IGNORED

Coleco strong-arming homebrew publishers and fan sites

TPR

Godwin's Law says that when you start comparing your opponent to Hitler or other Nazis, you've lost the argument. Let's not do that.

Well, not exactly:

There are many corollaries to Godwin's law, some considered more canonical (by being adopted by Godwin himself) than others. For example, there is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned Hitler has automatically lost whatever debate was in progress. This principle is itself frequently referred to as Godwin's law.
Godwin's law itself can be abused as a distraction, diversion or even as censorship, fallaciously miscasting an opponent's argument as hyperbole when the comparisons made by the argument are actually appropriate.
I'm gonna go with "option # 2", in which case my comparison, or more appropriately, my analogy, was pretty much spot on. But I'll not muddle this discussion further by digressing from its original intent.
Game on (as in lets continue to game, that is, and not meant as an instigation to anything else).

128k, I don't really know this Doctor, I probably should-- but regardless, you make a good point.

See the comment that was made below by TPR. This was not made by Fred.

This was made by the MODERATOR of ATARIAGE.

This is the FACE of this site! Should we not hold TPR to a higher set of standards as the one entrusted to the keys to the site -- the keeper of policy?

Quite honestly, I one of my employees of Coleco ever talked to a client, supplier or co-worker in this fashion, he would be terminated immediately. And this is just one of many attacks that were incited or carried out.

Albert can you help us understand this a little better? Is this what you set out to create? Or do you possibly think that threads like this are a black eye on your site considering that your own moderate fans the flames, speaks to your users with such distain?

Should the FACE of the site be allowed to use the site to further a personal vendetta over a private business disagreement?

Albert, YOUR agent publicly incites your users to attempt to bully and personally attack people. Then they actually boost about it!

Albert, you have a voice here.

I have requested that your MODERATOR to STOP a number of times.

The harassment continues. One reader or member attempt to log into my Instagram last night. One reader or member attempted to delete my eBay items and who else knows what.

So 128k, when you say, be careful who you hang out with, i urge you to reconsider which side of the line you are truly on.

Most of you probably have kids who you hope to share your love of gaming. You want to get your kids involved with AtariAge. Is this the type of behavior that you want them to see. Do you want to teach them that its ok for their friends to gang up on people over persoanl disputes on Facebook??. What if it was YOUR kid who disagreed with the MODERATOR, the HEAD of the site. You know, the one who is supposed to keep the peace. How would you feel if the moderator said to him. "You all can kindly fuck right off" and you shove it as far up your ass as you can get it.

Please note that you ALL have a voice and a decision here. Every time we get close to resolution, we get great write ups and understanding things go a certain way. I can see that you reeeealy want to voice your opinion, but you don't.... why?

Oh I can see why you are all afraid. You seeee what happens when you don't fall in line (Can someone get me the Apple 1984 commercial, i'm busy up on my stump). What's happening here has happened on other sites with the some folks. You can do that research yourself.

If you feel like you would be victimized if you disagree, feel free to jump on our page were your constructive opinions (not your trolling) will be appreciated.

Unfortunately, as i said before, I don't plan on having someone Bully me or the people around me, or kids that i don't even know, or people that work for me, or with me.

I'm going to take a wild guess here and figure that some of you were bullied in school. The bully attempted to gather support before going-in on someone.

Correct?

You have two options here. You can join the ridicule, and the false accusations, or you can speak up. Hell, you can even ride the bench for all i care. But joining in the jokes and the going on other pages changing info, making fake profiles. That makes you a coward.

I'm sure a number of you watched some bully movies. The bully looks pretty stupid when everyone stops listening to them. Doesn't he?

When you get called to school and your kid is the one picking on kids, how you feel? When YOUR kid gets picked on how do you feel?

If anyone wants to talk to me direct. PM me. If you have a concern we can work it out as grown adults.

I've never backed down to a bully face to face, so I'll be damned if someone behind a keyboard is gonna make me sweat.

If you can read through these pages and the CVF site and not see this as an organized personal attack, then we will most likely never agree. The fact is, that most of you are reasonable and would have resolved this long ago.

Quite frankly, if i was Albert, i'd hit the reset button and have a long sit down with the head of the show who is running UNCHECKED with statements like the one below. Bad look. Real bad look.

The arc of the universe is long, but it bends towards justice. -MLK

So dear Coleco and Chris XXX - You all can kindly fuck right off because I've had enough of this. I'm going to go back to having a good time with the retrogaming community and I don't give two shits what you, your joke of a company or your bullshit "style guide" might say which I would politely ask that when you're done writing it, you shove it as far up your ass as you can get it.

Are we clear?

Let's all go have some fun, shall we?

Because Doctor Josef Mengele was a dick Chris, a big, freaking dick. He did bad things Chris, really bad things. Probably not a good idea for me to be anywhere near him.

You want to know why its probably not a good idea to be anywhere near him Chris? Because people tend to judge you by the company you keep. That's why Chris.

