IGNORED

Atari 7800 1984 Style Replacement Cartridge Label Bundle

pboland

Atari 7800 1984 Style Replacement Cartridge Label Bundle

Back in 1984 the Atari 7800 was originally planned for release. The cartridge labels at that time had a very unique and modern look. Unfortunately when the 7800 was finally released two years later Atari did not end up using that style of label. To this day many collectors consider the 1984 label style to be far superior then what Atari actually released.

post-9874-0-28624600-1494965252_thumb.jpg
15 different titles in this bundle! (as show above)
With that in mind I decided to recreate the 1984 style cart labels for 15 different titles. Each title includes two metallic labels. One for the face of the cartridge and one for the end of the cartridge. These labels sell for $6.00 per title individually, but if you buy all fifteen of them together the price is only $65.00 (plus shipping). This makes each title less than $4.50.
This special bundle price will only be available till June 16th (2017). After that the price goes back to $6.00 per title.
Until June 16 (2017) each Set of fifteen Labels is $65.00 USD plus shipping. Shipping inside the U.S.A. will be USPS Priority Mail $7.00. Shipping to Canada is First Class International mail USPS $12.00. Shipping anywhere else in the world is $22.00. I only accept payment via PayPal. The stated shipping cost is for up to 2 sets. Any more than that will require more shipping.
TO ORDER:
PM me with the subject line "1984 Style Replacement Labels" and state how many sets you wish to order and what country it will be shipped to. Be sure to include your PayPal email address in your PM. This is so I can send you an invoice. I'm making these on demand so I will need one week turn around to put orders together. Once your order is ready to go I will invoice you. Then when the invoice is paid, I should have your order in the mail within 24-36 hours (not including weekends/holidays).
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask. Thanks!
post-9874-0-01298500-1494965278.jpg
This is an example of what the labels will look like. Please keep in mind that it is difficult to capture foil labels in pictures do to the reflective nature of the surface.
Remember this offer is for labels only. No cartridges/games are included in this offer.
Edited by pboland
  • Like 5

Nice! If I was collecting for the looks, I would go with this set. I am more of game player than collector and would just settle with a flash card for everything. Now if someone were to make a metallic label for 7800 SD cart, I'm still waiting to get one eventually. And maybe one for 2600 Harmony that matches the 2600 silver label releases of mid 80s before Atari 2600 went red label along with the fun is back advertisement.

Nice! If I was collecting for the looks, I would go with this set. I am more of game player than collector and would just settle with a flash card for everything. Now if someone were to make a metallic label for 7800 SD cart, I'm still waiting to get one eventually. And maybe one for 2600 Harmony that matches the 2600 silver label releases of mid 80s before Atari 2600 went red label along with the fun is back advertisement.

I created a set of labels with a metallic like look for the Mateos 16-1 carts. Both full size and half size depending on if you cut the cart or not to fit it in there. Be cool to see if on an actual metallic label though! I'm also planning on getting a set of these, but will have to wait a bit. Also I would love to have an actual set of the games with these labels?! But I haven't enough dupes in my collection to do this.

• Like 1

Four sets sold so far.

Remember, only until June 16 (2017) each Set of fifteen Labels is $65.00 USD plus shipping. After that the price jumps back up.

Make sure you order yours before the price goes back up. :)

Edited by pboland

I forgot to ask. I am assuming these are pre-cut? Correct? Mine show they will be here tomorrow! Can't wait. I was able to pick up dupes of all the arcade titles I want to use these on over the past 2 days except for the DK's. But I will be patient and get them eventually.

I forgot to ask. I am assuming these are pre-cut? Correct? Mine show they will be here tomorrow! Can't wait. I was able to pick up dupes of all the arcade titles I want to use these on over the past 2 days except for the DK's. But I will be patient and get them eventually.

Good question.

Yes, all labels that I make are pre-cut to the proper dimensions to fit the carts they are designed for. Just make sure that you clean your carts well and then it is just peel and stick.

Be sure to post a couple pics of your carts when you get a chance.

• Like 1

I have never done this type of project. I am assuming a hair dryer or conservative use of a heat gun is the best way to loosen up the old labels. Any other tips for this project. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never done this type of project. I am assuming a hair dryer or conservative use of a heat gun is the best way to loosen up the old labels. Any other tips for this project. Thanks again.

Hair dryer is a good idea, but I would also have some goo gone as well. That will get all the old adhesive off the cart (that doesn't come off with the hair dryer method). After using goo gone be sure to wipe down the label area with glass cleaner to get any of the oily residue that is left behind from the goo gone.

Edited by pboland
  • Like 1

ce6ae172155c84731fbabaf8c7d93748.jpg

803b3316ce7f58ba23f45bba8142b0a3.jpg

Another BUMP and a RAVING Review. These things are beautiful. The pictures don't do them justice. If you are sitting on the fence jump off and send your money. [emoji1360][emoji857]

When I get around to removing labels I will take some more pics. Before and after.

I got mine today and stuck 'em on, nearly got high off Goo Gone in the process but it was worth it.

Qz3uVeh.jpg

I am basically doing the same "Arcade" set. I found all the dupes I needed this week except for DK and DKJR. Did you just use Goo Gone or combo heat and GG?

I used a heat gun to peel the labels off, then used Goo Gone to get the remaining glue off and then glass cleaner to get the Goo Gone residue off. However I got a little overzealous with the heat gun on Xevious and slightly warped the cart while getting the label off (!).

• Like 1

I used a heat gun to peel the labels off, then used Goo Gone to get the remaining glue off and then glass cleaner to get the Goo Gone residue off. However I got a little overzealous with the heat gun on Xevious and slightly warped the cart while getting the label off (!).

Good to know. I will be very careful with the heat gun.

Just a small reminder: :)
This special bundle price will only be available till June 16th (2017). After that the price goes back to $6.00 per title.
Until June 16 (2017) each Set of fifteen Labels is $65.00 USD plus shipping. Shipping inside the U.S.A. will be USPS Priority Mail $7.00. Shipping to Canada is First Class International mail USPS $12.00. Shipping anywhere else in the world is $22.00. I only accept payment via PayPal. The stated shipping cost is for up to 2 sets. Any more than that will require more shipping.
TO ORDER:
PM me with the subject line "1984 Style Replacement Labels" and state how many sets you wish to order and what country it will be shipped to. Be sure to include your PayPal email address in your PM. This is so I can send you an invoice. I'm making these on demand so I will need one week turn around to put orders together. Once your order is ready to go I will invoice you. Then when the invoice is paid, I should have your order in the mail within 24-36 hours (not including weekends/holidays).

If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask. Thanks!