IGNORED

Coleco strong-arming homebrew publishers and fan sites

TPR

How sad. They used Ben Heck's portable (which they had no involvement in) to purchase the Coleco trademark; they've harassed hombrew developers and gamers alike for using the Coleco logo; and now they're buying Twitter/Facebook followers to create a false sense of progression (and security) for their 'shell' company on Social Media. I haven't seen this company do anything honest or positive since this entire debacle started. SMH

Their days are numbered in the retro community, whether they want to believe it or not. Good riddance, I say!

Edited for spelling.

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 10

And to think most of the community gave RWB the benefit of the doubt when they got involved with the Chameleon.. But this thread ruined any good perception the retro community had of them.

This thread didn't ruin their reputation, they did. This thread exposed them for what they are!

• Like 11

It was speculated that the Coleco Chameleon Facebook folllowers were largely bought-and-paid-for. Mike Kennedy got the rap, but at this point I'm thinking it could have been either party--or both.

I was just forwarded an email that shows Cardillo & Co are soliciting invites for their fake "ColecoVision Fan" Facebook page...

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-06-12 at 12.33.25.png

It's fine though. As you can see from this data they haven't got a CLUE on how to run a Facebook page or social media...

attachicon.gifcardillo sucks at social media.jpg

The top three pages are the ones I either operate or contribute to, and you can see how well Coleco and *cough* ColecoVision Nation *cough* is doing. This is information that anyone who has a Facebook Page can get so it's not private info by any means. It basically shows that they have no idea what they are doing. Which is par for the course for EVERYTHING that Chris Cardillo does. I would break down even further their mistakes and failures (which is pretty much everything they are doing) but I won't as I don't want to give them any ideas. ;)

Oh, one Pro Tip I will give to Chris Cardillo, it is SOOOOO OBVIOUS when you buy fake Twitter followers! Because when the majority of your ~9k followers look like this:

attachicon.giffake twitter followers are SO obvious chris cardillo.jpg

Anyone who has even the slightest clue about how social media works knows those were all bought from an overseas Twitter user farm, and anyone who knows even less than the slightest clue about social media know YOU DON'T DO THAT if you want anyone to respect you.

I will now sit back and laugh as I continue to watch them struggle on social media....

• Like 1

I'm not sure what you guys expect from someone with the Twitter name @ColecoVision_ (the final underscore is silent)

This made me chuckle a little.

post-2410-0-88610900-1497298519_thumb.png

Maybe it's time for Cardillo to spend more time with his action figures, and RWB/Dormitus to shift its social media savvy back to UnderAlls, Brim, and HandSpring?

• Like 5

It was speculated that the Coleco Chameleon Facebook folllowers were largely bought-and-paid-for. Mike Kennedy got the rap, but at this point I'm thinking it could have been either party--or both.

Well, bear in mind that Mike's shenanigan's started long before Coleco came on board. The RGVS days were all Mike. What's changed now, due to recent events, is that we no longer have any reason to think Coleco was acting in good faith.

In a hypothetical reality where Mike was being pushed along by Cardillo, surely Mike would have thrown Coleco under the bus at the very first opportunity. Instead, he burned through four hardware guys. Even at the end when Coleco asked to see the prototype, Mike was still leaning on that partnership to get to the kickstarter.

Maybe it was both, but that only adds to Mike's blame, it doesn't lessen it.

• Like 6

I'm not sure what you guys expect from someone with the Twitter name @ColecoVision_ (the final underscore is silent)

This made me chuckle a little.

attachicon.gifColecoTwits.png

Maybe it's time for Cardillo to spend more time with his action figures, and RWB/Dormitus to shift its social media savvy back to UnderAlls, Brim, and HandSpring?

OMG! This is hilarious! That pic in the upper left hand corner...that's my photo! lol

lol.jpg

Here's when we posted it on the CV Fan page: https://www.facebook.com/colecovisionfan/photos/a.596216417204818.1073741828.596195503873576/791158484377276/?type=3&permPage=1

Let me re-create it real quick...

IMG_8680.JPG

You know... I do own the ACTUAL COPYRIGHT for that photo since I took it and the content is owned by me...

Hmm...... ;)

• Like 19

Just to clarify, the post I linked to happened in the middle of the "seven day waiting period" where MK had to produce a tangible Chameleon prototype or Coleco would back out of the contract. He was using the RetroVGS Facebook page for the Chameleon.

I have no idea who bought what or if any were bought at all, but I thought it an interesting coincidence. Project in trouble? By followers and drown out the "haters"!

Well, bear in mind that Mike's shenanigan's started long before Coleco came on board. The RGVS days were all Mike.

