IGNORED

Coleco strong-arming homebrew publishers and fan sites

TPR

Pretty sure its going to be on a NES like system, PAC couldn't tell us because of a NDA

It is being developed on the NES, and will be rendered to a minicade running on an NOAC chip. Depending upon the chip revision, which is pulling chips out of a bag as to which one it will use, there may be audio or graphics artifacts or innacuracies. I would love to just buy a Rainbow Brite NES cart directly from INL or Bob himself. No Coleco Minicade or crap NOAC to stand in my way... :D

The obvious fact to me is that Chris knows the ColecoExpo is going to be a huge bomb evidenced by only 4 or 5 booths reserved at the time that particular webpage was still available. Also, I would assume he has a hold on ticket sales figures and this is driving his frantic madness even further which lead to his unfounded attack on the "ColecoVision Fan" Facebook page.

It's sad that the Coleco and ColecoVision names have supposedly fallen under the control of this person and RWB... or whatever other company that they fall under now.

Seems Mark T. has struck out again (marijuana was not legalized in Illinois... see previous info about Mark's business failure) in placing Chris C. Into this position that he holds.

I don't wish bad onto other people, but with them seemingly having destroyed the Coleco name.....

Coleco is not the original Coleco.

Atari is not the original Atari either, but at least they are trying and not being a total douchenozzle about it. See also Ataribox. There's like four active threads on it...

• Like 1

If there was a graph with the level of attention on first axis and the level of effort on the second axis, this model would look like a parabola.

+1 for math reference. Plot Y=X^2. This is a parabola folks...

In laymans terms: Chris Cardillo is located at zero on the X axis. X axis denotes the distance from Cardillo. Y axis denotes the number of people who align with this distance. When observing the curve, it is at zero in the center, then curves upwards approaching infinity. Okay I'll admit: that was not Layman enough. :dunce:

Still don't get it? Let me spell it out: Chris Cardillo is a zero. Everyone else is something! :evil:

• Like 1

Am I crazy or isn't this just the same toy that was released by Matchbox many years ago? I'm pretty sure that it is.

Edit: Yup. http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/1985/armoured_cyclone

I don't even think these are his photos.

LOL, I forgot about matchbox as they basically were given the toy line after a lot of the transforming original toys in Japan were bought by rival toy companies and they quickly tried to throw something together at the last moment

Even today those matchboxes toys are hated by the fan base with passion

Yeah their is going to be three, Chris officially told people 3 months ago

The dealer spaces map seems to be back up again and it shows a miraculous growth in the number of dealer spaces sold in just the few short weeks since it was shown that only 4 spots were gone. My guess is to expect there to be 10 Castle Windows booths each hosted by one the new "Coleco" employees......

post-5757-0-92819500-1498139317_thumb.png

Edited by Ikrananka
  • Like 2

The dealer spaces map seems to be back up again and it shows a miraculous growth in the number of dealer spaces sold in just the few short weeks since it was shown that only 4 spots were gone. My guess is to expect there to be 10 Castle Windows booths each hosted by one the new "Coleco" employees......

attachicon.gifEvent Map.png

Just to be clear -- the grey circles indicate UNAVAILABLE spots. Pink and orange are still open and ready to rent, not that anyone should.

• Like 1

I used to work for a small monthly newspaper and the owner/publisher would often run free ads to make it look like he had more advertisers than he really did, hoping that would encourage other people to actually place paid advertising.

Gotta wonder if this is the same tactic...making it look like space is at a premium so people will think there is an urgency to buy space before it's all gone.

• Like 1

I used to work for a small monthly newspaper and the owner/publisher would often run free ads to make it look like he had more advertisers than he really did, hoping that would encourage other people to actually place paid advertising.

Gotta wonder if this is the same tactic...making it look like space is at a premium so people will think there is an urgency to buy space before it's all gone.

I'm guessing mostly opportunists looking for cheap spots to pedal toy wares, possibly unaware of what is going on at Atariage, and those targeting girl scout types, who are a completely different demographic from us..

Funny how the layout changed. Maybe they got a smaller space? If the "sold out" spots are false I expect this to be cancelled. If they are not, I expect the entire fiasco to be a huge flop!

• Like 2

I'm guessing mostly opportunists looking for cheap spots to pedal toy wares, possibly unaware of what is going on at Atariage, and those targeting girl scout types, who are a completely different demographic from us..

Well, they have to have at least four tables for their celebrities to sign autographs...

Sophie Reynolds, Skeezy Jones, DJ Envy, and DJ Whutever:

post-2641-0-14026100-1498171894_thumb.jpg

Maybe Chris will get up on stage in his J. Fontaine persona and bust some dope rhymes with his DJ homeboys. That would be fresh. Or something.

Plus - you can apparently win entire arcades! It says so on their awesome poster.

Sign me up!

I took a look at their gut wrenching website with the names of their Staff and I can't decipher if these two people are the same person or twins?

Why was everyone on that page photographed through a murky fish tank?

And I get what most of the job titles are... Promotions, Sales, Community Outreach... all make sense.

But what does a "Rachel" do?

post-2641-0-27641000-1498171895_thumb.jpg