And if you haven't learned this yet in life, well, I can't freakin' teach you. I've already got two kids of my own. And yes, they already know about minding the company they keep.

If you haven't put the puzzle pieces together and realized why a certain person sought you out when they did well, again, I'm not here to teach you.

Its not always about treating others as they treat you: its about how they treat others as well. Again, company you keep.

• Like 1

This is the last thing I will say about this topic and this pathetic immature Cardillo clown. After this, I'm done with this topic and the moron who was the cause of it.

Dear Cardillo: pull your lips over your head and SWALLOW. NOBODY wants to deal with you. Can't you get that through your thick head by now? As a RESULT OF YOUR BEHAVIOR, YOUR ACTIONS, nobody wants to deal with you. Any anger or resentment thrown your way was NOT WITHOUT PROVOCATION, which YOU alone have caused. You're asking people to PM you because you KNOW that you are so in the wrong and you are DESPERATE for SOMEBODY, ANYBODY, to agree with you and your warped views. The people you should be talking to are the Homebrew developers and publishers; if they don't want to talk to you, then you know why; it's because of YOU and the ass you've been throughout this entire circus that YOU created.

You are wasting your time and everybody else's. GET LOST. If anybody wants to contact you, they will do so directly. Stop trolling for sympathy when YOU alone created this entire mess. You go back to being the hack you are while the rest of us go back to playing and enjoying the games. *mic drop*

• Like 2

128k, I don't really know this Doctor, I probably should-- but regardless, you make a good point.

This is the FACE of this site! Should we not hold TPR to a higher set of standards as the one entrusted to the keys to the site -- the keeper of policy?

Quite honestly, I one of my employees of Coleco ever talked to a client, supplier or co-worker in this fashion, he would be terminated immediately. And this is just one of many attacks that were incited or carried out.

Albert can you help us understand this a little better? Is this what you set out to create? Or do you possibly think that threads like this are a black eye on your site considering that your own moderate fans the flames, speaks to your users with such distain?

Should the FACE of the site be allowed to use the site to further a personal vendetta over a private business disagreement?

Albert, YOUR agent publicly incites your users to attempt to bully and personally attack people. Then they actually boost about it!

The harassment continues. One reader or member attempt to log into my Instagram last night. One reader or member attempted to delete my eBay items and who else knows what.

So 128k, when you say, be careful who you hang out with, i urge you to reconsider which side of the line you are truly on.

Most of you probably have kids who you hope to share your love of gaming. You want to get your kids involved with AtariAge. Is this the type of behavior that you want them to see. Do you want to teach them that its ok for their friends to gang up on people over persoanl disputes on Facebook??. What if it was YOUR kid who disagreed with the MODERATOR, the HEAD of the site. You know, the one who is supposed to keep the peace. How would you feel if the moderator said to him. "You all can kindly fuck right off" and you shove it as far up your ass as you can get it.

Please note that you ALL have a voice and a decision here. Every time we get close to resolution, we get great write ups and understanding things go a certain way. I can see that you reeeealy want to voice your opinion, but you don't.... why?

Oh I can see why you are all afraid. You seeee what happens when you don't fall in line (Can someone get me the Apple 1984 commercial, i'm busy up on my stump). What's happening here has happened on other sites with the some folks. You can do that research yourself.

If you feel like you would be victimized if you disagree, feel free to jump on our page were your constructive opinions (not your trolling) will be appreciated.

Unfortunately, as i said before, I don't plan on having someone Bully me or the people around me, or kids that i don't even know, or people that work for me, or with me.

I'm going to take a wild guess here and figure that some of you were bullied in school. The bully attempted to gather support before going-in on someone.

Correct?

You have two options here. You can join the ridicule, and the false accusations, or you can speak up. Hell, you can even ride the bench for all i care. But joining in the jokes and the going on other pages changing info, making fake profiles. That makes you a coward.

I'm sure a number of you watched some bully movies. The bully looks pretty stupid when everyone stops listening to them. Doesn't he?

When you get called to school and your kid is the one picking on kids, how you feel? When YOUR kid gets picked on how do you feel?

If anyone wants to talk to me direct. PM me. If you have a concern we can work it out as grown adults.

I've never backed down to a bully face to face, so I'll be damned if someone behind a keyboard is gonna make me sweat.

If you can read through these pages and the CVF site and not see this as an organized personal attack, then we will most likely never agree. The fact is, that most of you are reasonable and would have resolved this long ago.

Quite frankly, if i was Albert, i'd hit the reset button and have a long sit down with the head of the show who is running UNCHECKED with statements like the one below. Bad look. Real bad look.

Hey Chris,

I think I should step in and give you a couple of comments. Professional Courtesy here.

First, I think it would be a big mistake to spin this situation and try to turn it into Albert's fault. That is going to backfire 1000x.

I suggest Coleco takes an apologetic position towards everything and everyone, and honestly AA now too. This should at the very least cauterize the damage and stop it from spreading.