Edited by PlaysWithWolves
  • Like 1

Just to clarify, the post I linked to happened in the middle of the "seven day waiting period" where MK had to produce a tangible Chameleon prototype or Coleco would back out of the contract.

He was using the RetroVGS Facebook page for the Chameleon.

I have no idea who bought what or if any were bought at all, but I thought it an interesting coincidence. Project in trouble? By followers and drown out the "haters"!

I understand that, but it seems like this would be a great opportunity for Mike to start "clearing his good name" again, and since we have another legit bad actor in Cardillo, it would be easy for someone who hadn't followed the play-by-play to give him some leeway. As such, I think it's worth noting that, while this adds to our knowledge of the Chameleon saga, it doesn't alter any existing facts. Mike, according to all evidence available, was the brains of the operation.

• Like 1

OMG! This is hilarious! That pic in the upper left hand corner...that's my photo! lol

attachicon.giflol.jpg

Here's when we posted it on the CV Fan page: https://www.facebook.com/colecovisionfan/photos/a.596216417204818.1073741828.596195503873576/791158484377276/?type=3&permPage=1

attachicon.gifIMG_8680.JPG

You know... I do own the ACTUAL COPYRIGHT for that photo since I took it and the content is owned by me...

Hmm...... ;)

Unlike Cardillo, you'd actually be in the right for filing a takedown. :)

• Like 2

attachicon.giflol.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_8680.JPG

Hmm...... ;)

Hee hee hee hee Ho ho ho ho! Retweeting the "enemy!"

post-2410-0-61983400-1497300917.png

What's with the smudged out ColecoVision name?

• Like 2

Hee hee hee hee Ho ho ho ho! Retweeting the "enemy!"

attachicon.giftwitter fun.png

What's with the smudged out ColecoVision name?

The smudged Colecovision name is more proof that it's Robb's photo. "The devil is in the details." In this case, the devil's too much of a dumb ass to pay attention to the details. Way to go, Cardillo! You got caught with your hand in the cookie jar yet again.

• Like 1

First use appears to be here, on ColecoVision Fan's Instagram. A winner is you, TPR!

http://www.imgrum.org/media/1260991238642466403_3185892686

13249638_2038984819660203_573492520_n.jp

I don't know how to post a link to a Google Images Search, but you can search by image ... it will find "visually similar images," which you don't want. Pick "other sizes" and you'll see a bunch of times this was replicated on Pinterest and a few other places.

Somehow I don't think TPR would have blurred out the logos when this was taken.

• Like 3

First use appears to be here, on ColecoVision Fan's Instagram. A winner is you, TPR!

http://www.imgrum.org/media/1260991238642466403_3185892686

13249638_2038984819660203_573492520_n.jp

I don't know how to post a link to a Google Images Search, but you can search by image ... it will find "visually similar images," which you don't want. Pick "other sizes" and you'll see a bunch of times this was replicated on Pinterest and a few other places.

Somehow I don't think TPR would have blurred out the logos when this was taken.

The fact that Cardillo stole TPR's image was bad enough; the fact that he also stole his words from the post was even more comical.

Edit: Awesome reference to Pro Wrestling, Flojo!

Edited by DuggerVideoGames
  • Like 1

The fact that Cardillo stole TPR's image was bad enough; the fact that he also stole his words from the post was even more comical.

I'm gonna make this quick as I'm posting on an iPad in the ATT store. Did Chris Cardillo just retweet the very photo he tried to get scrubbed off the internet? TPR, you need to file a takedown request for using your photo. :evil:
  • Like 1

I'm gonna make this quick as I'm posting on an iPad in the ATT store. Did Chris Cardillo just retweet the very photo he tried to get scrubbed off the internet? TPR, you need to file a takedown request for using your photo. :evil:

No, it's not that tidy. But Cardillo/Coleco retweeted someone who tweeted TPR's photo. You can tell it's the recent Facebook version because ColecoVision is blurred out in several places.

So yeah, Cardillo tweeted out a subtle anti-Cardillo joke, apparently because he's lazy and sloppy.

New page. Someone's gonna repost those Pat and Ian videos again, I suppose.

• Like 4

No, it's not that tidy. But Cardillo/Coleco retweeted someone who tweeted TPR's photo. You can tell it's the recent Facebook version because ColecoVision is blurred out in several places.

So yeah, Cardillo tweeted out a subtle anti-Cardillo joke, apparently because he's lazy and sloppy.

New page. Someone's gonna repost those Pat and Ian videos again, I suppose.

Nah. Saving that for the next time they post a new video. By the way, awesome Pro Wrestling reference you made in one of your other posts!

• Like 1