuals and store-bought software, koala pad, carrying cases

6- A big box of spare parts, cables, fittings, and catch-all

The precise list of keeper stuff will be based on date, how often it "shows up" in nostalgia attacks, whether it is useful today, and whether it brings backs good vibes of the day. Nothing was more exciting than to make a trip in gramma's car to a computer show, Compu-Shop, Data-Domain, or Northbrook Computers, to discover a new interface card or piece of software from Sirius or Br0derbund. Play games and run the BBS.

I finally cut the amount of Apple /// stuff down to size. The rest is going soon. And I find that nearly all my "Apple II" activities revolve around the material listed above. Material I had when I was a kid.

It's a long time coming.

When you begin to downsize, keep me in mind for a few items. :)

• Like 1