IGNORED

Coleco strong-arming homebrew publishers and fan sites

TPR

.... to someone who just said they don't have any allegiances which I translate into that they don't really care one way or the other and are only here for the sake of drama just to stir the pot, which is NOT the reason why I'm here.

... that really just mean i don't have to take your version of the facts on faith and for sure I don't have to take Cardillo version.

It seems you are 'translating" anything and everything that is not a commiserating word or a pat-in-the-back or a "hell yeah burn them down" into a personal attack, relax dude, chill out, old age thought me that truth is very very rarely totally one sided and even the bad guys are not guilty of everything and anything said about them. I am not trying to redeem Cardillo at all, just make sure that if you want to use the pitchforks do it for what was actually done, that is the takedown of the allegedly infringing material on your fanpage, or at least that's how you started the thread.

My interest is about "how it came to be?", we know the why, Cardillo is trying to monetize on the brands he owns (or thinks he owns) that part is obvious, crystal clear and not in discussion, is it?

• Like 4

I agree that the producer point is unrelated.

Cardillo just went about this like an impulsive, passive-aggressive, bull in a china shop. Based on some past comment about opcode and TPRs relationship he assumed, and is still absurdly convinced, TPR was making money off of this. And rather than bring up the point before censoring the CVF page, or asking TPR about it, he just gave other reasons that were also not legitimate. Now that his points have been publicly discredited, he goes back to this with no proof there is or ever was a business relationship between opcode and TPR and no basis for pursuing a fan site. Just unfathomably unprofessional and stupid.It probably was out of jealousy, because it certainly wasn't about the facts.

The concept of doing something for fun, as a hobby, as a labor of love, with no intent of making a dime of profit off of it, is completely alien to people like Cardillo, who most likely only live to ass rape every dime out of people that they think they can, if it means making a profit.

• Like 2

... that really just mean i don't have to take your version of the facts on faith and for sure I don't have to take Cardillo version.

It seems you are 'translating" anything and everything that is not a commiserating word or a pat-in-the-back or a "hell yeah burn them down" into a personal attack, relax dude, chill out, old age thought me that truth is very very rarely totally one sided and even the bad guys are not guilty of everything and anything said about them. I am not trying to redeem Cardillo at all, just make sure that if you want to use the pitchforks do it for what was actually done, that is the takedown of the allegedly infringing material on your fanpage, or at least that's how you started the thread.

My interest is about "how it came to be?", we know the why, Cardillo is trying to monetize on the brands he owns (or thinks he owns) that part is obvious, crystal clear and not in discussion, is it?

To have the audacity to accuse Rob of needing to chill out and taking things too personally is ABSURD. As I already stated, there's over 57 pages in this topic and many of those pages have PROOF of the exchange between Coleco Holdings and the fan page. In addition to the images of the dialogue between them, there's also Cardillo's absurd posts throughout this very topic! I think it's pretty easy to take what Rob says as fact when he's already PRESENTED THE FACTS.

People like you are better off not responding until you have a full understanding of the issues and read and listened to everything.

• Like 3

To have the audacity to accuse Rob of needing to chill out and taking things too personally is ABSURD. As I already stated, there's over 57 pages in this topic and many of those pages have PROOF of the exchange between Coleco Holdings and the fan page. In addition to the images of the dialogue between them, there's also Cardillo's absurd posts throughout this very topic! I think it's pretty easy to take what Rob says as fact when he's already PRESENTED THE FACTS.

People like you are better off not responding until you have a full understanding of the issues and read and listened to everything.

That guy is just about the popcorn and the drama. Ignore him or you'll just be giving him reasons to make more popcorn. ;)

• Like 2

Here you go, page 59. I want to make it clear that I have no business relationship with anybody on these forums or with Pat or any part of his podcast; however, I wouldn't mind if Pat would hand me a huge sack of money for posting these videos on every page. :)

• Like 2

The concept of doing something for fun, as a hobby, as a labor of love, with no intent of making a dime of profit off of it, is completely alien to people like Cardillo, who most likely only live to ass rape every dime out of people that they think they can, if it means making a profit.

Have you heard his awful music?

• Like 1

Have you heard his awful music?

He makes music? I just thought those videos people were posting were jokes; so they're real?

I don't think I could take the chance of losing any more of my hearing at my age then I already have. But please, listen to it for me and post a review. I could use a good laugh.

• Like 1

He makes music? I just thought those videos people were posting were jokes; so they're real?

I don't think I could take the chance of losing any more of my hearing at my age then I already have. But please, listen to it for me and post a review. I could use a good laugh.

I'll put it this way: it's atrocious. The song I wrote about boob sweat for a friend was much better and way more entertaining (some members here found it hilarious).

• Like 2

Seen a few posts from some of their main members and it sounds like the community at large is blacklisting him, have no idea if the site did.

Funny how much floor space hasn't sold for their expo

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/coleco-rgce-2017-dealer-spaces-add-ons-tickets-29525486525

This is interesting. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

I think at least all our secret dreams start with "My secret dream is to grab" [.......]

You know what my secret dream is? My secret dream is to grab the Imagic name, then get the big box that will come with it, with all the Atari and Imagic games, and Rob Fulop. Ah, Rob Fulop.... I am not sure what I will do with Rob? Should I leave him on the shelf or get him to work on new games? Still to be decided. :P

• Like 1

I ask him to chill out with me. He can grind his axe with Chris 'till the cows come home, I still have the right to form my own opinion on what came to be especially as to why Chris/Coleco/RWB decided to go against TPR instead of OpCode directly (or the other allegedly infringing homebrewers).

In isolation it seemed a very very dumb/unexplainable move, in hindsight he really thought TPR produced something for OpCode and they both said there was one instance in which that was portrayed to be the case wrt the SGM to Chris himself, of all the bad things Chris did I think this one it's not entirely on him. Obviously he acted as he acted because of money he believes are involved albeit it's unclear what he wanted to get once it was made abundantly clear the fanpage was just that (not an outlet to sell infringing material).

I don't know why FB decided to disable the whole fanpage, and I don't know if it that has been restored now, I surely hope so.

I am not even sure the DMCA (given it applies to copyrights) has anything to do with TM meaning violating a TM is different than violating a Copyright, given Coleco does not own any copyrights on any of those games I don't think Chris can even file for a DMCA takedown in light of that, not sure why FB trust he does own the copyrights to any of them.

• Like 3

Here you go, page 59. I want to make it clear that I have no business relationship with anybody on these forums or with Pat or any part of his podcast; however, I wouldn't mind if Pat would hand me a huge sack of money for posting these videos on every page. :)

In the words of Rihanna: Pat better have my money!

• Like 1