IGNORED

Coleco strong-arming homebrew publishers and fan sites

TPR

I'm guessing mostly opportunists looking for cheap spots to pedal toy wares, possibly unaware of what is going on at Atariage, and those targeting girl scout types, who are a completely different demographic from us..

Off topic but just for the record, there is a girl scout in this house who knows exactly what a Colecovision is... though probably the "most retro game" she plays frequently is Powerstone 2. :)

So it goes job title and then name in bold.

So her name is MAC 10 and she does Rachel?

Interesting sign me up!

This is what happens in the 21st century when people get college degrees in thinking that business is all about "brand" and "image" and don't actually learn to make something of their own worth paying for.

I'm pretty sure 95% of internet businesses are built on ego and photoshop.

• Like 4

Coleco Expo site is dead. Is the event on or off?

The website has been updated so it was probably offline for s short time during the update.

They now have a "History Lesson" section - and what a joke it is too. If anyone needs a history lesson then it is Cardillo and his associates. They refer to Coleco Industries Inc. as "Coleco Inc", dropping the Industries part, in a transparent and pathetic attempt to try and align themselves as being associated with, and a "revival" of, the DEFUNCT original company. Also, Coleco Industries wasn't formed with that name until 1961. When it was started in 1932 it was called the Connecticut Leather Company. There are other errors but I'm not going to help them by pointing out what they are here.

• Like 4

Better act fast! Time is running out!

attachicon.gifColeco SOLD OUT seats.png

attachicon.gifColeco expo map.png

[please don't send them any money]

Coleco Expo site is dead. Is the event on or off?

attachicon.gifcoleco expo certificate error.png

attachicon.gifcoleco expo 404.png

giphy.gif

We won! :grin:

EDIT:

It's up now, and it looks completely different, more like the nasty-ass Coleco Toys page now. I guess they decided to migrate to a new CMS over lunch or something. Their consultant's advertising and rates are at the bottom of the page: http://www.websitesbynerds.com

:sad:

That's what I get for not reading the entire thread before I post. Nothing to see here, move along...

Yes, gray is "unavailable," presumably sold, which is better for Cloaca but worse for haters who want them to fail hard and lose lots of money.

Regardless of whether or not the expo is a success, they have already failed tremendously. They are scum as business, and even worse, scum as human beings. They are a stain on the community and the planet. Any so-called "success" from this expo will never vindicate their delusions of grandeur.

• Like 2