A couple of things I've learned over the years is that you don't piss off the Internet and do not (for ANY reason) try to pick a fight with the Internet. There is no scenario where you as a person or Coleco Holdings as a company are going to win.

Right now, the best you guys can do is Damage Control. If there are personal attacks to you here, it is best to ignore them; What damage can that do to you? If the G.I. Joe comments are false and Hasbro has indeed allowed people to sell re-cast parts/figures; then good, there is nothing to worry about; no need to come and attack an already angry community. Again Backlash. If that is not true (Hasbro allowing that) where this is a learning experience.

I appreciate this site and Albert running and your post has triggered me signing in a replying (I was resting watching TV with my Wife) . I think you are playing with matches trying to spin this backlash towards Albert's Fault.

Cut your loses, try to work to gain the community approval again. That is the best you can do now.

Edited by PikoInteractive
  • Like 12

You know what Chris? If Doctor Josef Mengele was still alive, I could probably have him as my primary care physician. I could go to him when I'm not feeling well, when I find a lump where it doesn't belong, when I want to have a physical done...you get the gist.

Who the hell is Dr Joseph Mengele? :???:

Runs off to do Google search... Edit: Wow...

• Like 1

Godwin's Law says that when you start comparing your opponent to Hitler or other Nazis, you've lost the argument. Let's not do that.

Already been done, unfortunately. My bad... :roll:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/265739-coleco-strong-arming-homebrew-publishers-and-fan-sites/?p=3768243

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/265739-coleco-strong-arming-homebrew-publishers-and-fan-sites/?p=3768245

Correct?

Albert - Can I please ban Chris Cardillo from AtariAge? He's a cancer that offers nothing. It's your decision, but if and when you finally decide you've had enough, please let me be the one to do it. That's all I ask.

Thanks.

• Like 4

Why is he blaming us, this topic is mainly filled with meme's and social commentary???

Chris should know as he added a ton of meme's to this topic already for better or for worst

Their is a dozen other forums and YouTube video's on this and 99.999999999% +.1111% of us don't care what Instagram is

He can't help himself

the one entrusted to the keys

to the site -- the keeper of policy?

your own moderate fans the flames,

speaks to your users with such distain?

you ALL have a voice and a decision

here. Every time we get close to resolution,

I don't plan on having someone Bully me

or the people around me,

or kids that i don't even know, or people that work for me,

or with me.

If you can read through these pages and the CVF site and not see this as an organized personal

attack, then we will most likely never agree. The fact is, that most of you are reasonable

Albert, i'd hit the reset button and have a long sit down with the head of the show

who is running UNCHECKED with statements like the one below.

Bad look.

Real bad look.

I love this thread so much :)

Man, I'll bet Chris Cardillo wishes he could get this kind of engagement on his Coleco page or his fake ColecoVision fan page. That's really what this is about, isn't it Chris?

cardillo sucks at social media.png

You don't like the fact that you don't control ColecoVision in social media. You don't like the fact that other homebrewers are making games that people want. So you tried to shut my page down and threaten as many of those homebrewers as you can into giving Coleco more "control" over the content they make.

Admit it Chris Cardillo, this is really what this is all about, isn't it? And you even proved that by trying to "control" what was written on the Coleco Wikipedia page.

• Like 3

Correct?

Okay, all this bully talk, now I am personally offended. I was relentlessly bullied as a child. It is NOT fun and IT IS NOT COOL.

You want to end this "bully" talk? Reprieve your unwarranted DCMA attack against TPR and Coleco Fan Page. You have done nothing but bully since you reared your ugly head a few weeks ago by trying to wrestle and "strongarm" the entire homebrew community to your own gain. A small niche community who was happy and self-regulated most of the time, and you want to take control of something you know literally nothing about. You don't own us. You own a name and nothing more.

Stop bullying this once peaceful commune. Ugg, the audacity. We are not a democracy nor are we a dictatorship, so stop trying to rule over us like you are some royalty because you bought a fucking dead IP, and now that somehow makes us all your royal subjects. The internet does not work that way, and your ineptness will be your own downfall. Please just stop and go away already... :mad:

• Like 6

Albert - Can I please ban Chris Cardillo from AtariAge? He's a cancer that offers nothing. It's your decision, but if and when you finally decide you've had enough, please let me be the one to do it. That's all I ask.

Thanks.

Considering Chris is already self destructing and his peers are reading this insanely

• Like 2

So what's gonna come up after all this?

Coleco holdings drops the CV logo?

The homebrewers drop the CV logo? [this already started, didn't it?]

A new Coleco branded console comes out?

2 new Coleco inspired consoles (without brand) come out?

Do we really need 3 ColecoThis ColecoThat ColecoBackCompat consoles? Dunno I have the original CV and hardly stomach it anymore but that has been true for me of the whole 8bit gen so my opinion counts as 0 in this regard.

Ahhh what do I care I've been on cold/flu medicines all day I start seeing things.

EDIT: ... oh, one more thing, no one will give you back the 10 sec you spent in reading this post .... sorry.

• Like 4